PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood lake report

karlow
02-09-2013, 07:17 PM
It was cold as hell there today.
The lake was covered with snow.
The lake didn't open to 10AM because of the snow.
There were about four boats out there. The wind came up about 1pm
it was about 15 Knts and 35F! We ended up with seven Stripers to just under 6Lbs.

DEVOREFLYER
02-09-2013, 07:31 PM
Kudo's to you for toughing it out, I just stayed in the house and turned up the thermostat. Three inches of snow on my boat cover this morning was all I needed to say I'll fish another day. :UDaMan:

TroutOnly
02-09-2013, 07:32 PM
Quit whinning karlow and throw that squidrig in the trash,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,joe says he whipped you again and again,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

shinbob
02-09-2013, 07:32 PM
Yikes! Good job! What's the water temperature up there?

seal
02-09-2013, 07:56 PM
Yikes! Good job! What's the water temperature up there?

High 40's low 50's depending on where you measure it.

cutbait
02-09-2013, 08:15 PM
Water temps in the 40s?

Im surprised

seal
02-10-2013, 08:52 AM
Water temps in the 40s?

Im surprised

Been hovering around 51 at the launch ramp but other spots colder, not a surface temp either. But it's been a couple weeks so who knows maybe 52 now:LOL:.

karlow
02-10-2013, 09:54 PM
Well Mr Bob
I didn't get bit on the squid on Sat.
Joe picked up the first three fish.
I landed the next five.
The largest fish of the day was mine on the old school.
I had a double (dinks) on the 3.5".
The last one was about 3 lbs, so tacos it is.
Joe does not always out fish me Bob.
Every dog has its day! can you here me bark!
That's not whining you are hearing you old fart!

See ya on the water you wanker

shinbob
02-11-2013, 07:41 AM
I'm surprised that the water in Silverwood is colder than at Pyramid. I thought Silverwood, being higher in elevation, would be colder.

TroutOnly
02-11-2013, 08:10 AM
QUIT LIEING KARL I BET LITTLE JOE SPANKS YOURE *** EVERY TIME,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

seal
02-11-2013, 08:23 AM
I'm surprised that the water in Silverwood is colder than at Pyramid. I thought Silverwood, being higher in elevation, would be colder.

Say what? You have just confused the crap out of me. Did you mean Pyramid is colder than Silverwood? I would say it depends on where/when the water temp is taken and at what depth.

MikesOcean
02-11-2013, 08:32 AM
Been hovering around 51 at the launch ramp but other spots colder, not a surface temp either. But it's been a couple weeks so who knows maybe 52 now:LOL:.

I went out yesterday. Absolutely beautiful!

Confirmed water temps around 46 degrees. Trolled all day and only 4 lmb. Wrong kind! Couldn't find the shallow jail birds.

It was a little cold, but by all means I was not dressed for summer so it was not uncomfortable!

Pretty funny seeing two coyotes humping on the side of the road on the way up.
I wish I could have taken a pic. A once in a lifetime sight.

Btw... Good job getting on fish.

MikesOcean
02-11-2013, 08:43 AM
Here's a beautiful postcard pic I took!

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b516/mikesocean/4EA40A1E-6838-4732-9671-D3203A1FAE00-4821-0000032DD2D0FB18_zpsa2b44045.jpg

seal
02-11-2013, 09:14 AM
I went out yesterday. Absolutely beautiful!

Confirmed water temps around 46 degrees. Trolled all day and only 4 lmb. Wrong kind! Couldn't find the shallow jail birds.

It was a little cold, but by all means I was not dressed for summer so it was not uncomfortable!

Pretty funny seeing two coyotes humping on the side of the road on the way up.
I wish I could have taken a pic. A once in a lifetime sight.

Btw... Good job getting on fish.

Well it has been a couple weeks since I took it and we had that cold front chill everything down so not too surprised at 46. Where did you take the temp.?

I am not surprised at the coyote lov'n you saw, them suckers are everywhere along with Bob's at the Wood and they are all really acclimated it seems to people being around them.

AZ.Kid
02-11-2013, 12:49 PM
I was out on Sunday as well, it was nice up till about 2pm when I left it was getting a bit colder with the clouds and wind. I went looking for trout, but no luck. so I went looking for stripy, no fish where I usually get some on bait & wait, so I went after them T/O style. (well not exactly T/O style but as close as I can get to T/O,s Stripy killing style) and was able to knock the skunk off with this little guy. they are looking skinny.

Mikesocean,
did you get a different boat? that one didn't look like the one I seen you in when I was out with Bob a few months ago.

Seal,
are you the guy in the camo painted kayak?

how the hell do you get rid of the extra thumbnail?

karlow
02-11-2013, 12:50 PM
Hey Bob Joe has been outfishing me all year, but not last Sat!
My largest fish this year is just under 7Lbs, Joe caught three fish larger that that in one day last week!
He is good, but I beat him on Sat! Sweet VICTORY!
He also spends at least 2 to 3 times as many hours on the water as I do.
Someone has to work for a living around here.

See Ya on the water Bob!

seal
02-11-2013, 01:12 PM
Seal,
are you the guy in the camo painted kayak?

how the hell do you get rid of the extra thumbnail?

Nope I have an olive Ascend SOT.

MikesOcean
02-11-2013, 01:40 PM
Well it has been a couple weeks since I took it and we had that cold front chill everything down so not too surprised at 46. Where did you take the temp.?

At the launch ramp

I was out on Sunday as well, it was nice up till about 2pm when I left it was getting a bit colder with the clouds and wind. I went looking for trout, but no luck. so I went looking for stripy, no fish where I usually get some on bait & wait, so I went after them T/O style. (well not exactly T/O style but as close as I can get to T/O,s Stripy killing style) and was able to knock the skunk off with this little guy. they are looking skinny.

Mikesocean,
did you get a different boat? that one didn't look like the one I seen you in when I was out with Bob a few months ago.

Same boat, I just did a makeover. Were you the one in the Tracker?