PDA

View Full Version : Corona 2/22

Hotbite909
02-22-2013, 03:46 PM
Corona was the choice today for me. I got on the water about 7:30 and paddle about 1 minute and dropped anchor near the boat dock. It was decent conditions on the water with a light breeze. My weapon of choice was a carolina rig with white and orange combo worm and power egg. Also dipped in bite on roe. Started off with two lighting trout back to back. Then the rest of the bows where on orange then white power egg with 8" leader.
The bites where consistent throughout the time I was on the water but I lost a few and along with the occasional short strikes made me work for the fish today. I think some strikes where small crappie. Anyway, it seemed like there was people catching on float tubes, boats and shore. So good luck on the weekend. Tight lines !!

Troutin Man
02-22-2013, 06:01 PM
Congrats on the catch! It's fun and awesome to work for it. I wish I can hit the water but work and family fills up the days! So I live thru all yall! Keep the reports comin!

As for Lightning Trout, I don't know much about it. Where did they come from? I'm not talking the stocker truck either. Are they genetically altered? Haven't seen them anywhere but SARL and Corona. How do they taste? Does the meat taste the same?

Man...I gotta get out there sometime! Nice job Hotbite!

fishnbear
02-22-2013, 06:35 PM
Corona was the choice today for me. I got on the water about 7:30 and paddle about 1 minute and dropped anchor near the boat dock. It was decent conditions on the water with a light breeze. My weapon of choice was a carolina rig with white and orange combo worm and power egg. Also dipped in bite on roe. Started off with two lighting trout back to back. Then the rest of the bows where on orange then white power egg with 8" leader.
The bites where consistent throughout the time I was on the water but I lost a few and along with the occasional short strikes made me work for the fish today. I think some strikes where small crappie. Anyway, it seemed like there was people catching on float tubes, boats and shore. So good luck on the weekend. Tight lines !!

Were you fishing near the courtesy dock or the most rental dock?

Hotbite909
02-22-2013, 07:19 PM
Troutin man, I do not know much about the lightning trout but they taste good mild with a less fishy flavor. It is a nice looking fish to look at when it is out of the water.

Fishinbear, I was over near the launch ramp the whole time I was fishing. I only moved around in a small area with the amount of other fisherman in the area. Everyone was catching on the north side. Only a few boats on the south east area.

elbowlayer
02-23-2013, 06:17 AM
I was out there also, I was in a rental boat, andbrought home a lightning trout too. My first one ever and using 2lb test on my rod for the first time too. I was sweating bullets but after watching hours of fishing ventures with Ronnie kovach, I had built upy confidence and used the back reeling method I always see him doing. I did loose 2 on that rod and line earlier but that lightning trout was my biggest fish of the day and the last one, by then I was doing it like a pro. I got the lightning trout across from the baitshop by the trees and saw a family in a pontoon catch one there too. I'm trying to post pics but I got a new phone and haven't figured it out yet.

Here is a pic of the fish i caught.