PDA

View Full Version : About 3 weeks till LB Fred Hall show..who is going??

fishtacomag
02-11-2013, 10:03 AM
Fred Hall starts on March 6 and ends March 10. Once again Fish Taco chronicles will have a booth there..so I HAVE to be there LOL. Who else is going and what will you be looking for

Fishbones
02-11-2013, 10:25 AM
Cant wait, last year i picked up two Wychwood Barbel rods, there a sweet lightweight 12' thin diameter surf rods for $25ea. and of coarse my Penn international 50SW:Shocked:

fishinone
02-11-2013, 11:07 AM
I'm planning to go, on Wednesday I hope.

Now! How do I show up with a pocketful of cash?

Fishbones' 12 foot rods are great for bait fishing. I saw him get a hit on one and watched a wave run down the blank to the handle. I thought it was neat.

Fishbones
02-11-2013, 12:38 PM
I'm planning to go, on Wednesday I hope.

Now! How do I show up with a pocketful of cash?

Fishbones' 12 foot rods are great for bait fishing. I saw him get a hit on one and watched a wave run down the blank to the handle. I thought it was neat.

Wednesday huh,,,guess im camping out Tuesday night.lol....you gotta clearance those extra kayaks u have Ron for show money.
Them 12' rocket launchers aren't just for bait. i can sling a 1oz fluke a quarter mile it seems.. and have held up to some fish estimated over 50lbs.

fishtacomag
02-21-2013, 11:05 AM
do you know which booth you got them from?

Fishbones
02-21-2013, 01:09 PM
I dont, it was a no name booth with a little of everything right across from a booth selling reels,
i also picked up 2 big berkley 7strand kona classic marlin trolling lures for $10ea. from this no name booth.
Really looking forward to this year.

geedavell
02-21-2013, 04:43 PM
I haven't been in about 20 years but I'm gonna try to go this year.
Which one is better the Del Mar or Long Beach??

TroutOnly
02-21-2013, 07:44 PM
ALL DAY SAT ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TROLLING FOR GEAR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

bowler
02-21-2013, 07:51 PM
ALL DAY SAT ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TROLLING FOR GEAR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Did you hear it's a no trolling on Saturdays. :LOL: I will be there on Saturday too with my wife.

OC ANGLER
02-22-2013, 02:14 AM
I need to find me some free passes!

Which one is better the Del Mar or Long Beach??

Personally I like Long Beach better

DarkShadow
02-22-2013, 08:51 AM
I need to find me some free passes!

Easy solution.

Buy one of these shirts and you get in for free!

http://www.head2toesecurity.co.uk/media/images/products/56-791-yellow-security-printed-high-vis-polo-shirt.jpg

But i get what you're saying. Between parking, entry fees, $10 beers, by the time I buy my first piece of tackle, I'm already down $100.

Is it me, or are sales far and between now? Seems most places are now using the Fred Hall Show to get rid of their over stock, and are selling their regular items at MSRP.

Does Turners still do the "buy a reel from us and get free line fill for a year?"

fishtacomag
02-23-2013, 10:48 AM
one way to save money is to carpool so you only pay for parking for one car. Maybe find a safe place a few miles away and park other cars there and then go in one car. Also don't think that Turner's does that any more

Rooster
02-23-2013, 11:43 AM
Anyone know if there are any deals left the last day Sunday? People blowing out items? BTW How is the bags this year FishTacoMag? What ya got going this year?

geedavell
02-24-2013, 07:49 AM
I haven't been in years. Any chances of getting a deal on a float tube there? Looking for a Fat Cat or Super FC

fishtacomag
02-24-2013, 09:16 AM
Anyone know if there are any deals left the last day Sunday? People blowing out items? BTW How is the bags this year FishTacoMag? What ya got going this year?
Hi Rooster, this year we have pretty much the same, jar of dough bait, some hooks, pack of mini-jigs from lip ripperz, sierra slammers or trout trap, 110 yard spool of 4# test from Berkley, coupons from Del Taco, plastic from AA and Big Hammer. What we have new is a pack of Lazer Trokar hooks-saltwater--from Eagle Claw..they are new on the market and have a MSRP of $17.99-21.99. Also if you are going to buy something over $50 in the Baja Fish Gear booth...buy a subscription for $10 and we will give you a $10 OFF any purchase over $50 in their booth..so the sub is FREE..but of course for $5 more you can get all the swag and a t-shirt plus the subscription

bass413
02-24-2013, 09:16 PM
Is it me, or are sales far and between now? Seems most places are now using the Fred Hall Show to get rid of their over stock, and are selling their regular items at MSRP.

I'd have to agree here.

I have missed the past 2 shows simply because when I was going, I always seemed to leave disappointed. Never found that GREAT deal. It is a good time walking around and looking through all the booths, but again, as Dark Shadow stated, the sales seem, few and far between....

fishtacomag
02-27-2013, 09:02 AM
BTW...just got in some 1/2 price coupons from Dana Wharf for 1/2 day or 3/4 day boat--value up to $29 and some $20 OFF coupons from Daveys Locker on Twilight, 1/2 day or 3/4 day boats. You will get one of each with your subscription at the show. BTW did you all see the photo of Wingnut in the Spring issue??

WAHBAM
02-27-2013, 01:48 PM
I'm going Wednesday! I hope to pick up a thunnus or spinfisher v & some jerkbaits