PDA

View Full Version : SNARL at SARL

Troutin Man
02-25-2013, 10:53 PM
Yo what up fellow anglers!

Hit up SARL today. Was at work, but I bailed way early and got to SARL around 12pm. Wet two lines near boat docks. Used PB on one and drop shot mice tail on other. Nothin.

So I decided to rent a motor boat at 1pm and trolled across the lake using 1 flicker shad and 1 thomas buoyant rainbow pattern. Nothin'.

I fished for about an hour at the bubble hole. 1 float tuber near bubble hole. He said he caught one today. Shore anglers had no action. Mice tails in various colors with drop shot, pb in various colors and crank bait at bubble hole. Nothin'.

Trolled again to pumphouse from bubble hole. Nothin.

Drift fished from near pumphouse and ended up near boat docks. Nothin.

Full moon I guess. Paid $50 bucks for a nice day on water with "Nothin." A snarl for SARL today.

I will head to Hollenbeck Park Lake tomorrow on my way home from work. At least it's free. Last time I caught catfish.

Troutin Man
02-26-2013, 12:21 AM
I forgot to mention that while fishin, I didn't know I dropped my net in the lake. I picked up the cement block anchor and had to make a couple runs at it before I picked it out of the lake. At least I caught my damn net! Lol!

elfarolitojr03
02-26-2013, 12:31 AM
was there today and came away with one fish, a carp. and my buddy had a little half pound trout. looked like the lake action was very slow, besides this guy that caught his limit and the guy catching carp haha. good job on catching your net though

Mr T-rex
02-26-2013, 09:21 AM
The bite in the afternoon isnt as good as the am bite But Hey you got your lines wet and it beats being at work buddy ..i fished the bubble hole last friday & left at 9am with my easy limit!! try the morning fishing

luckyjr21
02-26-2013, 11:56 AM
The bite in the afternoon isnt as good as the am bite But Hey you got your lines wet and it beats being at work buddy ..i fished the bubble hole last friday & left at 9am with my easy limit!! try the morning fishing

You still fish?:OMG!:

Mr T-rex
02-26-2013, 02:28 PM
Yes sir i do lol i sent you the picture of my fish last friday boss :Finger: hahaaah

You still fish?:OMG!:

Troutin Man
02-26-2013, 05:58 PM
Instead of leaving work early, fish the morning and go in later. Maybe I could swing that. I'm sure people won't mind me smellin like bite on garlic/roe and trout!

Yes...glad I got my damn net back. I had circle the net a few times....I'm sure the float tuber thought I was on drugs goin in circles all by my lonesome out on the lake! It would of ruined my day if it sank and couldn't retrieve. Anyone fish Sarl today? Full moon still killin the bite?

allanon
02-26-2013, 11:13 PM
Instead of leaving work early, fish the morning and go in later. Maybe I could swing that. I'm sure people won't mind me smellin like bite on garlic/roe and trout!

Yes...glad I got my damn net back. I had circle the net a few times....I'm sure the float tuber thought I was on drugs goin in circles all by my lonesome out on the lake! It would of ruined my day if it sank and couldn't retrieve. Anyone fish Sarl today? Full moon still killin the bite?
Yes, I fished it a half day today.
4 bites one landed fish from a boat.
My finder was detecting fish, they just weren't biting.
Granted, the "dumb" fish have been fished out, but the full moon and high pressure system are not helping the bite either.

Troutin Man
02-27-2013, 10:58 PM
That's too bad Allanon. Did you go by yourself like I did or did you have a fellow angler?

Glad you landed at least 1 though. True about the smart and dumb fish. I agree that the dumb fish have all been pulled already.

Best of luck on your next excursion.

allanon
02-28-2013, 08:57 AM
That's too bad Allanon. Did you go by yourself like I did or did you have a fellow angler?

Glad you landed at least 1 though. True about the smart and dumb fish. I agree that the dumb fish have all been pulled already.

Best of luck on your next excursion.

It was just me solo in the boat.
Funny thing was I caught my only fish maybe 15 min after anchoring up. Thought it was going to be a usual limit day. Not so much. :)

FKNChristopH
02-28-2013, 10:26 AM
?..I'm sure people won't mind me smellin like bite on garlic/roe and trout!

I love the smell of garlic and roe! Lol

It was just me solo in the boat.
Funny thing was I caught my only fish maybe 15 min after anchoring up. Thought it was going to be a usual limit day. Not so much. :)

We should fish soon! Glad you got out there!

*shakka*