PDA

View Full Version : LAPD - Bang Up Job!

DarkShadow
02-08-2013, 11:05 AM
http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/4303/20130207112720aatruckbi.jpg

Los Angeles police officers were administering "street justice" when they mistakenly opened fire on two newspaper carriers on a Torrance street as they protected a captain's house from suspected gunman Christopher Dorner, an attorney said Friday.

Glen T. Jonas, who represents Emma Hernandez, 71, and her daughter, Margie Carranza, 47, said the officers faced a unique situation Thursday morning, but made no effort to identify who they were shooting. Like Dorner, the women were in a pickup truck, but it was a different make and a different shade of blue, he said. "I don't want to beat the war drum here, but it's clear that they didn't make any attempt to match the description and they used deadly force without giving anyone in that car an opportunity to surrender," Jonas said. "You have two basic violations of protocol and the result is that because of that, they are endangering citizens."

Are you effin serious?

Wingnut
02-08-2013, 11:25 AM
Understandable... but inexcusable. :Neutral:

trail blazer
02-08-2013, 11:36 AM
O NOOOOOOOOOO

Now BAMA,s going to take all the cops guns away

flyhigh123
02-08-2013, 11:59 AM
LAPD is really screwing up, Shoot first ask questions later.

There is another shooting yesterday too similar to the one above.

Lady Quagga
02-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Difficult to understand how the officers involved failed to properly identify the truck's occupants, or decided that this encounter warranted the use of deadly force. Officers are trained for exactly these kinds of high-stress situations, to the point that their instinct should NOT be to shoot up the first thing that moves, but to assess the situation quickly and act appropriately.

Of course, it's perfectly understandable how the cops could confuse a 71-year-old Hispanic female for a 6-foot 270-pound African American male.

DarkShadow
02-08-2013, 01:11 PM
Understandable...

Can you elaborate on that?

I still can't grasp on why one would think that shooting before identifying your target would be understandable.

DEVOREFLYER
02-08-2013, 01:22 PM

It's really simple the LAPD is the target of the bad guy. This has caused LAPD officers rectum to become so tight you can't drive a soda straw up it with a sledge hammer, this causes the trigger finger to go into spasims'. And by the looks of the shot placement they need a little more range time or layoff the caffinated coffee and glazed donuts.

fishinone
02-08-2013, 01:34 PM
This guy was coming across as really crazy.

Apparently LAPD is sympathetic and trying to help him make his point.

I counted the bullet holes in the back of that truck. I think there are 50.

Wingnut
02-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Can you elaborate on that?

I still can't grasp on why one would think that shooting before identifying your target would be understandable.

I "Understand" WHY it happened... clear enough? :Wink:

DarkShadow
02-08-2013, 02:23 PM
I "Understand" WHY it happened... clear enough? :Wink:

Well, apparently, the suspect drove a gray Nissan Titan, a full sized truck, which most fisherman can easily identify.

Apparently, a blue Toyota Tacoma, which is usually referred to as a compact truck, was mistaken for the suspect's vehicle.

And since it was rolling down a neighborhood where a LAPD captain lived, without the lights off, that automatically means that the officers can open fire without even identifying anybody inside?

Is that why it happened, in your opinion?

Wingnut
02-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Well, apparently, the suspect drove a gray Nissan Titan, a full sized truck, which most fisherman can easily identify.

Apparently, a blue Toyota Tacoma, which is usually referred to as a compact truck, was mistaken for the suspect's vehicle.

And since it was rolling down a neighborhood where a LAPD captain lived, without the lights off, that automatically means that the officers can open fire without even identifying anybody inside?

Is that why it happened, in your opinion?

You can elaborate what happened any way you want...
To me, it's simply a case of frayed nerves and itchy fingers... again, inexcusable.

City Dad
02-08-2013, 02:50 PM
Those dings will buff out.

Lady Quagga
02-08-2013, 03:56 PM
Those dings will buff out.

But you won't ever get a good match for that fabulous factory teal....or is it more of a metallic azure blue?

