PDA

View Full Version : Late report for 2/9/13

fishnbear
02-12-2013, 09:12 PM
I had a blast fishing the float tube/ kayak tourney. Got to the lake around 6:45 and found the road to trout island was closed. As soon as the tubes hit the water we were on a mission to make the long kick from the launch ramp to the flats. I hooked into my first trout before making it out to trout island. We continued on to the flats where the bite was steady. We used powermouse rigs smothered in Bite On Fury and pink mini jigs dipped in Bite On Roe or Corn. My wife catches her limit before me of course, so we start the long kick back to the launch ramp. All the fish at this point were less than 2 pounds so we were in no hurry to get to the scales. We make it to boat dock cove and I just finished talking to my wife about what it would feel like to fight a brown trout. I've heard they put on a good fight. Then my mini jig rod feels like it snagged onto some weeds, but the weeds start to move sideways. I told myself, Hey weeds don't move sideways...FISH ON!!! I was about to find out first hand what it's like to fight a brownie. After about 8 mins of fun I finally net the sucker and realize I have less than 40 mins to get to the scales. Kicked like a madman and fought through the leg cramps and I made it to the scales on time. Fished weighed 6.0 lbs and was good enough for 2nd place. Got some cash, new hotspot fins, and a beautiful hook jaw brown trout. Not too bad of an outing. Picked up some samples of Fools baits too. Can't wait to give them a try. Enjoy watching my first video. Irvine has been well worth the drive from San Diego.

http://youtu.be/d0ZW_L9SY2A

Rooster
02-12-2013, 09:53 PM
What a great video. That fail part had me rollin :LOL: . Can't ask for a better outing. Hope 2 cya out there again

ReelGalGoesFishn
02-12-2013, 09:54 PM
:LOL: had a blast and glad you finally finished the video!!!!

Jbfish
02-12-2013, 10:01 PM
super nice fish!! oh man if you lost it on the first net attempt i woulda cried... hahaha and im just watching the video. goodjob! *JBfish*

TUNAVIC
02-12-2013, 10:12 PM
Wow,I was anxious and nervous for you during that fight with that hook jaw,even though I knew the outcome.lol
Very nice,congrats! Great vid.

Cya TunaVic

Thisfool
02-12-2013, 11:52 PM
congrats on the brown trout i still have to get me one of those. ive got the bow, steelie and brooky just need to land a brownie now. hope to see you guys this weekend for the master qualifier

karalm
02-13-2013, 06:18 AM
SWEET Video!! Great job out there. How much fun is it to take the long trip, hit the vine, pick up a monster brown and take home some cash!! I bet the wife was proud and good for you in that you both enjoy the sport of fishing together. Keep up the spirit and enjoy the memories is my motto.

VineVideos
02-13-2013, 06:29 AM
Very impressive video !! Wow!! Nice hog Brown for a dramatic conclusion. I have yet to catch my first Brown also.
I love the use of the PIP. Adds another perspective to the video. I have always liked strictly all instrumental BG music. Does not distract from the subject.

Great job. Thanks for the report and great vid !!

DJ

Fishingdachronarch201E7
02-13-2013, 08:51 AM
Congrats on a great video! and catch!....hopefully i can land one of those this weekend! weather should be nice!

fishnbear
02-13-2013, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the positive comments everyone. See you all this weekend for the qualifier. Let's catch some toads!

5150fishn
02-13-2013, 09:55 AM
Great video! Congrats on the nice brown. Walked away with some cash too. Great day indeed!

FishermanStu
02-13-2013, 08:56 PM
For the love get your jag buddy outta there while you battle that howg