PDA

View Full Version : Puddingstone Panfish Tournament

troutsniffer
02-20-2013, 10:58 PM
I'm posting this for a bud...

Panfish Tournament at the Pudd Saturday March 23. Hosted by Bonelli Park Support Foundation

Start time: 7am
Weight in time: 12:00pm @ the south shore middle pier
Entry Fee is $5.00

bowler
02-20-2013, 11:34 PM
I can barely read the rules. How is the placing going to be? Is there going to be a 1-3 place.

troutsniffer
02-21-2013, 07:18 AM
I can barely read the rules. How is the placing going to be? Is there going to be a 1-3 place.

I'm just posting this for a friend. I added another picture of just the tourney info. See if the new attachment helps

vortec_cruiser
02-21-2013, 12:04 PM
I wish I could attend, but ...

Anyway, I'm anxious to see how this turns out. We'll see if the fish have recovered in that favorite old lake from my teen years.

I'm surprised nobody proof-read the poster, since it reads like a five-year old wrote it. Not very professional.

Carptain_Bao
02-21-2013, 03:58 PM
total weight...seriously? what you gonna do with the dinks...

old pudd fisher
02-21-2013, 08:04 PM
Panfish sure are scanty this time of the year at the Pudd, good luck to all that attend.

The Cormorant
02-27-2013, 10:04 PM

1. All State and County laws will be enforced by State Fish and Wildlife, LA County Sheriff and LA County Lifeguards and violations will result in automatic disqualification.
2. Panfish only, bluegill, sunfish, redear, perch, and crappie.
3. 10 fish limit, single or combined species.
4. The angler with the greatest total weight is the winner.
5. If a winner can not be determined the tournament committee will resolve ties with a coin toss.
6. No minimum size limit on panfish entered.
7. Anglers are allowed to fish with only one fishing pole at a time.
8. Anglers are responsible for their fish before and after the weigh in.
9. Any live or artificial bait is allowed.
10.If you are on a boat canoe or kayak and participating in the tournament all persons on that vessel must participate in the tournament as well.
11.No drugs or alcoholic beverages are allowed during the tournament or weigh in.
12. Livewell and cooler check will be preformed prior to the tournament.
13. Participating guest must register before fishing on the lake the day of the tournament.
14. The check in for registration and the weigh in will be at the south shore middle pier area.
15. Registration fee will be $5:00 the check in for registration will start at 7:00am and the weigh in will be at 12:00pm on the south shore at the middle pier area. You must be in line at the weigh station by 12:00 pm late entries will not be accepted.
16. All fishing area's and boatable waters of the lake are eligible to be fished. Fishing in the Fast Boating Area after 10:00a.m. and Posted “No Fishing” areas is not permitted and is a violation of law.
17. Any protest against any participant must be made to the tournament committee with
in 15 (fifteen) minutes after the weigh in is completed. This protest will then be reviewed by the tournament committee before taking legal action or awarding prizes. In the event of a protest all fish will be reviewed and reweighed by the tournament committee pending awarding prizes.
18. Tournament can be canceled due to bad weather such as thunder or lightning storms high gusty potentially dangerous winds although this is not highly likely it is noted there will be no refunds issued should this occur.
19. 50% of all entry fees will go toward the Bonelli Park Support Foundation. The remaining 50% will be paid out in cash and or prizes to be determined for First place, Second place, and Third place.
20. Children's division of the tournament is for children under the age of 16. Participants will be eligible for prizes should they place First,Second, or Third. Prizes for the children's division are to be determined.
21. Bonelli Park Support Foundation reserves the right to change any rules up to or on the date of the tournament. Stay posted on Facebook for updates on tournament information.

fishfinder
02-27-2013, 11:17 PM
is that 10 fish limit, just for weigh in? can u keep fishing after 10 fish and just turn in the heaviest 10?