Edit: On a related note, I haven't been this interested in a rogue cop since Officer Frank Tenpenny....

http://media.ignimgs.com/media/ign/imgs/top100gamevillains/087_officerten.jpg

DarkShadow
02-08-2013, 04:19 PM
But you won't ever get a good match for that fabulous factory teal....or is it more of a metallic azure blue?

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/6007/morons.jpg

Lightline
02-08-2013, 05:21 PM
I no speak no ingalis BUTT I READ vely god.

blue Nissan Titan. Says TOYOTA TACOMA in back of tailgate in big capital letters.

lets sheeee....me vely god aim but I only hit back and hand of two people with at least 25 round from 9mm and 45 cal.

I can alllso C differnce in mail and femail. Femail have ti ts (_._Y_._) mail have no (_._Y_._) t its. Male have short hare femail have long hare.

U safe with me I protect u from bag giy.

U no wolly me have gun me protect u like leaky condomints.

i protect U I Ben higher by county to protect house but I no C U new trow news paper on paper route.

me love U long time.

I see a big law suit happening and big money coming from the city.

The only good that can come from this i hope those two people are alive and have good medical attention that the city's money can buy.

Natural Lefty
02-08-2013, 07:08 PM
This case is a good example of what fear can do to people, but police are supposed to be much better trained than to shoot at people with absolutely no idea of who they are shooting at.

smokehound
02-08-2013, 07:36 PM
Trigger-happy morons. They were just ITCHING to have the honor of killing Dorner.

Stupid pigs...

Lightline
02-08-2013, 07:44 PM
I'm still a little confused.

being that he was a prior officer and they would have finger printed him and have his prior address and drivers licenses number.

Could they not have obtained a DMV record of the make model and color of his vehicle? Or at least checked?

Because the picture of the truck that has been shown on TV shows a dark color truck. Color is unidentifiable.

But I would imagine DMV records would have indicated at least the color of the vehicle.

i would imagine someone with in the police department would have figured to pull the DMV records to it. After all do they not write tons of tickets?

City Dad
02-08-2013, 08:44 PM
Thanks for wasting my Friday night, DS!
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb225/timmeinhart/001-2_zps585ee1a9.jpg
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb225/timmeinhart/002-3_zps0052fd70.jpg

cutbait
02-08-2013, 08:52 PM
Trigger-happy morons. They were just ITCHING to have the honor of killing Dorner.

Stupid pigs...

Agreed with everything bit the pigs comment.

Marley
02-08-2013, 08:58 PM

Hey Arthur, I hear ya. I mean, those girls were delivering the LA TIMES for crying out loud. Should have been shot for that act long ago.

In all seriousness it is rather understandable. Everyone in a uniform is a target, especially if it's an LAPD uniform. Those cops were very likely more scared than they have ever been. But in no way does that justify firing on an unidentified target in a residential neighborhood. They should lose their badges.

qaze0
02-08-2013, 11:04 PM
Shooting at will without cause seems to me they are no different then the local gang bangers..., sucks trust no man.

seal
02-09-2013, 08:59 AM
Shooting at will without cause seems to me they are no different then the local gang bangers..., sucks trust no man.

Yes I see the correlation between gang members and police officers.

Think your analogy sucks! Way to jump off the cliff.

They were wrong and it will be addressed, they will probably loose their jobs or at least be suspended. There will be a lawsuit, the woman will no longer need to drive in the early morning delivering that stupid newspaper. Could have turned out much worse. The police face insane situations everyday (note the amount of car chases on TV recently) where everything turns out well for both them and the idiots they are dealing with.

All this makes me think though that they are well aware of Doner's capabilities and are beyond freaked out by it. I'm hoping that the dude decided to just end it up on the mountains of Big Bear and is covered/frozen in snow right now up on a peak somewhere with a bullet hole in his skull, one can only hope.

