PDA

View Full Version : Best/favorite band/artist?

fishermanx14
02-10-2013, 01:29 PM
Just curious....might start a few arguments lol....
i would have to say my all time favorite band is PanterA...This thread isnt just for rock/metal bands, its for any type of music

old pudd fisher
02-10-2013, 02:26 PM
The DOORS !!

LuckyBasser
02-10-2013, 02:38 PM
TooL my favorite hands down, then probly rage against the machine, then alice in chains, but On a whole different level of music that I wasnt alive for, Led Zeppelin are legends.

old pudd fisher
02-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Thanks Basser thats nice to hear from a young man. Yep I liked and still like Led Zeppelin too.

fishermanx14
02-10-2013, 07:45 PM
when i tell people i listen to jimi hendrix, maiden, zepplin, sabbath etc. i get a few weird looks haha

cutbait
02-10-2013, 07:47 PM
Pearl jam... yeah I grew up in the 90's

fishermanx14
02-10-2013, 07:52 PM
gotta love them too.....what do you think on nirvana? I think they are over rated and Alice in Chains will all ways be better

cutbait
02-10-2013, 08:03 PM
gotta love them too.....what do you think on nirvana? I think they are over rated and Alice in Chains will all ways be better

Agreed.

Red hots

LIVE

Chevelle

Seven mary three

trail blazer
02-10-2013, 08:19 PM
LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

MEGADEATH/METALICA

Dont youall be trippin!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtPQ_QJpFIU

old pudd fisher
02-10-2013, 08:22 PM
when i tell people i listen to jimi hendrix, maiden, zepplin, sabbath etc. i get a few weird looks hahaHell when I was a kid my dad would Listen to Bing Crosby all night on the big' High Fi ' in the living room at night..Yuuk. I just when outside and blew off fire crackers that we got in TJ in the backyard It was ok back then.

fishermanx14
02-10-2013, 08:23 PM
I love metallica before the black album, after they sold out to everyone

fishermanx14
02-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Hell when I was a kid my dad would Listen to Bing Crosby all night on the big' High Fi ' in the living room at night..Yuuk. I just when outside and blew off fire crackers that we got in TJ in the backyard It was ok back then.

I think i can relate.....my dad allways listens to Hank Williams (the first) and will never put on anything else

cutbait
02-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Hank williams all day! He will last to the last days

cutbait
02-10-2013, 08:29 PM
Dont let ole Trailblazer fool ya.

He has this on his ipod when were fishing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39YUXIKrOFk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Marley
02-10-2013, 08:30 PM
The Doors, Pink Floyd, ZZ Top, a lot of Willie Nelson.

dk4885
02-10-2013, 08:51 PM
Green Day, Disturbed, Staind, Godsmack, and lets not forget Beastie boys

LuckyBasser
02-10-2013, 10:28 PM
Thanks Basser thats nice to hear from a young man. Yep I liked and still like Led Zeppelin too.

O ya I love zeppelin, I have a jack russel named zeppelin lol. And a zeppelin tattoo on my forearm. I listen to a whole lot of different music, I can't leave out Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn, pearl jam, soundgarden, Kyuss, Ryan Adams, a perfect circle, Opeth, pink Floyd, Steve vai, frank Zappa, the mars Volta, and Muse, Bob Marley, system of a down, just started listening to a bunch of various country. But I hate U2, and Coldplay lol.

Piss on Myspace
02-10-2013, 10:38 PM
Hands down, fist raised....RAGE AGAINST THE MANCHINE

Seen em twice...Gnarliest pits ive ever been in

Everything Luckybasser mentioned deserves a spot on the ipod...tool is mos def up there

Ill switch up genres.....

Jazz anybody??? Lets take 5 with Brubeck, Max Roach, Charlie P, the count, Dizzy, Ellington, Ella, Bessie, Coltrane, Satchmo, Thelonious, Miles, Mingus to name a few

Whos got the blues???

LuckyBasser
02-10-2013, 10:48 PM
Hands down, fist raised....RAGE AGAINST THE MANCHINE

Hell yes, I saw them live twice so far.

Piss on Myspace
02-10-2013, 11:18 PM
Hell yes, I saw them live twice so far.

Haha didnt even get a chance to edit lol...seen em twice as well. The old BB pavilion and the coliseum. I was actually suppose to see them with Wu-Tang in 97 i believe, but then Wu backed out...if u like the volta, check out my buddies band "Tigers of Wrath"

Prolst!

