PDA

View Full Version : Fairmount park HELP I LOST A ROD!

tree
02-21-2013, 05:44 PM
I was fishing Fairmount for the past few days for carp.
Was fishing with Jerry951 today.
Got there @ 4:00 PM and tossed out some garlic bread... about 30 to 45 minutes later

BOOOM my rod goes off into the water.

bye bye shimano curado and quantum smoke. First time I've lost a rod to a fish :( I am gonna cry.... Carp stole my bass rig. :( :( :(

If you guys see a shimano curado and quantum smoke with microguides or manage to dredge it up, please let me know. I am crying :(

anyways, hard lesson to learn that GARLIC BREAD reaaaaly works for the big fish.... dont know what it is about garlic.

Ifishtoolittle
02-21-2013, 05:48 PM
Dude that sucks. That carp will get what's coming to him! I hope your combo is found soon.

fishmounter
02-21-2013, 06:20 PM
Jason, Did you try to snag it back? I know you did right? If not.. WHY? I've got outfits back by doing that. Hey at least you were not hit by another car, but man, .. you are having a bad year so far dude..

tree
02-21-2013, 06:24 PM
Jason, Did you try to snag it back? I know you did right? If not.. WHY? I've got outfits back by doing that. Hey at least you were not hit by another car, but man, .. you are having a bad year so far dude..

yeah seriously, get hit and run by a car while cycling in the bike lane, and now this.

Yeah i did try to snag it back, jerry951 also helped trying to snag it back. It was hooked onto a 15+lb carp that was SCREAMING to the middle of the lake. it's anyone's guess where it is. Happened @ the yellow railing next to the dock.

Jbfish
02-21-2013, 08:20 PM
sorry to hear about the pole... but whats the best way to go about rigging garlic bread lololol i wanna catch some carp you you!!

cutbait
02-21-2013, 08:24 PM
Your title makes me think of Yankees and PED

Kingfish Addict
02-21-2013, 09:49 PM
Wow, that blows! That carp can't swim around with it forever, maybe someone else will catch it soon and recover your combo if the line hasn't snapped already...bummer.

tree
02-22-2013, 02:40 AM
sorry to hear about the pole... but whats the best way to go about rigging garlic bread lololol i wanna catch some carp you you!!

I take the bread and squish it into little balls and then stick a circle hook through the dough ball. Then chuck it out with a split shot. "chum" the water with the same sized squished bread, the bread should be able to sink with a bloop.

GhettoBasster
02-23-2013, 07:14 AM
Your title makes me think of Yankees and PED

LOL. Or Madonna.
Seriously though that sucks Tree! First that rod and reel in Nor Cal; now this. AND you were hit by a car?? Let me know if you need to borrow a setup from me. Maybe I'll try to hit Fairmount today with heavy line and a big treble.

Ifishtoolittle
02-24-2013, 07:42 PM
LOL. Or Madonna.
Seriously though that sucks Tree! First that one in Washington; now this. AND you were hit by a car?? Let me know if you need to borrow a setup from me. Maybe I'll try to hit Fairmount today with heavy line and a big treble.

Lol don't give anyone the wrong idea dude!

GhettoBasster
02-25-2013, 11:54 PM
Lol don't give anyone the wrong idea dude!

Ha ha! I got too busy to go, but I figured if I explained what I was trying to do, DFW would understand. I might try later this week. Hope I don't end up with a human head or something similar.

vortec_cruiser
03-06-2013, 10:40 AM
"chum" the water with the same sized squished bread, the bread should be able to sink with a bloop.

Are you telling us ( the whole world) that you were fishing illegally? :Rolls Eyes:

tree
03-06-2013, 01:41 PM
Are you telling us ( the whole world) that you were fishing illegally? :Rolls Eyes:

word. at least it wasnt a crapload of corn. I was feeding the coots.

vortec_cruiser
03-06-2013, 03:03 PM
word. at least it wasnt a crapload of corn. I was feeding the coots.

Of course, you were feeding the ducks. That makes much more sense. :Thumbs Up: