PDA

View Full Version : Good fishin at corona

DC5fishR
02-19-2013, 12:38 AM
Tubed corona this weekend, and got my limit! :Big Grin: Also, caught a bunch of small crappie. All hooked on different colored mini jigs and one on a plastic worm. I worked the tackle store to the dam. Water is definitely up about 6 ft and 55 deg. Overall, looked like a pretty productive day for a lot of people. Still waiting to hook into a big one this season at this lake, but coronas been pretty good quantity wise on my trips this season. Hope this helps, go get em!

Oh yeah, I assume the crappie are black crappie because of the spine numbers, but the dozens I've caught have always been almost entirely silver, unlike at other lakes, any thoughts on this?

crappiemike
02-19-2013, 07:39 PM
When the water warms you'll
See the difference.........

Cm

Marley
02-19-2013, 08:34 PM
Nice. That lake has so many crappie. I sat anchored last year in a spot over trees and saw hundreds of crappie boiling all around. I had no idea they did that, thought at first it was big shad but shad don't get that big. It was unreal. Had to be a hatch going off and a wad of bait all rolled into one because the trout were thick under them. It was unreal.