PDA

View Full Version : AV Duct Feb 10

jdduckman
02-10-2013, 02:17 PM
Fished West Ave H (Rosamond siphon), 170th and the gate to the west. Nothing. Was bound and determined to use only flukes with 3/4 oz head. Started at 7:00 AM and left at 11:30 AM. Did try a few rattletraps, but was unsuccessful with them as well.
Frustrated, but not done. There will be many more days!

On 170th This huge German Shepard came through the fence and bounded towards me like I was his next meal. Big dark face sun of a gun. Glad he was friendly or I was going to swim.
He just sat down next to me and watched me while I fished. I got in the car and went to the Ave H bridge and he followed me all the way there and layed down next to me while I fished. Pretty soon a car pulled up and he went home with his owner. Glad I saw him coming at the other bridge. If I had been looking west and turned and saw him running at me I am sure I would have ***** myself.

Fishbones
02-10-2013, 10:25 PM
thanks for the report, that shepard would have made me trip too, owner maybe trained him to protect his secret honey hole..lol
goodluck next time.

dk4885
02-10-2013, 11:59 PM
try having 3 coyotes yapping at you about 30 yards away for a few second then they run off you go back to fishing then get a bump on the leg look down and see a huge husky. holly **** i think i screamed like a little school girl. lol. happend last week right at gray light.

jdduckman
02-11-2013, 09:33 AM
Came home the other day and wife and son were watching some movie about a plane crash and 7 guys hiked through the wilderness and snow and these wolves started picking them off. Then I encountered the shepard....the thought crossed my mind at how wolflike shepards look.
I need to unlock the secret of the fluke. I was mostly a bait and wait duct fisherman until I started catching them on traps. One of these days it will happen.

fishinone
02-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Came home the other day and wife and son were watching some movie about a plane crash and 7 guys hiked through the wilderness and snow and these wolves started picking them off. Then I encountered the shepard....the thought crossed my mind at how wolflike shepards look.
I need to unlock the secret of the fluke. I was mostly a bait and wait duct fisherman until I started catching them on traps. One of these days it will happen.

We need to go fishing together, I catch them on Flukes and don't catch them on lipless crankbaits.

I often fish with Khanh but haven't opened the secret of catching on lipless crankbaits yet.

I can only remember catching one fish on a lipless crankbait. It was a 3.6lb crappie though!:Big Grin:

jdduckman
02-12-2013, 08:21 PM
fishinone,
I would be pleased to fish with you, but I am afraid the transfer of knowledge would only be one way I suspect.
You catch fish on the fluke all the time with skills. I catch fish on the lipless sporadically and I think it has more to do with being at the right place at the right time and not any particular skill involved.
I'm thinking about maybe Sunday or Monday.
Sunday may not be a good day as the jailbirds seem go to church and fast.

cutbait
02-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Not scared of coyotes yappin, not scared of chupacabras, not scared of snakes,

My thing is one particular siphon in the middle of nowhere and I just know is where Predator lives

harlanx1
02-13-2013, 04:49 AM
I have a buddy who jumped the fence at tupman at night to fish the little concrete river and swares there are wolves in the elk preserve. Swares they were stalking him. Must have been healthy coyotes. my fishing buddy hank keeps the yote's away pretty good lets me concentrate on the fish.
http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y446/harlanxone/038_zps56ec7c27.jpg
If I can get him to land em I'll have it made