PDA

View Full Version : Perchzilla!!!

madbass
02-02-2013, 05:38 PM
My brother and I decided to do some surf fishing so we looked at the conditions and decided yogi up north.
Hit one of our favorite spots and it's a good thing we did. The bite was wide open, the bigger models came on the pointer while the small ones came on the gulp crack. Weather was nice, California winters rock!!!!
Biggest perch was my brothers, almost 17" perchzilla for sure!
For some reason I can't post pictures from my iPhone, can someone help!!

Thanks,

Alex

connordoyle
02-02-2013, 06:44 PM
My brother and I decided to do some surf fishing so we looked at the conditions and decided yogi up north.
Hit one of our favorite spots and it's a good thing we did. The bite was wide open, the bigger models came on the pointer while the small ones came on the gulp crack. Weather was nice, California winters rock!!!!
Biggest perch was my brothers, almost 17" perchzilla for sure!
For some reason I can't post pictures from my iPhone, can someone help!!

Thanks,

Alex

Whats the pointer??

bloox8
02-02-2013, 08:28 PM
Thats a huuuuge perch! Could've been southern California state record if you guys weighed and measured it :Shocked:

madbass
02-02-2013, 09:39 PM
Whats the pointer??

The pointer is a lure made by lucky craft, as for color not sure.

peanutbutter
02-03-2013, 11:09 AM
try sending it to your email then use photobucket once on computer:Wink:

SP Dan
02-04-2013, 06:09 AM
Hi ya madbass,

Very nice BSP!
Thanx for the fishing report w/ pic hopefully to follow. :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

FishinElectrician
02-04-2013, 06:31 AM
No picture yet? Im tryin to see what a potential record 17" Perch looks like!!!

skunked4life
02-04-2013, 07:17 AM
Picture or no picture, sounds like it was a beast! Nice job out there. I guess I need to go out and buy some LC pointers now, they seem to be the hot ticket lately.

FishinElectrician
02-04-2013, 07:36 AM
If someone says they have a picture of a potential record fish, I dont know about you, but I wanna see it...

koifish
02-04-2013, 07:54 AM
nice catch Alex. throw away your Iphone. get the Samsung galaxy which can easily upload pictures direct to the web LOL...

skunked4life
02-04-2013, 09:11 AM
If someone says they have a picture of a potential record fish, I dont know about you, but I wanna see it...

Don't think he said it was potentially a record fish. He just said it was 17 inches. Fishinelectrician, at the rate you are fishing these days, i have no doubt that you will see your own 15 plus inch perchzilla. :Big Grin: I think my PB is 15.5 but cant remember.

FishinElectrician
02-04-2013, 09:38 AM
Don't think he said it was potentially a record fish. He just said it was 17 inches. Fishinelectrician, at the rate you are fishing these days, i have no doubt that you will see your own 15 plus inch perchzilla. :Big Grin: I think my PB is 15.5 but cant remember.Oh! OK! I thought I read the record was 16 inches, and 4 pounds or somethin! My bad! But still, Id like to see a 17" Perch!!! LOL!

And as far as me gettin a pig like that, Im workin on it!!! LOL

skunked4life
02-04-2013, 09:53 AM
Oh! OK! I thought I read the record was 16 inches, and 4 pounds or somethin! My bad! But still, Id like to see a 17" Perch!!! LOL!

And as far as me gettin a pig like that, Im workin on it!!! LOL

On the books, record is 17 inches and 4.5 pounds but lately there are rumors of a 24 incher. Keep at it and you will catch one eventually.

Wingnut
02-04-2013, 04:14 PM
Any Perch over 15" is a Beast... I haven't caught a 16"+ yet. :Envious:

The Lucky Craft Pointer 65SP is an absolute Perch slayer. :Wink:

murrieta angler
02-09-2013, 08:53 AM
Any fish, any size is a wonderful thing when it's on the end of your rod/reel...:Big Grin:
Thanks, for sharing,
Robert
<><

madbass
02-09-2013, 09:18 PM
Hey guys, been a bit lazy plus I don't have a pc right now. But i'll get around to it. Maybe I can send someone the picture and they can post it for me.. Either way I'll get around to it, promise.

Koi,
Maybe I should get the galaxy, lol!