LuckyBasser
02-10-2013, 11:24 PM
Haha didnt even get a chance to edit lol...seen em twice as well. The old BB pavilion and the coliseum. I was actually suppose to see them with Wu-Tang in 97 i believe, but then Wu backed out...if u like the volta, check out my buddies band "Tigers of Wrath"

Prolst!
I'll do that, I was at the coliseum for the battle for LA show also, and I saw them at coachella 2007. I saw mars oct.2nd 2007 in San Diego.

DarkShadow
02-11-2013, 02:15 PM
Rudy and Los Nuevos Huevos Rancheros

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XVFkPWgOK8

Rage would come a close second, but the last concert of theirs I attended (Democratic National Convention in LA), I got pelted by rubber bullets. Not fun.

TaperSteve
02-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Grateful Dead
Phish
String Cheese Incident
moe.
Widespread Panic
Particle
Col. Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains
Karl Denson's Tiny Universe
Ratdog
Pink Floyd
Gov't Mule
Allman Brothers Band
Bela Fleck & the Flecktones
Frank Zappa
Les Claypool's Fearless Flying Frog Brigade
Yonder Mountain String Band
Trey Anastasio Band
Primus
Keller Williams

Gosh so many I could keep going on forever.

TS

Prowler_Tuber
02-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Dave Matthews Band

City Dad
02-11-2013, 02:41 PM
The Andrews Sisters... and actually, just Maxene and Patty

Jess
02-11-2013, 02:45 PM
Social Distortion

DarkShadow
02-11-2013, 03:04 PM
The Andrews Sisters... and actually, just Maxene and Patty

Hey, i still have that LP you let me borrow.

http://momentmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/jewish_cowboy_textmedium.png

fishermanx14
02-11-2013, 06:02 PM
O ya I love zeppelin, I have a jack russel named zeppelin lol. And a zeppelin tattoo on my forearm. I listen to a whole lot of different music, I can't leave out Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn, pearl jam, soundgarden, Kyuss, Ryan Adams, a perfect circle, Opeth, pink Floyd, Steve vai, frank Zappa, the mars Volta, and Muse, Bob Marley, system of a down, just started listening to a bunch of various country. But I hate U2, and Coldplay lol.
My uncle took me to see kyuss last year at the fox theater, awesome show!

fishermanx14
02-11-2013, 06:02 PM
Dont let ole Trailblazer fool ya.

He has this on his ipod when were fishing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39YUXIKrOFk&feature=youtube_gdata_playerwho dosent have this song?

fishermanx14
02-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Hank williams all day! He will last to the last days

You dont appreciate it very much when you have to wake up to "your cheatin heart" at 6 in the morning.....hell i could recite the lyrics off the top of my head

fishermanx14
02-11-2013, 06:12 PM
My first pit was at ozzfest when i saw the origional black sabbath, judas priest, and black label sociotey. But the pit i was in was during the exodous show.....I fell down a few times, but the other curtious metal heads didnt hesitate to help me out. As a 13 year old it was awesome. After the big circle pit we mamaged to do THE WALL OF DEATH!!!!!!!! that was kinda scary but the most fun ever. I still havent found my self in the video.....this was at glen helen btw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4T5njVM_Oc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxsGVzXtTg4

HawgZWylde
02-11-2013, 06:45 PM
My first pit was at ozzfest when i saw the origional black sabbath, judas priest, and black label sociotey. But the pit i was in was during the exodous show.....I fell down a few times, but the other curtious metal heads didnt hesitate to help me out. As a 13 year old it was awesome. After the big circle pit we mamaged to do THE WALL OF DEATH!!!!!!!! that was kinda scary but the most fun ever. I still havent found my self in the video.....this was at glen helen btw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4T5njVM_Oc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxsGVzXtTg4

We didn't do mosh pits but "Us Fest 83" Metal Day was comparable. The bands were Quiet Riot, Motley Crue, Ozzy, Judas Priest, Triumph, The Scorpions, and Van Halen...

TroutOnly
02-11-2013, 07:06 PM
Black label society ...........................s-d-m-f...........................but im an og metal head from back in the beginning when black sabbath created it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bitches,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,

fishermanx14
02-11-2013, 07:38 PM
Black label society ...........................s-d-m-f...........................but im an og metal head from back in the beginning when black sabbath created it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bitches,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,
good to hear, when i saw BLS Zak Wild threw me a monster and some guy caught it the same time i did and we ended up wrestling for it lol

Basspass
02-12-2013, 01:27 AM
I love this thread!!

