PDA

View Full Version : Scored A New Boat

gogreeenz4
02-27-2013, 09:27 AM
Out with the old in with the new...3930939310

My question is how do you get a boat quarntined??

Cadillyak
02-27-2013, 09:34 AM
Nice ride...

flyhigh123
02-27-2013, 09:45 AM
are you referring to quagga? There is no quarrantine process, just make sure the boat is dry inclding engine, bilge, livewell, trailer as well and you are good to go

gogreeenz4
02-27-2013, 10:04 AM
are you referring to quagga? There is no quarrantine process, just make sure the boat is dry inclding engine, bilge, livewell, trailer as well and you are good to go

I was told i need this quarintined to fish certian lakes and i was not sure what this meant..I have only fished bear lake and irvine lake in a boat and havent ever had my boat expected at eather lake so i am just trying to figure out the process

Thanks man Uncle Sam bought it for me :Big Grin: gotta love tax returns!!!

whopperstopper
02-27-2013, 10:28 AM
You wont be able to fish Dvl with that motor, Irvine is full of quagga so dont worry about inspections there ,perris just make sure boat is dry, I dunno if skinner is 4 stroke only or newer 2 strokes, if you have water in your boat while getting inspected thats when you get quarrantined. and wont be able to fish that lake for 10 days I think Im not sure how long

gogreeenz4
02-27-2013, 10:41 AM
You wont be able to fish Dvl with that motor, Irvine is full of quagga so dont worry about inspections there ,perris just make sure boat is dry, I dunno if skinner is 4 stroke only or newer 2 strokes, if you have water in your boat while getting inspected thats when you get quarrantined. and wont be able to fish that lake for 10 days I think Im not sure how long

Ohhh Okay so what im taking form all your help is that keep the boat dry and your good for the most part!! Why would i not be allowed to fish DVL???

Thank you all for the help!!

kaneo
02-27-2013, 12:58 PM
nice boat ! hahahahaha... a pond prowler...

HawgZWylde
02-27-2013, 01:26 PM
Lake Casitas is I believe a 10 day quarantine for all boats. All others is the boat must be dry including the motor. One drop falls out during the Quagga inspection and you will fail. Also, your trailer must be dry as well. If you fail, you must wait 7 dry days before attempting again. DVL does not allow non direct injection (older) 2 stroke motors...

vdubfiend
02-27-2013, 08:31 PM
When I was at casitas last year it was a 10 day qt

Stalker Of Fish
02-28-2013, 07:39 PM
Ohhh Okay so what im taking form all your help is that keep the boat dry and your good for the most part!! Why would i not be allowed to fish DVL???

Thank you all for the help!!

Nice boat, I like the paint/cammo do you duck hunt also? It's perfect for that .
You need to be inspected as mentioned for some lakes .

The motor if it is not a four stroke or Direct Fuel Injection two stroke (after 2003) can not be used at Diamond Valley or Lake Skinner . Hopefully it's a four stroke I know Merc. made some with that cowl style .

Welcome to the Flat Bottomed Boat Brotherhood. Do you have a trailer or will you be hauling it in the back
of a Pick u[ Truck?

gogreeenz4
03-01-2013, 01:11 PM
Nice boat, I like the paint/cammo do you duck hunt also? It's perfect for that .
You need to be inspected as mentioned for some lakes .

The motor if it is not a four stroke or Direct Fuel Injection two stroke (after 2003) can not be used at Diamond Valley or Lake Skinner . Hopefully it's a four stroke I know Merc. made some with that cowl style .

Welcome to the Flat Bottomed Boat Brotherhood. Do you have a trailer or will you be hauling it in the back
of a Pick u[ Truck?

Yeah i do hunt waterfowl hahahah and that is half the reason i pulled the trigger on this bad b0y and the other half was the price.

i think it is a two stroker but its all good im a vine guy and bear lake if i feel adventurist:) hahah

No i do not have a trailer, i actually elected out of buying the trailer becuase i can not store it with a trailer and it fits nicely in the bed of my truck