PDA

View Full Version : Skunked 2/8/13

FishingwithDave
02-08-2013, 06:10 PM
Not sure what I was thinking, maybe it's just Duct fever, but I drove out to fish the area off Emdunston Pumping Plant Rd this afternoon. Man, that wasn't such a good idea. Rain and hail, but the wind is what sucked the most. Fished the area around the gate for nada. When I drove out, saw that CHP had shut down the Grapevine. Glad I was heading north.

swimbait24/7
02-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Went to the duct today. freezing cold. no bites. i've fished duct about 10 times with no bites. still looking for a spot the produces.

Fishbones
02-08-2013, 07:30 PM
That's exactly what it is and i have it too, was actually going to make a trip out to that plant in the next week, any advice for that trip?
sucks bout the wind, nothing worse to fish in than wind...

FishingwithDave
02-10-2013, 02:35 PM
That's exactly what it is and i have it too, was actually going to make a trip out to that plant in the next week, any advice for that trip?
sucks bout the wind, nothing worse to fish in than wind...

Fishbones, I've only fished that area a few times, but where I've caught a couple of fish is on the north side of the gates. The only other place I've fished in that area is a siphon further east of the gates and that was once. It's a great scenic place to fish, and there's a couple of Bald Eagles hanging around there someplace as well.

Good luck and let us know how you do!