What I love more is that fisherman have awesome taste in music. PanterA is for sure número UNO! Tool, Alice in Chains, early Metallica and a bunch of the classics u guys named are awesome too. I also think Muse is killing it nowadays. Awesome band.

seal
02-12-2013, 08:24 AM
The WHO!

End of discussion.....

EL JEFE
02-12-2013, 09:27 PM
Have to go old skool........too hard to name just one

With the exception of a few artists, my personal playlist evolves around music between the years of 1964 and 1979. The Rock n Roll 500 by Rolling Stone Magazine (the 500 most influential artists of all time) is a good place to start a collection. I have all 500 of these songs plus another 329 varied artists in my playlist!!

Chuck Berry (IMO King of R&R) and the most influential artist for this genre of music
Jimi Hendrix
Al Green
The Allman Brothers Band
Led Zep
James Brown
Bob Dylan
Muddy Waters
Bruce Springsteen
Temptations
ALL MOTOWN artists
Michael Jackson

old pudd fisher
02-12-2013, 09:39 PM
Good ones for me, I like them too. Bob Dylan was kind of special in his day.

LbcLakers
02-12-2013, 10:08 PM
rap:
Biggie, pac , nas,too short ,e-40,geto boys ,NWA,scarface, westside connec, dogg pound, bone thugz, domino, weezy
reggae:
buju banton, berres hammond, junior kelly, gregory issacs, collie buddz, SOJA, berrington levy, sizzla, jah cure, gyptian
spanish:
chalino sanchez, vicente fernandez, ramon ayala, gerardo ortiz, roberto tapia, Larry hernandez, valentin elizalde, el komander, saul viera, los tucanes de tijuana, calibre 50, noel torres

my play list goes on from country to opera to oldies the list is long enough it just goes on I put the artist I listen to the most

shiromaguro88
02-12-2013, 10:22 PM
The Cult rocks. Like the metillica guy mentioned how they sold out. Same thing happened to U2. I liked them tell Joshua tree album then they went commercial. I cant believe no one mentioned Bob Marley's yet.

LbcLakers
02-12-2013, 10:29 PM
The Cult rocks. Like the metillica guy mentioned how they sold out. Same thing happened to U2. I liked them tell Joshua tree album then they went commercial. I cant believe no one mentioned Bob Marley's yet.

Bob Marley is a legend but I dont listen to him all the time, I listen to his sons Ky mani and damian marley more.

fishfinder
02-12-2013, 11:21 PM
Led Zeppelin is the greatest band of all time. Hands down. Now "go get the Led out"
They never won no awards, and they were never nominated for a Grammy. They just Fukcin rocked.

City Dad
02-13-2013, 08:32 AM
Hey, i still have that LP you let me borrow.

http://momentmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/jewish_cowboy_textmedium.png

Shhhhh! Nobody on this forum knows!!!!

DarkShadow
02-13-2013, 09:27 AM

CD,

Everybody here recognizes your love for cowboys.

TroutOnly
02-13-2013, 09:52 AM
I think you two listen to that record while youre going to brokeback cowboy mountain with youre dodger hats on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

City Dad
02-13-2013, 10:44 AM
I think you two listen to that record while youre going to brokeback cowboy mountain with youre dodger hats on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hey... that was a shot from the bushes! (though I'm sure when Tim Lincecum reads it he'll laugh so hard a Dorito will come out his nose.)

trollmiester
02-13-2013, 01:11 PM
i like and have seen jimi hendrix,doors,ledzepplin,almanbros,tenyears after,janis,bonnie raite,b.bbking,buddy guy,albert king,freddiekinf,stevie ray,george thorgood,,talking heads,crosby stills and nash-the next day after we landed on the moon,who,leon russel,rolling stones every tour since 1969,joe coker,pink flyd at he sant monica auditorium,the small faces feauting rod stewart,steve miller,stepenwolf,bruce,all the eric clapton bands starting with farweel cream concert at the forum,blind faith in santa barbara.derek and the dominos at sata monia civic and more,van halen,beach boys,mitch rider and the detroit wheels,blues image,mountain with lesley west,ELVIS,george harrison, ringo star,paul mcarthy,the seeds,assocation,love,tajama hall,youngbloods,albert collins,zz top,iron butterfly,ike and tina turner,jeff beck,arowsmith,jackson brow,willie dixon,john lee hooker,canned heat,charlie musselwhite,wlter trout,koko taylor,aretha franklin,etta james,edwan hawkin singers,jim croche and soon as i think of more i will add,remeber i grew up down the street from the forum in the sixtees on.lee michaels,three dog night,chicago,marshall tuckerband,booker t and the mgs,randy newman,sly and the family stone,james cotton,mike bloomfield,igy pop,alice cooper,james cotton,melanie,flooging mollys,and all the great harmonica players.man thats were all my money went going to concerts,no regrets had great fun and stories.

DarkShadow
02-13-2013, 01:25 PM
i like and have seen jimi hendrix,doors,ledzepplin,almanbros,tenyears after,janis,bonnie raite,b.bbking,buddy guy,albert king,freddiekinf,stevie ray,george thorgood,,talking heads,crosby stills and nash-the next day after we landed on the moon,who,leon russel,rolling stones every tour since 1969,joe coker,pink flyd at he sant monica auditorium,the small faces feauting rod stewart,steve miller,stepenwolf,bruce,all the eric clapton bands starting with farweel cream concert at the forum,blind faith in santa barbara.derek and the dominos at sata monia civic and more,van halen,beach boys,mitch rider and the detroit wheels,blues image,mountain with lesley west,ELVIS,george harrison, ringo star,paul mcarthy,the seeds,assocation,love,tajama hall,youngbloods,albert collins,zz top,iron butterfly,ike and tina turner,jeff beck,arowsmith,jackson brow,willie dixon,john lee hooker,canned heat,charlie musselwhite,wlter trout,koko taylor,aretha franklin,etta james,edwan hawkin singers,jim croche and soon as i think of more i will add,remeber i grew up down the street from the forum in the sixtees on.

Yeah, but have you seen Wu Tang Clan?

TroutOnly
02-13-2013, 02:43 PM
Trolly that was all a dream,,,,,,,,,,,you saw johnny cash one time and it was the end of you,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,broke-back-boys-in-blue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

troutdog
02-13-2013, 10:37 PM
Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, Eagles, Doors, Hendrix....can't go wrong

Trolly that was all a dream,,,,,,,,,,,you saw johnny cash one time and it was the end of you,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,broke-back-boys-in-blue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Quit flirting with all the Dodger fans T/O...typical gnat fan :LOL:

TD

fishmounter
02-13-2013, 10:57 PM
I'm a big Genesis and Pink Floyd fan (I'm a drummer), love Foo Fighters, and lately I enjoy Muse. I may be getting old, but I still enjoy melodic well-played musical instruments and good vocals.

Skyler
02-14-2013, 10:48 AM
Trance/techno:

http://www.arizonafoothillsmagazine.com/aznightlife/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Tiesto-2.jpeg

Punk:

http://www.cvltnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/the-exploited-244011-e1317010473638.jpg

Metal:

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Slayer-heavy-metal-716038_1024_768.jpg

Alternative:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080504040308/transformers/images/0/03/SmashingPumpkins_all.jpg

New Wave:

http://theherofeed.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/the_police-6001.jpg

shiromaguro88
02-14-2013, 04:28 PM
You forgot Grunge. Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Mudhoney, Nirvana, Alice and Chains. I remember going to a concert with Nirvana opening followed by Soundgarden and Red Hot Chili peppers closing in the early nineties at the LA sports arena. That concert rocked.

Skyler
02-14-2013, 05:03 PM
You forgot Grunge. Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Mudhoney, Nirvana, Alice and Chains. I remember going to a concert with Nirvana opening followed by Soundgarden and Red Hot Chili peppers closing in the early nineties at the LA sports arena. That concert rocked.

I lumped grunge in with other alternative, where is belongs. I would still be typing the post if I covered my favorite artist in every sub-genre. Hell, just listing all of the electronica genres would take an hour, lol. Oh, and Pearl Jam sucks!

Stalker Of Fish
02-14-2013, 09:21 PM
Agreed.