DockRat
02-09-2013, 06:20 PM
I'm hoping that the dude decided to just end it up on the mountains of Big Bear and is covered/frozen

Yah, hope he ends up like Jack.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n293/jonnylotto/shining_gelato.jpg

seal
02-09-2013, 07:59 PM
Yah, hope he ends up like Jack.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n293/jonnylotto/shining_gelato.jpg

Excellent!

bassoholic
02-09-2013, 10:01 PM
I'm not sure why I'm responding to this but here goes...................You have to take into account the totality of the circumstances; Assigned to protect a high ranking member of the department, within 2 hours 4 officers had been shot at, 1 being killed (a good friend of mine), a silohuette of a truck matching the description of the suspect's vehicle approaching the target house with it's lights off, it's still dark outside and you can't confirm the vehicle's color, adrenaline pumping, intimidation factor due to the background of the suspect, an arm extended out of the window (holding a paper of course not a rifle), make a decision before you are killed. When you don't due the job on a daily basis it is very easy to second guess a decision like this. I have my doubts as well. Would I have done the same thing in that situation, who knows. I'd like to say I wouldn't have but I wasn't there and I don't know what information those officers had at that moment in time. Crappy situation to be in. Personally, I need to be 100% sure before I pull the trigger. Maybe that moment or two I need for the 100% clarification will cost me my life. Will they be charged criminally? Uh No! Will LAPD write a check? ABSOLUTELY!

qaze0
02-09-2013, 10:41 PM
[QUOTE=seal;654699]Yes I see the correlation between gang members and police officers.

Think your analogy sucks! Way to jump off the cliff.

Take it easy Seal, no sense in jumping off a cliff, it just appears that the cops shot Bonnie and Clyde or just someones mom doing their jobs. I just saw Chief Beck duck and dodge as Pat Harvey asked about the shooting of innocent bystanders.

P.S. the correlation between the cops and the bangers in this case is that both groups shoot innocent victims without reason.

Lightline
02-09-2013, 11:02 PM
I'm going broke can I borrow someone's blue truck?

i promise you'll get a new car.

tailchaser001
02-10-2013, 06:15 PM
I'm more afraid of the cops then I am Broner. LAPD's friggin trigger sensitive. SHOOT to KILL and ask questions after. This is proof. They sure as hell don't want him alive to tell more of his story and bring out the real truth about the LAPD.

fishinarteest
02-10-2013, 11:53 PM
I'm more afraid of the cops then I am Broner. LAPD's friggin trigger sensitive. SHOOT to KILL and ask questions after. This is proof. They sure as hell don't want him alive to tell more of his story and bring out the real truth about the LAPD.

haha yea i actually agree with this post. Don't get me wrong im no cop hater, the police are there for the publics safety and they have a challenging job. but i have lots of family that are in law enforcement, from probation officers, to sherriffs, and the shady stuff that they've witnessed along with things that there coworkers have even tried to get some of them involved in, leaves me too not fully trust our lapd. Personally i do believe there is more to Dorner's story. Frankly i don't think killing people is the way to deal with it, and the guy is clearly nuts! but there is definitely more to his story.

DarkShadow
02-11-2013, 08:52 AM
UPDATE!

LAPD Chief Charlie Beck has released a statement:

"If you turn yourself in, then you will be safe and nobody else has to die. If you don't, if you decide to try to take the life of another Los Angeles police officer or their family member, then you'll have to suffer the consequences."

The City of LA is also offering a ONE MILLION DOLLAR reward for information leading to the capture, dead or alive, (read : dead) of Christopher Dorner.

A few thoughts.

1. Was this statement made by the chief of police from a major metropolitan city? Because its sounds like something Dr. Evil would come up with.

2. One MILLION dollars?! When it's civilians murdering civilians, it's the ole, "Eh, we'll try to find the killer." Civilian murdering cops? "Oh, no! Let's put up a million dollar reward and scour the ends of the earth for him even going as far as endangering the same civilians we're sworn to protect!"

(And I cannot wait for the bounty hunters to start shooting at random trucks and black men, in order to collect the reward money.)

3. "If you turn yourself in, then you will be safe and nobody else has to die." Who doesn't have to die? Dorner? Or innocent civilians like 2 women delivering newspapers? I'm confused.

