PDA

View Full Version : Shimano Chronarch 201e7

Fishingdachronarch201E7
02-14-2013, 10:29 AM
Hello All,

Tony here, im new to the fishing network and was hoping someone could help me out. Last year in September LongFin had a sale and decided to buy my first baitcaster Shimano Chronarch 201e7 along with a convergance shimano rod 7 2 6-12lbs power medium action fast.

Since September when i first picked it up, Ive only used it a hand full of times and have only caught one fish with it :( i use my spinning reels alot more and have caught lots of fish, but id really like to start using my baitcaster...I fish for bass trout, can i use it for ocean, id like to surf fish....i have 12lbs test on it....

Hope this makes sense sorry if i mispelled

Thank you very much in advance.39109

bassfishing24/7
02-14-2013, 11:31 AM
That set up will work just fine,i prefer my rods in medium heavy & at least 6'10-7'6" for farther casting & i usually use 10 or 12# line in both fresh & salt water.

gogreeenz4
02-15-2013, 01:22 PM
Hello All,

Tony here, im new to the fishing network and was hoping someone could help me out. Last year in September LongFin had a sale and decided to buy my first baitcaster Shimano Chronarch 201e7 along with a convergance shimano rod 7 2 6-12lbs power medium action fast.

Since September when i first picked it up, Ive only used it a hand full of times and have only caught one fish with it :( i use my spinning reels alot more and have caught lots of fish, but id really like to start using my baitcaster...I fish for bass trout, can i use it for ocean, id like to surf fish....i have 12lbs test on it....

Hope this makes sense sorry if i mispelled

Thank you very much in advance.39109

Hey Tony welcom aboard!

i have the righty version 200e7 of your reel and it is by far my far reel i own. I fish it with 12 pound Max and have yet to meet a fresh water bass that my reel cant handle but i hope one ay to meet one that puts it thru some serious testing.as for salt i have never used mine in salt that what my peice of poop revo is for ;)

Just a heads up maybe next time put this topic in general disccusion or mmember reviews irvine lake reports are for well irvine lake reports.. Some dudes get heated for some reason when topic are in the wrong spot.. just lookin out for you.. By the way longfin is the best shop around bar none.