PDA

View Full Version : 2 season Goal Achieved!!!

vegas fish slayer
02-26-2013, 11:54 AM
Well after 2 seasons Vegas Fish Slayer FINALLY got a double digit. I got him on Friday which happened to be my wedding anniversary. I got that slob on a Green Trout King Jig. We chased the truck on Thursday and got some lightnings as well as some bows. Nothing with any size. Then on Friday morning 10 minutes of being on the water and im hooked up and doubled over with that toad. 15 min fight and he was in the net ready for a photo session. We fished Thursday Friday and Saturday at Corona then went to our other slay spot. There i got a 9lber on my 2nd cast. Cant show that pic or video here. So now that i finally succeded in my goal of a toad on 2lb line my new goal is a toad on the fly with 4lb leader. It will happen cuz i work to hard to fail. Im living proof that if you stick with it and dont give up it will happen. Its the little details that make it possible. Im talking little things like good knots, right length leaders, correct size weight, correct size hook for the bait you are throwing, and take the time to make your baits pretty. Toad weighed just shy of 13lbs. 33inches long with a 21in girth. Toad toad toad

Jess
02-26-2013, 12:07 PM
Nice fish dude!!! Congrats

luckyjr21
02-26-2013, 12:08 PM
Well after 2 seasons Vegas Fish Slayer FINALLY got a double digit. I got him on Friday which happened to be my wedding anniversary. I got that slob on a Green Trout King Jig. We chased the truck on Thursday and got some lightnings as well as some bows. Nothing with any size. Then on Friday morning 10 minutes of being on the water and im hooked up and doubled over with that toad. 15 min fight and he was in the net ready for a photo session. We fished Thursday Friday and Saturday at Corona then went to our other slay spot. There i got a 9lber on my 2nd cast. Cant show that pic or video here. So now that i finally succeded in my goal of a toad on 2lb line my new goal is a toad on the fly with 4lb leader. It will happen cuz i work to hard to fail. Im living proof that if you stick with it and dont give up it will happen. Its the little details that make it possible. Im talking little things like good knots, right length leaders, correct size weight, correct size hook for the bait you are throwing, and take the time to make your baits pretty. Toad weighed just shy of 13lbs. 33inches long with a 21in girth. Toad toad toad

Wow :Bug Eyes: great job out there,just goes to show you when you put in that constant hard work it will pay off. congratulations:Applause: well deserve
Im still on the hunt for my first DD.

Leejahd
02-26-2013, 01:01 PM
What a beast Tim! It was about time you got that double! Your out there doing work' see you on the water

FKNChristopH
02-26-2013, 02:00 PM
Good stuff! Way to keep grinding and put it to him!

Hopefully I'm next!

*shakka*

fishnbear
02-26-2013, 02:02 PM
Nice catch! Props to your wife for letting you fish on your anniversary.

ReelGalGoesFishn
02-26-2013, 02:03 PM
Congrats on the dd! Great pic!!

vegas fish slayer
02-26-2013, 02:22 PM

She was right beside me on her tube. We fished 4 days last week for our anniversary. She bought me a new tube and i got her a Custom Phenix and new reel for our anniversary gifts.

Karyn
02-26-2013, 03:25 PM
Congrats on the DD! That thing was huge! You're wife's a true gem : ) BTW- hope the "movie" was a good one! probably worth seeing again...only joking :)

See you out there again! Happy Anniversary and Congrats on meeting your personal goal :)

vegas fish slayer
02-26-2013, 03:38 PM
Congrats on the DD! That thing was huge! You're wife's a true gem : ) BTW- hope the "movie" was a good one! probably worth seeing again...only joking :)

See you out there again! Happy Anniversary and Congrats on meeting your personal goal :)

Ya the movie was awesome!!! A real nail biter lol everyone should watch movies after a long day of fishing

Karyn
02-26-2013, 05:35 PM
Ya the movie was awesome!!! A real nail biter lol everyone should watch movies after a long day of fishing

I love movies too... CHEERS to the big screen ;)

Tube Killer
02-26-2013, 08:13 PM
Nice Toad Fish Slayer

Troutin Man
02-26-2013, 10:31 PM

I agree. You are one lucky dude.

TroutMerc
02-27-2013, 12:38 AM
Hell yeah Tim! Awesome job!

Poxy Boggards
02-27-2013, 01:31 PM
Nice fish! Congrats on reaching your goal. Pics and video of the 9 pounder or it didn't happen...LOL

vegas fish slayer
02-27-2013, 02:09 PM
Nice fish! Congrats on reaching your goal. Pics and video of the 9 pounder or it didn't happen...LOL

Tube Killer will co sign it he was there and has video of it as well.

vegas fish slayer
02-27-2013, 02:10 PM
Thanks everyone for the atta boys. Super appreciate it.

Poxy Boggards
02-27-2013, 02:49 PM
Tube Killer will co sign it he was there and has video of it as well.

I believe your big fish story...Just trying to get the details out of you...LOL

OC ANGLER
02-28-2013, 02:01 AM
Congrats on the double D!