PDA

View Full Version : SARL 2/22/13 the LIGHTNING struck

Jbfish
02-23-2013, 11:20 PM
So I stopped dreaming about the Lightning trout.. @troutmerc haha :Smile:
Got to the lake Thursday night 11:59 and 57 seconds
Got my rods set up and slept till about 5 am. Got into the lake and went straight to the bubble hole and was able to set up next to my buddy just on the left of the spillway. Got my rods out as quick as possible and was on my first fish by 645. Little bow probably about 1#. Today is gonna be a good day(in my head right after the first fish) lol the bite died right after the 1st fish.. like by me catching that one, all of the fishes buddies knew what was going on.. They knew I was after them, almost like the fish i caught was a freaking spy or something and he let all his homies know that they should lay low. My rods went dead till noon. Thats when my buddy went home. Him and his buddy both limited around 11:30 with 3 lightings to take home.. They left me all alone but i had hope that the fish had to eat lunch sometime and I was their chef. Once my buddy left I told my self that I was gonna limit, even if I had to stay till they kick me out. About 30min after my buddy leaves I decided to cast my mice tail just to the left of the buoy line.............................................. .............
30 sec. later my rod gets slammed!! The fish took off under the buoy line and into the gated area.. I had no choice but to go into the area and fight the fish.. What was i gonna do? cut my line and let this monster go? so i get into the spillway and this fish fought for a solid 5-6 minutes.. As it comes to the surface i see the golden color. oh man what a rush that was!! My first lightning trout ever!!!(if i land him) i loosen the drag just to make sure i wont lose him and this beast kept fighting and never seemed to tire out(2# test).. these lighting trout are real brute fighters.. "not like pacquiao in the 6th" these trout last the whole 12 rounds! i finally tire him out after about 2 more minutes and net him! my first lightning and its a 3lber? oh man! thank you fishing gods! fished to the left of the spillway the whole time and was able to land 3 more trout to make my limit just around 330. These trout are hard fighters! even the smaller lightning i caught fought like a champ! I was amazed! ended the day with a limit of 3 bows and 2 lightning to total 11#s.. biggest bow was 4#s and the biggest lightning was 3 ish.. Great Day at SARL!!!! Thanks for reading! and sorry for all the grammatical errors! tight lines! *JBfish*

DotA
02-23-2013, 11:38 PM
good work chef lol

TroutMerc
02-24-2013, 12:27 AM
Great job on the fish dude!

OC ANGLER
02-24-2013, 12:53 AM
Thanks for the report... Good stuff!

FKNChristopH
02-24-2013, 10:24 AM
Pacquiao usually lasts 12 rounds.....but nice report! Congrats on your first of many lightening trout!

*shakkaa*

ityperx
02-24-2013, 11:57 AM
Good job out there. I was fishing to the left of you near those big rocks. Was baitin n waitin all afternoon. I got there late at around 12:40 or so. I sat there watching you land fish while I only caught one. If I'm not mistaken you had a camera mounted on the slope when you took that first pix there correct? Anywho, very nice limit. I still need to get my first lightning...

etucker1959
02-24-2013, 12:36 PM
We were there too!!! We were the two good looking guys in the boat with all the trout stickers on the side. Easy limits for us, but not one lighting trout in the bunch. Maybe next time we should get there a little earlier, we didn't get on the water till 11:00 am. The problem is pay lake trout are so damn easy, you don't need all day to catch a limit. lol

Fishbones
02-24-2013, 12:46 PM
congrats on your 1st lightning and good report, always great to overcome sarl and go home with a limit, a sweet one at that..
were you throwin a trout jig at all?

Jbfish
02-24-2013, 01:20 PM
Good job out there. I was fishing to the left of you near those big rocks. Was baitin n waitin all afternoon. I got there late at around 12:40 or so. I sat there watching you land fish while I only caught one. If I'm not mistaken you had a camera mounted on the slope when you took that first pix there correct? Anywho, very nice limit. I still need to get my first lightning...
Yup that was me! Haha it was a gopro hero 3 but I'm still learning how to works it so no videos yet!!

We were there too!!! We were the two good looking guys in the boat with all the trout stickers on the side. Easy limits for us, but not one lighting trout in the bunch. Maybe next time we should get there a little earlier, we didn't get on the water till 11:00 am. The problem is pay lake trout are so damn easy, you don't need all day to catch a limit. lol
The good looking guys hahahaha I get there early to get the morning bite!

congrats on your 1st lightning and good report, always great to overcome sarl and go home with a limit, a sweet one at that..
were you throwin a trout jig at all?
I wasn't throwing jigs at all.. My buddy was slaying on his jig though! He found a honey hole next to some other guys who were killing it on jigs also. My buddy had 4 on jig but nothing of notable size

Fishbones
02-24-2013, 06:13 PM
I wasn't throwing jigs at all.. My buddy was slaying on his jig though! He found a honey hole next to some other guys who were killing it on jigs also. My buddy had 4 on jig but nothing of notable size

aw man, thats a good jig spot, secret color is electric carrot, neon green with neon orange,,, jig & wind slow and wait for the strike, then set the hook.

gamekiller
02-25-2013, 03:47 AM
...are you sure he was jiggin and not fishing the dropshot?? :Idiot: