PDA

View Full Version : MDR Halibut Derby 2013 dates announced

MikesOcean
02-22-2013, 08:26 AM
They just announced the dates for the Marina Del Rey halibut derby this year. June 8 and 9th. I think I'm going to do it this year. There lots of fun and cash and prizes are involved too :)

Will you be attending?

Here's the link.

http://marinadelrey.patch.com/articles/marina-del-rey-halibut-derby-tournament-announced?ncid=newsltuspatc00000001

Lady Quagga
02-22-2013, 08:40 AM
Halibut in L.A. Bay....

....can I just eat a cancer-ridden lung and call it a day?

skunked4life
02-22-2013, 09:08 AM
Halibut in L.A. Bay....

Hehehe....that is just about true regarding any fish in the bay. :LOL:

But seriously, I don't think its a catch and all-you-can-eat halibut derby LQ.

MikesOcean
02-22-2013, 09:12 AM
Halibut in L.A. Bay....

Who said eat? Your funny!

You actually get 20% bonus points if you release your fish after you weigh it in.
That's of course if you can keep it alive! Doubt a big one will fit in a live well. Well at least not mine. Haha

fishinone
02-22-2013, 02:58 PM
Halibut in L.A. Bay....

Yes, of course!

billystein
02-23-2013, 07:17 AM
i did the santa monica derby one year. the chatter on the radio was all about trolling for the butts. it seems that all the big fish were caught on the troll. does anyone want to share any secrets on this technique?

NoHo ART
02-26-2013, 05:44 PM
They just announced the dates for the Marina Del Rey halibut derby this year. June 8 and 9th. I think I'm going to do it this year. There lots of fun and cash and prizes are involved too :)

Will you be attending?

Here's the link.

http://marinadelrey.patch.com/articles/marina-del-rey-halibut-derby-tournament-announced?ncid=newsltuspatc00000001
is that a invite bro?

Jig-Guy
02-28-2013, 08:32 PM
CPR and go home and make a great dinner. I do not want to eat the fish either. I do want to catch them though.

Halibut in L.A. Bay....