PDA

View Full Version : Sat @ The lake

karlow
02-23-2013, 07:51 PM
We had a little turnny today (Turners rod and reel club). I was fishing solo on my whaler.
It started OK I got a a hit just inside the Ski arm. It did not stick. Short report, I trolled all over the place for no love. I was trying to run my lines in 35-40 feet early and 50-75 ft later.
I did get hung up four times at various depths. Most of the fish that I metered were 60 feet deep. That was not the problem, I could get down there maybe, but the issue was always, I would have to run 200-300 ft of line to get there. The fish would be sitting in a valley at 63ft, I would line up on them and crap within 50 ft or so the bottom would clime up to 50-40ft and I would have to speed up or turn out. I could hang on the bottom or miss the fish. I could have tried the DR, but then I would have hung a ball and a rig or two! It's just tough going.

PS Joe got a few today.

Weigh in was at 2pm, the life guards were waiting for us in wetsuits, the place looked like Long Beach. White caps everywhere and the lake was closed! Hot dam welcome to Castic Lake, the wind was maybe hitting 15Knts or so.

KP

cutbait
02-23-2013, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the report karlow

TroutOnly
02-24-2013, 10:20 AM
Karl you didnt say who won the hat,,,,,,,,,,,,,,joe called ,i have to return his call today,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

DMS
02-24-2013, 12:13 PM
You should have used your squid rig!

karlow
02-25-2013, 09:11 PM
The squid-rig is what I got the hit on. You got to fish the squid, but sometimes you have to settle for the chicken for dinner.
Joe got two fish, one about 3.5Lbs, and one to go back and grow some more. The other guys left so fast, I don't know how they did.
I'm thinking Joe has a hat coming!

See ya on the water next time BoyZ!