DEVOREFLYER
02-11-2013, 09:11 AM
I hear ya and I wonder where this is going to end. Yesterday in San Bernardino two women were having a cat fight and one of them called the Tip Line and said Dorner was in apt #***. Police and Swat units from several cities were sent and the apt complex and neighborhood was on a lockdown. Seems one of the ladies just wanted a little revenge on the other. Then Dorner was reported seen in a Lowes in the valley. They locked down the Lowes with the employees and customers locked inside. WTF, you lock up people inside a building? After more than an hour of being locked up the employees and customers were let out in single file with LEO guns drawn on them. People were told they could leave the parking lot but not in their cars. After a search of the store each person’s car was searched before they could leave. If three innocent civilians are shot at for being in the wrong place at the wrong time by LEO what is going to happen to any innocent Black man that looks like Dorner with this reward?

TaperSteve
02-11-2013, 09:16 AM
Saw on the news this morning that the LAPD is buying the ladies a new truck.

TS

DarkShadow
02-11-2013, 10:04 AM
Saw on the news this morning that the LAPD is buying the ladies a new truck.

TS

Aww, what sweethearts. Did they throw in a free shirt too?

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/6444/lapdshirt.jpg

I hope the comadres read the fine print where it says, "By signing this document and taking delivery of this new truck, you promise not to sue the LAPD."

fishinarteest
02-11-2013, 10:46 AM
what is going to happen to any innocent Black man that looks like Dorner with this reward?

smh, my grandfather and my uncle are afraid to leave there houses. They both drive trucks, niether of them are blue, but my uncle and grandfather are both black lol.

Prowler_Tuber
02-11-2013, 11:19 AM

Heres some truth for you he MURDERED a young couple and a police officer. Don't you think he would have made a video or contacted the news to tell his side before something happends? Seriously in the manifesto the criminal says he's gonna miss Hangover 3 you gotta be kidding me right. I read everyone elses post, thats cool if you call us Pigs no problem, you have your freedom of speech. Thats why we are here to protect and defend all people reguardless of who they are. Hopefully you'll never have to call 911 but if you do we will be there.

DarkShadow
02-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Heres some truth for you he MURDERED a young couple and a police officer.

Officer Prowler_Tuber,

While I totally agree with the fact that he murdered a young couple and he deserves to be tried for murder (and not shot on sight by LAPD), something tells me that if the LAPD would have been better shots and killed both occupants of the truck, (which was the original topic of this thread) in my eyes, both Dorner, and the LAPD officers should be tried equally. The end doesn't justify the means.

Essentially, the only difference I see between Dorner and the 2 LAPD officers that opened fire against those two innocent civilians, is that apparently he was a better shot. I don't need people posting red herring arguments to divert the thread.

Now, Dios forbid the two occupants of the truck would've been fatally injured, I seriously doubt you'd be coming on here, calling both those officers "murderers," and would have a list of justifications for their actions. Am i making a false assumption?

The reason I posted this was to shed light on the officers that pulled the trigger without identifying the individuals in the truck, not to start a discussion about Dorner.

I don't condone anything that he did. But, unlike a lot of people with badges that I have spoken to, I also do not condone what these two officers did.

So, to get this topic back in line, what is your opinion on the incident that occurred in Torrance?

Fysher
02-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Shoot first, ask questions later, if we made a mistake (take out the evidence) make story to get our a$$es out of trouble.

Prowler_Tuber
02-11-2013, 01:18 PM
They messed up big time; this is not an excuse or anything. I would doubt they just started shooting before they made some kind of challenge towards the occupants but I wasn’t there. I appreciate your posts, the response it generates is good not everyone will agree and some seem to outright hate you but I wouldn’t care as I am sure you don’t either. I love seeing how people will just shout out general statements without having a clue about what’s really going on. It does affirm my belief that public schools have failed most people but again the response is priceless. Thanks

DarkShadow
02-11-2013, 01:49 PM
They messed up big time; this is not an excuse or anything. I would doubt they just started shooting before they made some kind of challenge towards the occupants but I wasn’t there.

Since the SEVEN individuals responsible are not saying anything, probably following solid advice from their lawyers, we obviously don't know their side of the story.

Now, if you are believe the occupants of the vehicle, they said the police officers gave "no commands, no instructions and no opportunity to surrender" before opening fire.

In your opinion, if that assertion is correct, should these 7 officers be tried for attempted murder?

