PDA

View Full Version : Can you use a drop shot in deep waters?

bo1xdream
02-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Finally have everything I need to tryout my float tube for the first time. I've had it since Christmas and I just now got everything I need to start tubing. Im going to be using 2 rods. 1 for bottom fishing and for the other, can I use the drop shot technique even in deeper water?

Cartman
02-06-2013, 07:32 PM
Finally have everything I need to tryout my float tube for the first time. I've had it since Christmas and I just now got everything I need to start tubing. Im going to be using 2 rods. 1 for bottom fishing and for the other, can I use the drop shot technique even in deeper water?

I'm no expert, but I think drop shotting is especially well suited to fishing in deeper water. In the summer I fish a lot with a pole and float, but when the water is deep or I can't determine the depth I go with the d/s. That way I at least have an idea how far off the bottom I am fishing.

bo1xdream
02-07-2013, 01:27 AM
ahh.. good point. thanks for the info.

fishmounter
02-15-2013, 07:45 PM
Not sure what you fish for or what you consider "deep" water, but I fish a drop-shot rig from a float tube or boat in 20-30 FOW while I cast tiny jigs and spoons on my other rod. Bouncing your ds rig along the bottom as you slowly move along works very well.

Fastfish
04-01-2013, 01:30 PM
What do you consider as deep water should be clarified, but as a short quick answer drop-shotting is a excellent technique for deep water fishing.

Fastfish