PDA

View Full Version : Tubing LAB

Kidfish
02-18-2013, 04:22 PM
Today at 6:30 this morning I hopped in my tube and went fishing for a day in the bay with one of my friends. In the morning conditions were a little windy with a very over cast sky. So I was crawling darker baits on the bottom by the eel grass and only mackeral wanted to bite. So we made the plan at around 9am to fish docks for the rest of the daysince nothing was bitting. So we kicked up to one of my spots in the shallows and it was loaded with corbina. Since I was not ready to fish corbina I hooked one fish and farm it.But I continued on fishing and I hooked an octopus. This day was just getting worse and worse. We continued to fish till 12 and did not even get a bite. But finally my friend hooked a fish. This fish was his first fish of the year, broke his 6 month streak of not catching a fish, and his first sand bass. This fish really picked things up. Three more casts later BOOOOOOMM !!! My 3in Pearl Swimbait got slammed, I knew exactly what this fish was, and I reeled in a nice little spotty which just turned my day around. We continued to fish and farmed three more fish but overall this day was a great day to be on the water fishing.

Wingnut
02-18-2013, 06:10 PM
Nice job on the catch, I'm sure we will be seeing plenty of great reports from you this year. :Big Grin:

Kidfish
02-18-2013, 06:15 PM
Nice job on the catch, I'm sure we will be seeing plenty of great reports from you this year. :Big Grin:

O yes certainly plenty more to come.

DockRat
02-18-2013, 07:11 PM
Good to get out anyways.
Mitch got the skunk off, now he'll go more.
DR

Jaysuuun
02-19-2013, 01:12 AM
It's nice to see a spottie report. That place can put out some quality bass. You can never go wrong fishing the docks. Hope to see more reports from you soon.

skunked4life
02-19-2013, 07:27 AM
Way to go Kid! Someone needs to sponsor you ASAP!

GETBIT!
02-19-2013, 12:30 PM
Right on kid, Way to scrape up a few up, Thank god springs around the corner, ttya soon bro take care

bloox8
02-19-2013, 01:11 PM
Nice kid. Those darn sandies are being really up tight in the bay this time of year

bachiboy
02-19-2013, 03:34 PM
Way to pull it out in the bottom of the 9th Kid! Sometimes all it takes is that one bite to make a trip.

Thanks for sharing....
Don

dlmoo312
02-20-2013, 03:05 PM
Way to avoid the skunk on the home turf!
Thanks for the report

-Daniel

murrieta angler
03-02-2013, 07:42 AM
Hey Kid,
Good to see a report from you.
One is better than none!
It's still early and with the water warming up here, it's gonna break wide open.
Thanks for sharing,
Robert
<><

keepemlo
03-09-2013, 09:54 AM
I still think ocean and floatube are a challenge i tube and ive yet to go on the ocean,,but for those who do ,,
Nice,,thats a good catch

murrieta angler
03-09-2013, 09:57 AM
You just need to hook up with someone who is familiar with it.
La Jolla is always a good place to go.
There is a yak launch only 75 feet from water.
Robert,
<><

sidified
03-09-2013, 10:56 PM
Glad you were rewarded with action, Kid.. Always good to end up the day with the bite on...You put that kind of effort in when things warm up and you are going to be hot..
Sid

SP Dan
03-11-2013, 08:52 AM
Hi ya Kidfish,

Glade to hear that the slow day picked up for you and your friend!
And also, "Congratulations" to your friend on breaking his 6-month skunk!

Thanx for the fish report with pictures, :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

PTN
03-16-2013, 07:49 PM
Nice getting in on some spotty action Kidfish. So this is where you've been fishing :Smile: Wish I could upgrade to a tube myself but don't like the idea of my feet dangling in the water like that :Embarrassed:. Thanks for the report.

-Peter