Prowler_Tuber
02-11-2013, 02:04 PM
They could charge them if all the elements are met but more likely they would get Assault with a Deadly Weapon. That’s a far stretch because once the lawyers get a hold of it they will most likely be given a deal because in trial they will probably walk due to mixed feelings of the public. So the DA will push a deal so they don’t walk. That’s only if they get charged though, there are certain laws and measures in place through case law and actual law that protects Federal, State and Law Enforcement personnel in shootings so will see its going to be interesting.

DarkShadow
02-11-2013, 02:50 PM
Afraid of getting shot by LAPD because you're black, or you drive a truck?

With the simple help of a blank t-shirt and a Sharpie, or a piece of cardboard and a Sharpie, you can walk around and drive around the streets of LA, feeling safe that you won't become the next victim of overzealous police officers.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/619/xlarger.jpg

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/4610/notdorner.jpg

:Cool:

tailchaser001
02-11-2013, 02:55 PM
Heres some truth for you he MURDERED a young couple and a police officer. Don't you think he would have made a video or contacted the news to tell his side before something happends? Seriously in the manifesto the criminal says he's gonna miss Hangover 3 you gotta be kidding me right. I read everyone elses post, thats cool if you call us Pigs no problem, you have your freedom of speech. Thats why we are here to protect and defend all people reguardless of who they are. Hopefully you'll never have to call 911 but if you do we will be there.

And here's some truth for you. I never stated that what he did was acceptable and I never called anyone a pig. Get your facts straight, buddy! I totally agree that he shouldn't have killed anyone. Period. But the fact that he has committed murder and statements made on his manifesto definitely has LAPD and law enforcement on edge. Shootings that happened with the two ladies and shooting that occured with the Torrance PD. It seems to me and alot of other people that both shootings were over reactive and unjustified. Problem is that law enforcement are trained and held to a higher authority. They are paid by us tax payers to use good jugdment and trained to do so. So, now there are law suits involved and if they lose, guess who forks out the bill. The people do.

Hopefully, I will never have to call on law enforcement for any emergencies. And hopefully no one you know is gets mistaken for Droner. Two sides to that coin.

DockRat
02-11-2013, 04:01 PM
Cops are human, things happen, get over it.
If you guys think they are trigger happy, your wrong.
They are all aware of the paperwork, investigation ect the second they pull the trigger.
They have a tough job and any one of you would be thankful to see them when you need them.

And hopefully no one you know is gets mistaken for Droner.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-RTxJtbbyuY8/URh5LDq_bYI/AAAAAAAABFM/ArlkB28aPKk/s1600/dornerll.PNG
Chris Droner :Confused: LL Cool J
Great job Darkshadow

Prowler_Tuber
02-11-2013, 04:32 PM
And here's some truth for you. I never stated that what he did was acceptable and I never called anyone a pig. Get your facts straight, buddy! I totally agree that he shouldn't have killed anyone. Period. But the fact that he has committed murder and statements made on his manifesto definitely has LAPD and law enforcement on edge. Shootings that happened with the two ladies and shooting that occured with the Torrance PD. It seems to me and alot of other people that both shootings were over reactive and unjustified. Problem is that law enforcement are trained and held to a higher authority. They are paid by us tax payers to use good jugdment and trained to do so. So, now there are law suits involved and if they lose, guess who forks out the bill. The people do.

Hopefully, I will never have to call on law enforcement for any emergencies. And hopefully no one you know is gets mistaken for Droner. Two sides to that coin.

I didn’t say you did, others did and I have no problem if others did or not, I honestly don’t care. It’s easy to read the 4 lines you wrote, buddy. I really just like reading all the posts, it’s very entertaining. Lots of paranoid, scarred or ignorant people on here. Either way they are all amusing, lots of different opinions which defiantly show how diverse FNN is. Thanks for the quick reply.

Prowler_Tuber
02-11-2013, 04:33 PM
Cops are human, things happen, get over it.
If you guys think they are trigger happy, your wrong.
They are all aware of the paperwork, investigation ect the second they pull the trigger.
They have a tough job and any one of you would be thankful to see them when you need them.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-RTxJtbbyuY8/URh5LDq_bYI/AAAAAAAABFM/ArlkB28aPKk/s1600/dornerll.PNG
Chris Droner :Confused: LL Cool J
Great job Darkshadow

Well said, we sould turn LL in and split the cash.

