PDA

View Full Version : Tube Report @Corona 12-16

Surfnsnowboard3
02-16-2013, 02:47 PM
It's been over a month since I last fished so I was anxious to go. The original plan was to tube SARL in the tourney...then heard about the tough bite at SARL and decided I didn't wanna fish in the crowds, so went to Corona.

Got there at 0700, later than normal. I line obviously. Parked in the south end. Shore packed. Water level up and full, which is great. Water clarity, not great. Water temp 56 all over the lake.

Fished JD's point and cove behind bait shop off the bat. Nothing for an hour or so. Few caught from shore. Depth behind bait shop, 8 feet. Kicked over to east side. Depth in middle of lake, 10 feet. Immediately started catching on the east side in 8 feet of water. Started with a double. Then three more on the next 2 hours. Limit by 1000. One 3 pound fish, all other small. Caught them on pink and chartreuse mice tails. 18" leader or so. Fish were hitting hard. No subtle bites. Lots of other boats and tubes catching on the east end. Fly fishers catching too.

As I was kicking back, saw a huge sturgeon caught by a guy in a boat.

Any questions let me know.

vdubfiend
02-16-2013, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the report

Are the fish pink meat?
I ask cause I always fish irvine but don't eat trout..
The pink meat fish seem to taste good tho... I need to get out to corona I guess

Surfnsnowboard3
02-16-2013, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the report

Are the fish pink meat?
I ask cause I always fish irvine but don't eat trout..
The pink meat fish seem to taste good tho... I need to get out to corona I guess

The meat is pink.

Cadillyak
02-16-2013, 06:19 PM
Nice going bro. Did u end up getting some more waders?

Surfnsnowboard3
02-16-2013, 06:34 PM
Nice going bro. Did u end up getting some more waders?

Yea, finally! No more cold leaky waders.

iPhish
02-16-2013, 08:06 PM
Fished JD's point and cove behind bait shop off the bat. Nothing for an hour or so. Few caught from shore. Depth behind bait shop, 8 feet. Kicked over to east side. Depth in middle of lake, 10 feet. Immediately started catching on the east side in 8 feet of water. Started with a double. Then three more on the next 2 hours. Limit by 1000. One 3 pound fish, all other small. Caught them on pink and chartreuse mice tails. 18" leader or so. Fish were hitting hard. No subtle bites. Lots of other boats and tubes catching on the east end. Fly fishers catching too.

Haven't had much luck lately at Corona, but thinking of heading out tomorrow morning. Where on the east side exactly? Thanks for the great report!

---Michael

Surfnsnowboard3
02-16-2013, 08:12 PM
Haven't had much luck lately at Corona, but thinking of heading out tomorrow morning. Where on the east side exactly? Thanks for the great report!

---Michael

Southeast end. Directly across from the bait shop. Find the boats, they will be there.

Another note, a big shout out to my two new G loomis rods coupled with a Stella 1000 on one and a Stradic ci4 on the other. Epic!

Marley
02-16-2013, 08:44 PM
...a big shout out to my two new G loomis rods coupled with a Stella 1000 on one and a Stradic ci4 on the other. Epic!
Nice bling! Gotta be a dream fishing with those.

Surfnsnowboard3
02-16-2013, 09:24 PM
Nice bling! Gotta be a dream fishing with those.

It is a dream! I am very blessed.

Phishinghookz
02-17-2013, 11:14 AM
Southeast end. Directly across from the bait shop. Find the boats, they will be there.

Another note, a big shout out to my two new G loomis rods coupled with a Stella 1000 on one and a Stradic ci4 on the other. Epic!

Nice bro, glad to see one of my old rods doing work...