PDA

View Full Version : Sliverwood 2-18 Ice Jig Dinks

Hardcor
02-19-2013, 05:31 PM
I started throwing big baits around the outlet tower where the side scan showed some good marks. Two hours of nothing. As the wind started to increase I could see the dinks starting to pile up so I dropped the Ice Jig on them and got four babies. I started trolling the u-rigs, one with small swim baits and one with large swim baits. I kept getting dinked on the small and nothing on the large. I changed up and up and still got dinked. Finally I put out the leadcore at 8 colors and a white 4 inch jerk bait and got a two pounder. 10 dink Stripers and 1 two pounder. I saw Joe with his buddy and they were killing them. Joe said they had 22 Stripers with quite a few two and three pounders. Another two guy in a boat limited out and showed me a good three pounder as I trolled by. They were nice enough to try and tell me what they were doing but the wind was blowing and I could not hear them. I thought that was a nice gesture.

http://youtu.be/DjoOUKMq-D8

ichthus
02-19-2013, 06:42 PM
Good day on the water! Supernice video too. Thanks for sharing your report!

Fishbones
02-19-2013, 07:42 PM
^^^ agree,, cool vid, thanks for the report.

iRavensfan
02-19-2013, 08:38 PM
Niceee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a321eric
02-19-2013, 09:57 PM
Nice report!!! Whats the water temp out there by the way?

trail blazer
02-20-2013, 11:17 AM
Great report,,,,,,,,,,,The BAKO BOYS have been checking out your vids and were impressed!,,You guys rock!.

And also,,is that the big CC GRIZZLY boat?

TRAIL BLAZER

Hardcor
02-20-2013, 06:06 PM
Good day on the water! Supernice video too. Thanks for sharing your report!

Thank you for watching, this is my first report. I decided am going to try and participate more then lurk.

Hardcor
02-20-2013, 06:08 PM
^^^ agree,, cool vid, thanks for the report.

Thank you Fishbones !

Hardcor
02-20-2013, 06:15 PM
Great report,,,,,,,,,,,The BAKO BOYS have been checking out your vids and were impressed!,,You guys rock!.

And also,,is that the big CC GRIZZLY boat?

TRAIL BLAZER

Thank you trail blazer ! I have seen Bako Boys video's, you and cut bait would fit right in with The Reel Brothers. Yes the boat in the video is a 22' CC Custom Grizzly, big bother to your's

Fysher
02-20-2013, 06:37 PM
Cool video. Thanks for the report. I've never fished Silverwood but one of these days I will have to make it up there and give it a shot.

trail blazer
02-20-2013, 06:49 PM
Thank you trail blazer ! I have seen Bako Boys video's, you and cut bait would fit right in with The Reel Brothers. Yes the boat in the video is a 22' CC Custom Grizzly, big bother to your's

Niceeeee

Im a gulf coast transplant<CORPUS TX,,,,,,,,Your boat would rock the reds and spec trout ,,,,,,only thing that kept me from getting that one was $,,lol

WE,l see ya out there some day im sure,,,,,,,thanks again for the great vids

TRAIL BLAZER

Hardcor
02-20-2013, 09:04 PM
Nice report!!! Whats the water temp out there by the way?

The water was 48% all day

t3rry
02-21-2013, 11:34 AM
Yo hardcor! i loved your saltwater videos this past summer. The action on your boat was enough to make me go on a 2 day trip XD couldn't let you have all the fish :P

Hardcor
02-21-2013, 12:01 PM
Yo hardcor! i loved your saltwater videos this past summer. The action on your boat was enough to make me go on a 2 day trip XD couldn't let you have all the fish :P

Thank you t3rry, That is cool to let me know that. What date was your two day and how did you do.

TroutOnly
02-21-2013, 08:48 PM
WHERES THEM BIG ONES CORY ,I THINK I NEED TO JUMP ON THAT BOAT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

cutbait
02-21-2013, 09:06 PM
Baddass post..

Tb and I like the vid where your dumass brother kept thinking it was snagged on bottom and you wouls yell at him everytime. "Were in a hundred and fifty feet of water?".....

Then he reels the fish in.. and the credits at the end.

Funny stuff..

We need to meet at castaic sometime with Bobarino

a321eric
02-21-2013, 11:30 PM
The water was 48% all day

Dang thats crazy...didn't think it was that cold out there. Then again it is a higher elevation lake.

Hardcor
02-22-2013, 08:40 AM
Baddass post..

Tb and I like the vid where your dumass brother kept thinking it was snagged on bottom and you wouls yell at him everytime. "Were in a hundred and fifty feet of water?".....

Then he reels the fish in.. and the credits at the end.

Funny stuff..

We need to meet at castaic sometime with Bobarino

I had a good year at Castaic in 2012. I netted Shad four times and had off the chart days fishing four pound line. I would love to meet the Bako Boys.

And about the Brother thing, It's the same thing every time we fish salt or fresh, He has to torment me. Here is a short video of the real torment !

http://youtu.be/P4rwMpezdXs

Hardcor
02-22-2013, 11:21 AM
WHERES THEM BIG ONES CORY ,I THINK I NEED TO JUMP ON THAT BOAT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Any day, any time ! My boat needs your Mojo ! I will offer one day fishing my boat slaying Stripers at Sliverwood for one day on my boat fishing Bonefish in San Diego Bay. All on me. My food,gas and boat and your Mojo ! I know you like the light line stuff .

Remember I am your student

http://youtu.be/4u7RzD9TqCs

cutbait
02-22-2013, 11:43 AM
Any day, any time ! My boat needs your Mojo ! I will offer one day fishing my boat slaying Stripers at Sliverwood for one day on my boat fishing Bonefish in San Diego Bay. All on me. My food,gas and boat and your Mojo ! I know you like the light line stuff .
Bob loves to bone fish!

MikesOcean
02-22-2013, 04:14 PM
Great videos indeed! If my memory serves me correct, were you the one having a hard time with Photobucket? if so, how the @#$$ can you not do that, but edit Frikken awesome vids?

Are you using a gopro and I want to know what editing program you have been using cuz you have been doing an amazing job on the vids?

Hardcor
02-22-2013, 04:34 PM
Great videos indeed! If my memory serves me correct, were you the one having a hard time with Photobucket? if so, how the @#$$ can you not do that, but edit Frikken awesome vids?

Are you using a gopro and I want to know what editing program you have been using cuz you have been doing an amazing job on the vids?

I never had Photobucket, all my stuff comes from you tube. I do have the GoPro but most of my video's are shot on Sony HD wide angle camera's. Two camera's that are linked together by a remote PC that run the whole time I'm on the boat. One camera shoots the front and one camera shoots the back. There is also a Sony HD handheld camera. The hand held camera give you a more intimate shot but you never miss a hook up with the stationary camera's. I use the Sony HD Video editing program. It's not really friendly but when you learn it it will pay off.
Thank you for the prop's on my video's, Make's an old man feel good !