PDA

View Full Version : first tube experience

mefishtoo
02-12-2013, 06:25 AM
oh yes, what a day Monday was, if you were at Santa Ana lakes, I was the poor guy totally lost on a tube.
So first question, how do you turn?, I finally was able to do it but it sure was a challenge and maybe fun to watch for the people at shore. Decided to go all the way across the lake, another mistake for the first day, just ask my legs; got too close to shore where some one was fishing and got yelled at (with reason). Having to control the tube and fish at the same time, that was fun, tube going left, rod facing right, haha.
BUT, what a feeling to be in the middle of the lake floating and fishing, I loved it!
yes, will do it again.

any tips are welcome

desertstorm
02-12-2013, 07:14 AM
hey check this site out should answer everything you need to know

http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com/forum

mefishtoo
02-12-2013, 08:46 AM
thanks for the link, great information in there

bassfishing24/7
02-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Oh man i remember my first try at tubing like it was yesterday,fyi never go alone....i guess its too late! Lol. It helped me after a couple of outings,but imo the big difference w being able to control ur tube is getting good fins.they made all the difference.when i want to turn i just dig down and kick ur fin forward w the leg u want to turn to either right or left,just think of them like ur rowing a boat.i hope this helps.

mefishtoo
02-12-2013, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the advice, don't know anybody with a tube, that's why I went alone . Next stop Irvine lake

bassfishing24/7
02-12-2013, 06:24 PM
Theres usually plenty of tubers at the vine so u should be able to make some new fishing buddys & get some more advice at the same time!

fishmounter
02-13-2013, 01:43 PM
mefishtoo- I sent you a PM..

geedavell
02-15-2013, 03:47 AM
i'm new too. Tubed once in the Sierra and loved it. Shoot me a Pm if you don't mind fishinf with an old man.

fishmounter
02-15-2013, 04:18 PM
geedavell- Sent you a PM, check it.

geedavell
02-15-2013, 04:25 PM
Got it. thanks for the invite. i'd love to tag along

DC5fishR
02-19-2013, 12:59 AM
I just started tubing this trout season too! :Big Grin: It's my favorite way to fish now, I've gone over a dozen times already. I'm lucky it felt natural even the first time out... I did stay really away from other anglers though. I think what helped me was having the mentality of riding a motorcycle just look where you want to go and your body naturally tends to help you get there. Don't worry about being yelled at, everyone has to start at sometime. I recommend lnl or corona, winds generally aren't as much of a factor and lakes are smaller.