Red hots

LIVE

Chevelle

Seven mary three

Oh the Sacrilege ! Nirvana= the Originators ! Alice in Chains = the Imatators

I personally am a big fan of Both Nirvana for sheer raw energy and power and loved to hear Alice in Chains tight haunting harmonies and and creative guitar riffs and counterpoint . But credit has to given where it's due! Have you listened to the early formative years of Nirvana it's much better than the later stuff with the exception of The MTV Live unplugged recordings probably some of last music Kurt Cobain was really on his game and not spun out of his head.
I was privileged enough to see them both live many times there was a big difference of energy level comparing the two.
Sorry could not help myself I had to way in with another opinion . I would agree Alice in Chains were more widely accepted and even more popular as they were more mainstream commercial and received more air play . To each their own

Stalker Of Fish
02-14-2013, 09:24 PM
I'm a big Genesis and Pink Floyd fan (I'm a drummer), love Foo Fighters, and lately I enjoy Muse. I may be getting old, but I still enjoy melodic well-played musical instruments and good vocals.

I am a Peter Gabriel Genesis Fan you probably enjoy Phils drumwork .
I am a lead/slide guitarist and synth player.

Stalker Of Fish
02-14-2013, 09:45 PM
It's funny when I think how my musical likes influences have changed. I grew up going to See Led Zep with my mom in Junior High . Then by High School I was a skater and it was the Sex Pistols Black Flag , Suicidals , Agent Orange and early Pretenders when they were a Punk not Pop Band . Then I heard the Vapors and New Wave was my choice .
Then Randy Roads With Quiet Riot and Then OZZY. Reggae

Now My Favorite is Shiny Toy Guns I think they have an original sound and pretty well crafted stage show Maybe U like them Skyler as they appear to me to have heavy Techno roots and I play a lot of early Police music, it has that reggae groove that's sounds right when you want to chill out in your fishing boat with minimal complaints!

shiromaguro88
02-14-2013, 11:59 PM
Nirvana and curt corbain didn't create grunge. They where the first to have great commercial success. There where other band like green river, mudhoney and mother love bone and sound garden leading the way.

detailer
02-15-2013, 12:02 AM
One of the best bands I ever saw in concert was Ritchie Blackmore's "Rainbow" with lead singer Ronnie James Dio . For those youngersters out there Ritchie Blackmore was lead guitarist
for Deep Purple . The second best the original members of Lynard Skynard . Thanks for the idea fishermanx . Alot of good times in those days . Tight Lines brothas !

Stalker Of Fish
02-15-2013, 02:40 AM
I gotta add early UFO and early Scorpions . Marc Bolan and T-rex Agent Orange Nine inch Nails Echo and the bunny men
the Cure, Houdu Gurus Early David Bowie Third eye Blind
Red Kross the U-men and the Pixies

Stalker Of Fish
02-15-2013, 02:50 AM
Nirvana and curt corbain didn't create grunge. They where the first to have great commercial success. There where other band like green river, mudhoney and mother love bone and sound garden leading the way.

depends how you look at it . Sabbath is accredited to early Grunge Roots as is Red Kross The Pixies and a whole other scene
down under in Australia . Nirvana was the first to bust out with it I might of been a bit presumptious there ! I just could not
hang with the "Nirvana's over rated comment" they were bad ***! early on !

HawgZWylde
02-15-2013, 12:38 PM
Lol, kinda of a loaded question for an old rock and metal guitarist. Musicians tend to look at music a little differently than non-musicians. By that I mean a musician looks to music for influence and inspiration in musicality as well as recreation. With that being said and thanks to my older brother (RIP Bill) my musical awakening began in the late 60's as did my guitar playing when I was 9 years old, my brother went to Vietnam and the old semi-hollow body Marco Polo guitar and Fender amp in his room suddenly became available for me to "play", hehehe. Oh, and so were his "Vinyl" albums. Haha, remember those?

It's really hard for me to pin the "my favorite" title to any single genre, artist or band so I'll list some of the ones who had the most impact on me as far as inspiration and recreation by decade, but the order they are in does not represent favor-ability;

Late 60's-70's
The Rolling Stones UFO Scorpions Alice Cooper
Led Zeppelin The Eagles Journey ZZ Top
Pink Floyd Frampton REO Speedwagon Montrose
Iron Butterfly Joe Walsh Frank Marino And Mahogany Rush Jimi Hendrix
Mott The Hoople Ted Nugent Van Halen
Small Faces Thin Lizzy Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Jeff Beck Gary Moore Judas Priest
Black Sabbath Rush Heart
Deep Purple Frank Zappa Robin Trower...

