PDA

View Full Version : Wide Open Troll Bite Video !!

VineVideos
02-02-2013, 08:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPOtmnHShnY

I heard the troll bite was in full swing Thursday so I had a little time yesterday to take my son-in-law, Capt. Jack Lester and video buddy, Gary Boland, out for a little
spin to see if is true. The bite if Full-On in the Flats as well as tight along the Red Cliffs. Firetiger and just about everything else !! Lots of double hookups.

Not much time for editing, but thought I would share some clips with you all. Fun day. Fun times at Irvine Lake.

We have a 9.5 pounder on video from Thursday that I will have in next week's stocking video.

Tight Lines !!

Danny J.

TUNAVIC
02-02-2013, 03:19 PM
Very nice vid,love the comfort of a pontoon,you guys were bouncing em like Bonita,looked like a great times!WTG!

Cya TunaVic

VineVideos
02-03-2013, 08:57 AM
Very nice vid,love the comfort of a pontoon,you guys were bouncing em like Bonita,looked like a great times!WTG!

Cya TunaVic

Thanks Vic. Yes, it's always fun times especially fishing with family. My son-in-law, Jack Lester was an owner/operator out of Davey's Locker for many years.
We have "bounced" many a Bonito and Barracuda on those boats. So yes I do enjoy "bouncing" fish when I get a chance. The only difference with bouncing the
trout? They often times have a ten dollar lure in their mouth. So I sometimes question my judgement on that. :) (But I like to bounce anyway) !!

Big Willy
02-03-2013, 11:40 AM
Nice video. I was out on a pontoon boat with two buddies anchored up in the same area. Fantastic fishing and watched you guys and a few other boats hooking up so many fish. We were try out the new berkley pinched worm with great success. Saw plenty of double hookups. We had three rods with fish on at the same time at one point. Trolled the fire tiger and rainbow trout berkley shad and they were not even letting us get set up for troll before rods would go off. I noticed you guys were having the same problem. Great day to be hanging in the flats. Did you end up with any bent hooks?

VineVideos
02-03-2013, 11:52 AM
We were probably looking right at you guys. There were a couple of pontoons anchored fairly close to the cliffs on north side of the Flats. Yes, it was an awesome bite that afternoon.

I don't believe we had any bent hooks. "Bouncing" them like were were doing is not always that productive. LOL Often times the hook will pull or the lure will swim away with the fish. Can get a bit expensive.
But I love that kind of fishing.

Actually trolling for the trout at the vine is my second favorite method. Casting and retrieving these crank baits are my favorite. We should have just stopped and anchored up in the area where you guys
were and could have probably caught even more. It was really fun. We didn't even get out there until 1:00 p.m. but it was pretty much "Katie, Bar The Door" after that !!

Thanks for your post and report.

Danny J.

Rooster
02-03-2013, 02:10 PM
Great video DJ, Always enjoy watching your troll sessions.
I bounce them only because i cant stand spending 5 mins getting my hook out of the net. :LOL:

Hope 2 cya out there soon buddy. Its been to long

VineVideos
02-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Thanks Rooster. You know me... just a retired guy who loves to fish and take fish pix. And as far as the net goes, I agree. I am on my third net now trying to find one that it is
not an issue getting a hook out. I tried to get a rubber one but hate to buy one on line in case I don't like it. I heard the best place is Bass Pro in Cucamonga. But that's a long drive
for one item. If anyone has suggestions that would be appreciated.

See ya out there !!

DJ