PDA

View Full Version : SARL 2/03/13 from a boat with the family

allanon
02-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Did some pre superbowl fishing at SARL today with my Dad and kids.
Fun times.
Was really curious to see what type of bite it would be as I know there was some light rain Sat night.

Water visibility was about 2-3 feet, water temp was 56.

Ended up with 11 fish (of a 13 fish limit) so not a bad day at all.

Fished three passes for 6 rods and was busy pretty much all day managing my poles and my kids 2 poles.
On the water around 9am, off the water around 2pm.

Not a lot of anglers on the lake today, guess everybody had super bowl plans.

Of our 11 fish landed 10 were on pink tail/white head micetails, 1 fish rainbow powerbait.
And this was with us fishing 3 rods powerbait for the first half of the day.
I tried just about all the color micetails I had, but couldn't get a single bite on anything but the pink/white combo.
I also tried the pink firebait dough bait stuff I won in a content to no avail.

My dad did miss a bite on the white/pink combo (white tail/pink head), but that was it!

Also, we farmed quite a few today, as it was tough to manage my two boys and 4 rods in the water at the same time. I would estimate about 5 maybe 6 bites that we farmed today.

Always a great day to get out there with my dad and kids. We had pretty consistent action so that was good.
Had a double hook up, and a land one fish, hook up and land another fish right after another so my boys were really excited for those periods.

Can't figure out why the fish are only biting pink/white right now. I know it is a good color combo, but the other colors should produce as well.
I like to experiment to try and find a hot color, as I know it can change as the day progresses or on different days, but no matter what I try, its only the pink white right now for me....

Tight lines everyone!

Jbfish
02-03-2013, 10:28 PM
nice report! i went a week ago and it was sprinkling a little throughout the whole day. the bite was nonexistent and i got the skunk. i heard irvine gets WFO during rain so i thought SARL might be the same but i was wrong. i got the skunk, but ive been on other non rain days and killed it. nice report! Btw what does it mean to farm fish? like miss a bite? *JBfish*

allanon
02-03-2013, 10:41 PM
nice report! i went a week ago and it was sprinkling a little throughout the whole day. the bite was nonexistent and i got the skunk. i heard irvine gets WFO during rain so i thought SARL might be the same but i was wrong. i got the skunk, but ive been on other non rain days and killed it. nice report! Btw what does it mean to farm fish? like miss a bite? *JBfish*

Yes, to farm a fish is to get a bite and not land the fish. I snapped one off as I had a little situation with my kids as we were reeling one in, had a bunch of bites where I set the hook but the fish just spit it out.
I am beginning to think reusing my hooks multple times after a landed fish (I use owner mosquito hooks size 10) may not be a good idea. I have noticed they get a bit deformed after a couple of landed fish.

Today we had basically two rods going off all day (the one's with the pink white micetails on them) so I was reusing the hook each time. I love to tinker with things to try and get incrementally better each time so I'll try that next time...

Jbfish
02-03-2013, 10:53 PM
I am beginning to think reusing my hooks multple times after a landed fish (I use owner mosquito hooks size 10) may not be a good idea.

just some advice, it may or may not help. at the pay lakes i use treble hooks when i B&W. i do this because i will land more fish when the fish bite, because they will usually swallow the hook or the treble will give me a better chance at setting the hook. i do this at pay lakes because all the fish landed must be kept and cant be caught and released so it doesnt matter if they swallow the hook anyway. just a thought. and thanks for the explination on farming fish *JBfish*

gokuguy
02-05-2014, 07:44 PM
Hmm, I found this thread on a google search to buy mice tails online...but dont see the thread if I try to look for it in the forums. Weird.

Nice report....I just picked up the last 5 packs of pink/white micetails at walmart they had for 3 bux a pack last night. Seems like all the mice tails went clearance....barely any colors left.

gokuguy
02-05-2014, 07:46 PM
Lol...never mind. As soon as I posted my comment it showed up in the forums.... Glitched.