80's
Ozzy Anthrax Stevie Ray Vaughan Extreme
Quiet Riot Triumph Guns & roses Bon Jovie
Ratt Dokken Yngwie Malmsteen Europe
Motley Crue Riot Joe Satrianni John Norum
Metallica Tesla The Cult MSG
Megadeath Whitesnake Dream Theater Steve Vai Sammy Hagar...

In 1990, I retired from from music, sold most of my gear and got into construction management. I didn't care much for Grunge except I did and do like Alice in Chains. I didn't play much or really even listen to music much until 1999 when I came home from work and my oldest son and his friend were in the garage playing an electric guitar his friend had brought over and I went in there and "hijacked" the guitar from them. Well, that's all she wrote, it re-ignited my passion for playing and I promptly went out and bought new gear. Nowadays I play in my man cave which is a hybrid music studio and fishing workshop. I like a lot of the rock and metal kids listen to these days, but damn man, it's all so broken down and categorized into different genres that I don't know what to label it. I just hear it, and if it inspires me, I'll play it. If it's Blues, Rock, Metal, soul, or Jazz, chances are I'll like it and play it. Indeed, I nearly forgot that Black Label Society and Velvet Revolver were founded in the 90's, both awesome bands.

Guitarists who inspired me the most;
Michael Schenker. This is the guy who inspired me to become a serious player.
Uli Jon roth
Gary Moore
Jimi Hendrix
Mattias Jabs
John Norum
Eddie Van Halen
SRV
Randy Rhoads
Yngwie Malmsteen
Zakk Wylde-honorable mention and where Hawg"ZWylde" came from...

Lady Quagga
02-15-2013, 07:09 PM
Lol, kinda of a loaded question for an old rock and metal guitarist. Musicians tend to look at music a little differently than non-musicians. By that I mean a musician looks to music for influence and inspiration in musicality as well as recreation. With that being said and thanks to my older brother (RIP Bill) my musical awakening began in the late 60's as did my guitar playing when I was 9 years old, my brother went to Vietnam and the old semi-hollow body Marco Polo guitar and Fender amp in his room suddenly became available for me to "play", hehehe. Oh, and so were his "Vinyl" albums. Haha, remember those?

It's really hard for me to pin the "my favorite" title to any single genre, artist or band so I'll list some of the ones who had the most impact on me as far as inspiration and recreation by decade, but the order they are in does not represent favor-ability;

Late 60's-70's
The Rolling Stones UFO Scorpions Alice Cooper
Led Zeppelin The Eagles Journey ZZ Top
Pink Floyd Frampton REO Speedwagon Montrose
Iron Butterfly Joe Walsh Frank Marino And Mahogany Rush Jimi Hendrix
Mott The Hoople Ted Nugent Van Halen
Small Faces Thin Lizzy Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Jeff Beck Gary Moore Judas Priest
Black Sabbath Rush Heart
Deep Purple Frank Zappa Robin Trower...

80's
Ozzy Anthrax Stevie Ray Vaughan Extreme
Quiet Riot Triumph Guns & roses Bon Jovie
Ratt Dokken Yngwie Malmsteen Europe
Motley Crue Riot Joe Satrianni John Norum
Metallica Tesla The Cult MSG
Megadeath Whitesnake Steve Vai Sammy Hagar...

In 1990, I retired from from music, sold most of my gear and got into construction management. I didn't care much for Grunge except I did and do like Alice in Chains. I didn't play much or really even listen to music much until 1999 when I came home from work and my oldest son and his friend were in the garage playing an electric guitar his friend had brought over and I went in there and "hijacked" the guitar from them. Well, that's all she wrote, it re-ignited my passion for playing and I promptly went out and bought new gear. Nowadays I play in my man cave which is a hybrid music studio and fishing workshop. I like a lot of the rock and metal kids listen to these days, but damn man, it's all so broken down and categorized into different genres that I don't know what to label it. I just hear it, and if it inspires me, I'll play it. If it's Blues, Rock, Metal, soul, or Jazz, chances are I'll like it and play it. Indeed, I nearly forgot that Black Label Society and Velvet Revolver were founded in the 90's, both awesome bands.

Guitarists who inspired me the most;
Michael Schenker. This is the guy who inspired me to become a serious player.
Uli Jon roth
Gary Moore
Jimi Hendrix
Mattias Jabs
John Norum
Eddie Van Halen
SRV
Randy Rhoads
Yngwie Malmsteen
Zakk Wylde-honorable mention and where Hawg"ZWylde" came from...

Goddamn you for reminding me to appreciate session/studio musicians. Every other issue on this forum aside.

