PDA

View Full Version : EEEWWWWW! Smells like skunk! Skinner 2/15

P.A.W.
02-15-2013, 01:30 PM
Skinner was slow today. For me, for everyone. Water is up, temps mid 50's. I did see a few cruising male LMB and a few striper schools. No love. Tried everything in my arsenal. I'm staying home Sat. but I'll try again Sunday and Monday.

Askwhy
02-15-2013, 02:48 PM
Skinner was slow today. For me, for everyone. Water is up, temps mid 50's. I did see a few cruising male LMB and a few striper schools. No love. Tried everything in my arsenal. I'm staying home Sat. but I'll try again Sunday and Monday.

Pat your such a trooper , but I'm sure it will soon reward you with a good limit or two as skinner seems to be going through a slow year compared to years past. Looks like a lot of people will be hitting up diamond as soon as a few good reports come up which will leave the lake wide open for you lol good luck on Sunday and Monday .

P.A.W.
02-15-2013, 05:11 PM
Trooper? or glutton for punishment? I hear the camping spots were filling up fast for the rest of the weekend. That means lots of fishermen. Maybe they'll scare the fish towards us trollers.

Stalker Of Fish
02-15-2013, 05:41 PM
I am glad i caught your thread . I was just trying to decide if I was going to Skinner tomorrow or Sunday/Monday .
A sick friend wants me to exercise his Falcon as soon as I can . So now I can do it in the morning and not miss meeting you P.A.W.
Sorry to hear it was skunkville . Were the Striper Schools still at 50 ft or so or were they a little higher with the warmer water temps?
I meant to ask is trolling the main or only way you take them or do you throw the big baits at times ?
I remember you said you had not seen a good shad boil last year does that mean there is not much of a surface bite even in Spring/Summer ?

TroutOnly
02-15-2013, 06:05 PM
WHATS THAT SMELL ? LOL,,,,,SORRY TO HEAR THAT PAT THATS WHEN I HEAD TO THE NEXT LAKE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,

P.A.W.
02-15-2013, 06:10 PM
I am glad i caught your thread . I was just trying to decide if I was going to Skinner tomorrow or Sunday/Monday .
A sick friend wants me to exercise his Falcon as soon as I can . So now I can do it in the morning and not miss meeting you P.A.W.
Sorry to hear it was skunkville . Were the Striper Schools still at 50 ft or so or were they a little higher with the warmer water temps?
I meant to ask is trolling the main or only way you take them or do you throw the big baits at times ?
I remember you said you had not seen a good shad boil last year does that mean there is not much of a surface bite even in Spring/Summer ?

Well, last year my go-to was a jerkbait when possible. U-rig is always a great way to cover water and locate fish. If they are surface feeding I love Spooks and Producer Plugs too. Now they are still deep for the most part.