Lightline
02-11-2013, 05:14 PM
http://youtu.be/FdizL4on-Rc

LL was the coolest.

cops is an old boys club.

Your either one of them or your considered the other.

qaze0
02-11-2013, 06:34 PM
Lots of paranoid, scarred or ignorant people on here. Either way they are all amusing, lots of different opinions which defiantly show how diverse FNN is.

Glad you fall in our category, it appears the truth speaks for itself. Police have a lot of explaining to do and not to mention the respect that the public seems to have lost for them.

The public is not ignorant...it is what is.

tailchaser001
02-11-2013, 06:41 PM
I didn’t say you did, others did and I have no problem if others did or not, I honestly don’t care. It’s easy to read the 4 lines you wrote, buddy. I really just like reading all the posts, it’s very entertaining. Lots of paranoid, scarred or ignorant people on here. Either way they are all amusing, lots of different opinions which defiantly show how diverse FNN is. Thanks for the quick reply.

Glad you find it entertaining. It's the peoples right and duty to police the police and those that govern us. History has proven that when citiziens lose sight of that than tyranny is soon to follow. Your opinion is that people here are "ignorant". Ignorant is defined as a lack of knowledge or information. I'd have to say it's the complete oppisite. I believe poeple are fully aware of the wrong doings behind law enforcement and they are far from being ignorant. Alot of what Droner said in his manifesto has re-inforced those beliefs. So, i'd say these people are not ignorant but in fact EDUCATED. In my opionion, things are covered far more than many of us will ever know. We all know there are official rules behind the badge. The brotherhood, the code of silence, police cliques, etc. This type of mentality and unofficial codes are similiar to the prison and street gangs. Street code and the politics behind it. If they are not directly involved than it seems a blind eye is turned rather than being reported.

Now, I'm not saying every cop is bad or here to beat up on law enforcement. Howerver, these things do exist. As soon as it goes unchecked than we lose control as a free society. The folks here who you claim to be scared or paranoid comes from instances like this.

fishinarteest
02-11-2013, 10:31 PM
Now, I'm not saying every cop is bad or here to beat up on law enforcement. Howerver, these things do exist. As soon as it goes unchecked than we lose control as a free society. The folks here who you claim to be scared or paranoid comes from instances like this.
If you don't mind I would like to reiterate this part, because some seem to believe we all just hate cops and are completely against them. We don't believe all cops are this way nor are we here to pick on the police dept. But as tail chaser said these things do go on within the dept and to act as if they don't happen OFTEN would be ignorant in my opinion.

Skyler
02-12-2013, 02:00 PM
Got him. Shot dead in big bear. /thread

DarkShadow
02-12-2013, 02:12 PM
Got him. Shot dead in big bear. /thread

lol

Although the thread was about LAPD shooting at random people, not Dorner himself, but yes, /thread.

http://www.doletown.com/simpsons/wiggum/wiggumgun.gif

"Move along, nothing to see here."

Skyler
02-12-2013, 03:23 PM
Update: Bad initial report. Apparently he was only wounded, after wounding two officers. He's now barricaded somewhere off hwy 38. Full stand off situation. All mountain highways in the area are roadblocked.

DarkShadow
02-12-2013, 03:34 PM
5:23 PM EST: CNN reports that San Bernardino police have asked all news helicopters to leave the area because "gunfire is being exchanged and your personnel are in danger."

5:26 PM EST: CNN reports that FAA has imposed flight restrictions over Big Bear.

Glad to see the police are concerned about innocent individuals being in danger enough to impose flight restrictions in the entire area.

Should've imposed road restrictions in Torrance, you know, to protect innocent individuals from gun fire.

Update: Bad initial report. Apparently he was only wounded, after wounding two officers. He's now barricaded somewhere off hwy 38. Full stand off situation. All mountain highways in the area are roadblocked.

Dude, does that mean we have to scrap our plans on bleaching the Santa Ana later today?

Skyler
02-12-2013, 03:46 PM
5:23 PM EST: CNN reports that San Bernardino police have asked all news helicopters to leave the area because "gunfire is being exchanged and your personnel are in danger."