People on this forum will never appreciate the amount of work nameless musicians/composers pour into the industry in order to make the face on the front page shine. For reasons I won't go into here, I am constantly reminded of Catch A Fire, the seminal album which established Marley and owes it longevity to London artists and producers as much as it does the core band.

It still remains a sobering reminder of how much the unappreciated members of your industry work MIRACLES to ensure useless turds in the limelight get to keep their fame (and fortunes).

EfrenM
02-15-2013, 07:18 PM
slipknot,sepultura,rammstein,haggard,rage against the machine, TOOL and mushroon head :Cool:

HawgZWylde
02-15-2013, 11:43 PM
Goddamn you for reminding me to appreciate session/studio musicians. Every other issue on this forum aside.

People on this forum will never appreciate the amount of work nameless musicians/composers pour into the industry in order to make the face on the front page shine. For reasons I won't go into here, I am constantly reminded of Catch A Fire, the seminal album which established Marley and owes it longevity to London artists and producers as much as it does the core band.

It still remains a sobering reminder of how much the unappreciated members of your industry work MIRACLES to ensure useless turds in the limelight get to keep their fame (and fortunes).

Indeed LQ, you are absolutely correct. Many of those unnamed session/studio artists are some of the best in the world and deserve far more credit than a lot that actually "made it". Some chose to remain so as fame wasn't their gig, creating/composing music w/o the fanfare was. I was a working musician doing clubs and show gigs at night, then building custom homes by day. I never did studio/session work as a profession, but by chance of being in the right place at the right time, did just the kind of what I call "ghost guitar" work you speak of for a couple of 80's Metal bands left unnamed due to contractual agreements whose guitarists could not fulfill their recording obligation (due to inebriation) at the time their studio sessions were taking place. Lol, my work even made the cut and I'm still in disbelief when I hear it played because no one except those closest to me, and the band, know it's me they are listening to. Ah well, it's cool, that's the way it was, and probably still is. Lol, at least I do still receive a very small royalty payment for my recorded parts from time to time...

Stalker Of Fish
02-16-2013, 01:25 PM

More broad sweeping generalizations , then self aggrandizing proclamations , followed by gross exaggerations

THE TRIFECTAS OF BULL-SH*T

1) "People on this forum will never appreciate the amount of work " THE BROAD SWEEPING GENERALIZATION

2) Of course only Lady Quagga can ! THE SELF AGGRANDIZING

3) and owes it longevity to London artists and producers as much as it does the core band.

ABOVE IS THE GROSS EXAGGERATION !!!

The REEL truth (pardon my pun) ha ha

Catch a Fire was recorded in 3 different studios in Kingston, Jamaica

Bob Marley then carried the Master Tapes to England where a (SINGLE PRODUCER) Chris Blackwell reworked the tracks.

Muscle Shoals Session Musician Wayne Perkins (THE SINGLE LONDON ARTIST) Who Overdubbed Two Guitar Tracks
Many other studio Musicians were involved IN JAMAICA NOT LONDON !

AND AS A SPECIAL BONUS LADY QUAGGA THREW IN A BIT OF GOOD OLD FASHIONED ***-KISSING By twisting the reality
to cater to Mr. HAGZWYLDE'S early profession (Who I have much respect for) Being a Musician myself I know first hand
that only a very small number of Musicians are able to earn a decent living making music! Not Me!

HERE IS THE TWISTED REALITY THAT QUAGGA FABRICATES TO CATER TO HAGZWYLDE (No offense meant SIR!)

JUST WHO ARE THE USELESS TURDS IN THE LIMELIGHT ? BOB MARLEY? MAYBE THE WAILERS?

WHAT "MIRACLES" DID BOB MARLEY AND THE WAILERS REQUIRE? aside from a never empty bowl of GANJA !

AND WHAT DID BOB MARLEY AND THE WAILERS DO WHEN STANDING BEFORE THOUSANDS AND THE LIMELIGHT WAS SWITCHED ON? Cue the tape and lip sync? Maybe have some stand ins play for them ?

Caught SPEWING YOUR B.S. TWICE IN ONE DAY? OH-MY! IT MUST SUCK TO BE YOU!

Lady Quagga
02-16-2013, 07:29 PM
More broad sweeping generalizations , then self aggrandizing proclamations , followed by gross exaggerations

1) "People on this forum will never appreciate the amount of work " THE BROAD SWEEPING GENERALIZATION

3) and owes it longevity to London artists and producers as much as it does the core band.