bowler
03-02-2013, 11:38 AM
1. All State and County laws will be enforced by State Fish and Wildlife, LA County Sheriff and LA County Lifeguards and violations will result in automatic disqualification.
2. Panfish only, bluegill, sunfish, redear, perch, and crappie.
3. 10 fish limit, single or combined species.
4. The angler with the greatest total weight is the winner.
5. If a winner can not be determined the tournament committee will resolve ties with a coin toss.
6. No minimum size limit on panfish entered.
7. Anglers are allowed to fish with only one fishing pole at a time.
8. Anglers are responsible for their fish before and after the weigh in.
9. Any live or artificial bait is allowed.
10.If you are on a boat canoe or kayak and participating in the tournament all persons on that vessel must participate in the tournament as well.
11.No drugs or alcoholic beverages are allowed during the tournament or weigh in.
12. Livewell and cooler check will be preformed prior to the tournament.
13. Participating guest must register before fishing on the lake the day of the tournament.
14. The check in for registration and the weigh in will be at the south shore middle pier area.
15. Registration fee will be $5:00 the check in for registration will start at 7:00am and the weigh in will be at 12:00pm on the south shore at the middle pier area. You must be in line at the weigh station by 12:00 pm late entries will not be accepted.
16. All fishing area's and boatable waters of the lake are eligible to be fished. Fishing in the Fast Boating Area after 10:00a.m. and Posted “No Fishing” areas is not permitted and is a violation of law.
17. Any protest against any participant must be made to the tournament committee with
in 15 (fifteen) minutes after the weigh in is completed. This protest will then be reviewed by the tournament committee before taking legal action or awarding prizes. In the event of a protest all fish will be reviewed and reweighed by the tournament committee pending awarding prizes.
18. Tournament can be canceled due to bad weather such as thunder or lightning storms high gusty potentially dangerous winds although this is not highly likely it is noted there will be no refunds issued should this occur.
19. 50% of all entry fees will go toward the Bonelli Park Support Foundation. The remaining 50% will be paid out in cash and or prizes to be determined for First place, Second place, and Third place.
20. Children's division of the tournament is for children under the age of 16. Participants will be eligible for prizes should they place First,Second, or Third. Prizes for the children's division are to be determined.
21. Bonelli Park Support Foundation reserves the right to change any rules up to or on the date of the tournament. Stay posted on Facebook for updates on tournament information.
Thanks. I might have to try it.

Cartman
03-02-2013, 04:27 PM
is that 10 fish limit, just for weigh in? can u keep fishing after 10 fish and just turn in the heaviest 10?

Legal limit is 25 so I don't see why you would stop at 10.

Cartman
03-10-2013, 10:47 AM
total weight...seriously? what you gonna do with the dinks...

Top 10. Crappie are the biggest and heaviest of the fishes on the list. Whoever gets to the crappie will win.

Cartman
03-10-2013, 10:48 AM
Panfish sure are scanty this time of the year at the Pudd, good luck to all that attend.

It seems early in the year to me, too, unless you have access to the deep water maybe.

bowler
03-13-2013, 06:48 PM
Legal limit is 25 so I don't see why you would stop at 10.

Well in the rules it say only 10 fish limit.
It also says in the rules you can only fish with one rod. What if you a second rod stamp.

Cartman
03-14-2013, 07:13 AM
Well in the rules it say only 10 fish limit.
It also says in the rules you can only fish with one rod. What if you a second rod stamp.

It says you have to follow the law, and the law allows 25 fish, but like you say, the law also allows two rods. Is there a number you can call?

Stalker Of Fish
03-14-2013, 08:27 PM
It says you have to follow the law, and the law allows 25 fish, but like you say, the law also allows two rods. Is there a number you can call?

Cartman here is the number. 909/599-8411

The rules (#3) say a 10 fish limit . You can catch 25 but they are only going to weigh 10 (your biggest) .
They are limiting fisherman to one rod probably because not everyone has a two rod license . They are making it so no one has an advantage over basic license holders .

7:00 am sign in and weigh in at noon so basically 4 to 5 hour contest depending if you are bringing a boat .
That's not a long time to find those elusive Crappies unless you really know the lake . The warm weather if it holds may change everything , it's a welcomed surprise this time of year.