PDA

View Full Version : Corona 2/10/13

LittleJigger96
02-10-2013, 06:26 PM
So I arrived at corona this morning at about 5:30 AM. I thought it was going to be a good day with not many people fishing the past few days but boy was I wrong. So when I got in I went right behind the snack bar to find out that the lake is up about 7 ft or so. I couldn't fish much there but that was the only spot. So I fished their with ever color jig/power worm. I even used a bobber and dropshot. So not seeing anyone catch anything I went down to the dam where I saw the action best around. Also they were only in a pocket where they stick them and only hitting powerbait. So these guys got their limit and left and by that time it was 1:30. I got in their spot and threw in some powerbait on one pole and dropshot on the other. I finally manged to get my 1st at around 1:50 or so. Then on the bite gradually got better. I finished with 3 on powerbait and my uncle got all his 4 on Chartreuse powerworm. I wish they never filled the lake it didn't do anything but make it worse.

Surfnsnowboard3
02-10-2013, 09:49 PM
So I arrived at corona this morning at about 5:30 AM. I thought it was going to be a good day with not many people fishing the past few days but boy was I wrong. So when I got in I went right behind the snack bar to find out that the lake is up about 7 ft or so. I couldn't fish much there but that was the only spot. So I fished their with ever color jig/power worm. I even used a bobber and dropshot. So not seeing anyone catch anything I went down to the dam where I saw the action best around. Also they were only in a pocket where they stick them and only hitting powerbait. So these guys got their limit and left and by that time it was 1:30. I got in their spot and threw in some powerbait on one pole and dropshot on the other. I finally manged to get my 1st at around 1:50 or so. Then on the bite gradually got better. I finished with 3 on powerbait and my uncle got all his 4 on Chartreuse powerworm. I wish they never filled the lake it didn't do anything but make it worse.

Thanks for the report. Glad you caught some fish.

Also, I wanna understand your reasoning as to why it's worse with a higher water level? I'm guessing by your report, it's cuz there's less shoreline behind the bait shop? Or something else?

LittleJigger96
02-10-2013, 09:55 PM
Well first yea there is not a much shoreline that is accessible. The other reason is I think that all the new cold water that flowed in made the fish not want to hit as good as past weeks I've seen this happen at irvine before but I could be wrong. It's still a good lake and love it though.

keepemlo
02-10-2013, 10:01 PM
Nice report,,ive been thinking of corona for crappie,,maybe one day next mnth

LittleJigger96
02-10-2013, 10:05 PM
Nice report,,ive been thinking of corona for crappie,,maybe one day next mnth

Yea that lake is really good for crappie. I've caught some nice 2 lb slabs around mid march early April.