Bob Marley then carried the Master Tapes to England where a (SINGLE PRODUCER) Chris Blackwell reworked the tracks.

Muscle Shoals Session Musician Wayne Perkins (THE SINGLE LONDON ARTIST) Who Overdubbed Two Guitar Tracks

AND AS A SPECIAL BONUS LADY QUAGGA THREW IN A BIT OF GOOD OLD FASHIONED ***-KISSING By twisting the reality
to cater to Mr. HAGZWYLDE'S early profession (Who I have much respect for) Being a Musician myself I know first hand
that only a very small number of Musicians are able to earn a decent living making music! Not Me!

HERE IS THE TWISTED REALITY THAT QUAGGA FABRICATES TO CATER TO HAGZWYLDE (No offense meant SIR!)

JUST WHO ARE THE USELESS TURDS IN THE LIMELIGHT ? BOB MARLEY? MAYBE THE WAILERS?

WHAT "MIRACLES" DID BOB MARLEY AND THE WAILERS REQUIRE? aside from a never empty bowl of GANJA !

AND WHAT DID BOB MARLEY AND THE WAILERS DO WHEN STANDING BEFORE THOUSANDS AND THE LIMELIGHT WAS SWITCHED ON? Cue the tape and lip sync? Maybe have some stand ins play for them ?

Do you realize how much of a fool you look like right now? Nothing you have said is new or contradictory to my point. However, it is looking more and more like you need to up your dosage.

fishermanx14
02-16-2013, 08:58 PM
i said i was going to start some arguments lol

Stalker Of Fish
02-16-2013, 10:50 PM
If only your reading comprehension skills were little stronger you would know that just about everything I wrote contradicted or corrected Most of what you made up.

You did not even have the courtesy to mention the Wailers who played a much more important role in the creation of Catch a Fire more important than the single studio guitarist who overdubbed Guitar parts on two songs. The guy did not even know what Reggae was when he was called in to do his part.
So how significant could his contribution really be ? He played well, It was a great effort . But his work did not perform your stated miracle or did it ensure anything and there were no useless turds in the band who needed someone help them keep there fame or fortune . Each and every single Wailer member had phenomenal musical abilities . Do you really think Bob Marley would settle for mediocre or worst yet "turds" as you put it to back up his voice or represent his
musical creations ? This why what you made up is not only illogical but so far removed from reality I have to wonder if you are a compulsive liar.

Stalker Of Fish
02-17-2013, 07:46 AM

Is it me? or is the guy looking at that horse a lil' funny ?

TroutOnly
02-17-2013, 08:42 AM
Tool static-x soulfly rob zombie cheville mudvein slayer pantera primus deftones system of the down godsmack hed pe ministry lamb of god primer 55,,,,,,,,,,,i could go on all day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

DockRat
02-17-2013, 11:16 AM
Anyone know the name of this band ?
Southern Blues Guitar Pickin..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JdBKPz4Uy4

Stalker Of Fish
02-17-2013, 07:15 PM
How about Dinosaur/Dinosaur Junior and Blues Traveler

TroutOnly
02-17-2013, 07:23 PM
Iron cross, axxis ,the maggots, the stooges, soundgarden,audioslave,the screaming trees,the little darlings, devo-devo-devo,,,,,,,,it goes on forever,,,,,,,,,,,,,,are we not men,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

DockRat
02-17-2013, 08:33 PM
How about Dinosaur/Dinosaur Junior and Blues Traveler
Too much distraction on the video.
That was a trolling question, lol.

Lady Quagga
02-18-2013, 11:52 PM
If only your reading comprehension skills were little stronger you would know that just about everything I wrote contradicted or corrected Most of what you made up.

No, jackhole. It's you who need the remedial English courses, else you would have been able to comprehend that this:

....was related to, but not directly referring to this:

I've enjoyed reading about and watching the documentary the creating of Catch A Fire. The London artists contributed significantly to the production of the album. You can be a contrary little turd to your heart's desire, it doesn't change that fact.

Skyler
02-19-2013, 10:23 AM

How can a guy know so many big words yet fail to use a period properly EVERY TIME?

DarkShadow
02-19-2013, 01:15 PM
How can a guy know so many big words yet fail to use a period properly EVERY TIME?

This dude sounds like Oswald Bates in "Prison Talk."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5Slxr_JwEA