PDA

View Full Version : Who else can't wait to read post of people catching bass in the shallows?

dday07
02-12-2013, 05:31 PM
Within 3 weeks i hope..

bassfishing24/7
02-12-2013, 06:30 PM
I been catching them suspended off deep ledges & drop offs at my local lake....hope everybody is practiceing catch n release on the spawning bass....

Ifishtoolittle
02-12-2013, 09:33 PM
That place is actually better in the winter? In the summer it's a real b**ch to walk around.

smokehound
02-13-2013, 12:32 AM
I hate the spawn. I do not fish it. Pre-spawn is way better. The bass are feeding voraciously at that time, especially females, which need to fatten up or else their eggs will not be healthy enough to produce viable offspring. They're inhaling lures, and no guilt or sense of cheapness.

While many argue that the bass will return to its nest (and yes they will remember and return), the reality is, by the time He makes it back, most of his eggs will be damaged. This will encourage fungal growth in the eggs that remain, and cause even more casualties.

The pre-spawn is underway in many socal park lakes

DarkShadow
02-13-2013, 01:32 PM
Who else can't wait to read post of people catching bass in the shallows?

So that the city park snaggers with treble hooks and surf rods come out of hibernation?

dday07
02-13-2013, 01:46 PM
I hate the spawn. I do not fish it. Pre-spawn is way better. The bass are feeding voraciously at that time, especially females, which need to fatten up or else their eggs will not be healthy enough to produce viable offspring. They're inhaling lures, and no guilt or sense of cheapness.

While many argue that the bass will return to its nest (and yes they will remember and return), the reality is, by the time He makes it back, most of his eggs will be damaged. This will encourage fungal growth in the eggs that remain, and cause even more casualties.

The pre-spawn is underway in many socal park lakes

i agree...i meant the pre-spawn...could you p.m. me some info on catching them this time of year?