5:26 PM EST: CNN reports that FAA has imposed flight restrictions over Big Bear.

Glad to see the police are concerned about innocent individuals being in danger enough to impose flight restrictions in the entire area.

Should've imposed road restrictions in Torrance, you know, to protect innocent individuals from gun fire.

Dude, does that mean we have to scrap our plans on bleaching the Santa Ana later today?

Naw, I know another way in, he he he. I have some kevlar you can borrow...LAPD has been sighted in the area.

DarkShadow
02-12-2013, 04:09 PM
I have some kevlar you can borrow...LAPD has been sighted in the area.

No worries. I went out and bought a few of these bad boys.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dont-Shoot-Im-NOT-DORNER-Bumper-sticker-/271153866863?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f2207a86f

Gonna wrap myself in them.

Lightline
02-12-2013, 04:29 PM
No worries. I went out and bought a few of these bad boys.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dont-Shoot-Im-NOT-DORNER-Bumper-sticker-/271153866863?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f2207a86f

Gonna wrap myself in them.

That guy made some quick cash on some quick thinking. Smart move.

i guess if anyone else want to commit a crime like bank robbery this would be the best time to do it since all of Cali is at big bear on target practice.

DarkShadow
02-12-2013, 04:36 PM
I'm still confused on why you'd mandate the FAA to clear out all civilian aircraft.

It's not like his target is the KCAL 9 chopper.

Some may think that this media blackout is so when they kill him under suspicious circumstances, there is no evidence or footage.

Must be some new procedure, I guess.

Lightline
02-12-2013, 04:46 PM
I think it's to prevent any info getting to dormer. And also to protect the people in the chopper.

its like the masacre in the philipines.

http://youtu.be/avAKfPZ_ozU

Who wants to bet domer is dead inside from self infliction vs he's gone.

DarkShadow
02-12-2013, 04:54 PM
I think it's to prevent any info getting to dormer.

I dunno. I'm not too sure he's running around with a flatscreen, and his Direct TV dish under his belt.

Or he's getting amazing 3G service in the woods to be able to use a smart phone.

The most he could have is a small police scanner, right?

Lightline
02-12-2013, 05:00 PM
That cabin better have insurance.

fishinarteest
02-12-2013, 05:11 PM
I'm still confused on why you'd mandate the FAA to clear out all civilian aircraft.

Some may think that this media blackout is so when they kill him under suspicious circumstances, there is no evidence or footage.

Now darkshadow, are you implying to me that the police would not only in fact kill this man, but also go about trying to make it look like an accident in an ATTEMPT! to make themselves look INNOCENT!? I would think that you would believe that our law enforcement would have more dignity than that, but i see here that I was wrong, and that you have little faith in our law enforcement. I frown greatly upon your comment!

Lightline
02-12-2013, 05:18 PM
Now darkshadow, are you implying to me that the police would not only in fact kill this man, but also go about trying to make it look like an accident in an ATTEMPT! to make themselves look INNOCENT!? I would think that you would believe that our law enforcement would have more dignity than that, but i see here that I was wrong, and that you have little faith in our law enforcement. I frown greatly upon your comment!

hmmmm...

sounds like a Waco move.

fishinarteest
02-12-2013, 05:23 PM
hmmmm...

sounds like a Waco move.

Now this man has sense!

Lightline
02-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Now this man has sense!

Ok maybe I should have phrased it differently...

should I have phrased it like this.

It appears that the fire of the cabin near big bear has similarities to the incident in Waco Texas. However due to the death of any individuals inside there will remain questions that are unanswerable. One can only speculate as to what the individuals were thinking at the time of the incident. But the fact remains that there is a fire burning the cabin to the ground as we speak.

fishinarteest
02-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Ok maybe I should have phrased it differently...

should I have phrased it like this.

It appears that the fire of the cabin has similarities to the incident in Waco Texas.

Im afraid i have no knowledge of this incident.

Surfnsnowboard3
02-12-2013, 05:32 PM
I am disgusted and sickened by some of these comments on here about our law enforcement. Two innocent officers have died by an evil man and instead of recognizing this, we are posting pictures of donut eating cops, making jokes and implying conspiracy theories. Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Prowler_Tuber
02-12-2013, 05:51 PM
I am disgusted and sickened by some of these comments on here about our law enforcement. Two innocent officers have died by an evil man and instead of recognizing this, we are posting pictures of donut eating cops, making jokes and implying conspiracy theories. Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

They are not its a waste of anyones time to point it out, I'm sure some will reply with something they think is cool. Its just sad the Officer is dead.

Prowler_Tuber
02-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Lots of paranoid, scarred or ignorant people on here. Either way they are all amusing, lots of different opinions which defiantly show how diverse FNN is.

Glad you fall in our category, it appears the truth speaks for itself. Police have a lot of explaining to do and not to mention the respect that the public seems to have lost for them.

The public is not ignorant...it is what is.

Didn't say the public was ignorant, said "ignorant PEOPLE on here". I am neither paranoid or scarred and not ignorant to the fact that people are stupid. Just listen to all the conspiracy’s its seriously amusing. Just like the clowns who support him on FB those are some highly educated people.

Skyler
02-12-2013, 06:46 PM

Alex Jones called...He wants his article idea back.

DarkShadow
02-12-2013, 07:11 PM
Alex Jones called...He wants his article idea back.

Just found it rather peculiar, that's all. So far, nobody has been able to explain how Dorner would be using the news feeds to his advantage.

In your experience in the field, has the grounding of all civilian aircraft ever happened before during police activity? Or was this a "special circumstance," that people like to say warrant special actions?

Surfnsnowboard3
02-12-2013, 07:20 PM
Just found it rather peculiar, that's all. So far, nobody has been able to explain how Dorner would be using the news feeds to his advantage.

In your experience in the field, has the grounding of all civilian aircraft ever happened before during police activity? Or was this a "special circumstance," that people like to say warrant special actions?

To answer your question very simply. This is a extremely unique situation that requires unconventional means, such as the FAA grounding aircraft.

DockRat
02-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Good thing Dorner dead. Happened close to Jenks Lake.

Viejo
02-12-2013, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by DarkShadow http://fishinghotpage.com/forum4/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?p=655415#post655415) "I'm still confused on why you'd mandate the FAA to clear out all civilian aircraft.

Must be some new procedure, I guess."

TFR's or Temporary Flight restrictions were put in place because of the media interest in this. TFR's are placed over every wild fire as well. They did not ground any aircraft. It is done so that emergency aircraft (law enforcement-fire-medical) can operate without worrying about mid air collisions. Another factor is that without the restrictions, the noise of all the hovering helos drowns out ground communication. The 19 media helicopters and planes (regular LA stations 2,4,7 (had two helos on scene)9 ,5,11...plus leased birds from networks, CNN, Univision etc) that were in the air and broadcasting all had a clear picture of what was going on because they use lenses that can read a license plate at five miles. There never was a blackout.....there never was a grounding.

Surfnsnowboard3
02-12-2013, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by DarkShadow http://fishinghotpage.com/forum4/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?p=655415#post655415) "I'm still confused on why you'd mandate the FAA to clear out all civilian aircraft.

Must be some new procedure, I guess."

TFR's or Temporary Flight restrictions were put in place because of the media interest in this. TFR's are placed over every wild fire as well. They did not ground any aircraft. It is done so that emergency aircraft (law enforcement-fire-medical) can operate without worrying about mid air collisions. Another factor is that without the restrictions, the noise of all the hovering helos drowns out ground communication. The 19 media helicopters and planes (regular LA stations 2,4,7 (had two helos on scene)9 ,5,11...plus leased birds from networks, CNN, Univision etc) that were in the air and broadcasting all had a clear picture of what was going on because they use lenses that can read a license plate at five miles. There never was a blackout.....there never was a grounding.

Wow, a well put logical explanation. Thank you!

fishinarteest
02-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Good thing Dorner dead. Happened close to Jenks Lake.

I personally wanted to see him go into custody, but i knew it wouldn't happen. The dude killed cops, and for the simple fact that he took a life in general was reason enough to get this guy. I understood why he was doing this, i just didn't condone the way he went about it.