PDA

View Full Version : Surf Report 2/1/2013

FishinElectrician
02-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Well, today I decided to go back to the area which claimed my rod, hoping to find it strewn in the sand somewhere. Alas, I didnt find it, but what I did find was a bunch of Perch willing to bite, and some very good size ones too. I was throwing a carolina rigged Big Hammer Perch Grub, in motor oil gold flake, with about an 18 inch leader, ending in a #6 Owner Mosquito hook. Ended up with about 20 fish, goin from hand sized, to bigger models probably around 13-14 inches.

The addiction is getting worse and worse... Or should I say, better and better!!! LOL

Im gonna get another fix in tomorrow, but in a different locale! Until then...

Thanks for reading!!!

luckyjr21
02-01-2013, 01:53 PM
Great job out there too bad you didnt find you rod, Im getting close to heading out there for my first trip , i hope i can post a good report like yours!!

SP Dan
02-01-2013, 02:34 PM
Hi ya FishinElectrician,

Psssssssst!
I hate to be the one to break it to ya...........but there aint no cure! :ROFL:
Welcome to our infectious disease! lol!

FE...you are doing some fine catching out there! :Thumbs Up: I'm enjoying your dedication Sir!
PS...It would have been the cherry on top of the sundae if you could have retrieved your ocean swallowed gear! :Wink: Oh well.

Thanx again FE for another fun read with pic's! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

City Dad
02-01-2013, 02:47 PM
Nice session. Bummer 'bout the rod - Mother Ocean giveth and she taketh away. Probably means you'll be stickin' a leopard soon!

bachiboy
02-01-2013, 04:00 PM
Nice job on the pigs again FE! Hope the new Valentine's Day present gets broken in nicely for you...upgrades or straight replacement?:Wink: Either way, you're a lucky guy in the end.

Congrats on another great session.
Don

connordoyle
02-01-2013, 07:26 PM
Nice Slabs! When the conditions are right I like fishing the grub much more than the worm, I think theres a little more sport involved. Fishing is extremely addicting, (i'm writing this super sun burned from todays sessions). I think fish while you can, you never know when you'll have less oppurtunity to do so.

saltman
02-02-2013, 07:40 AM
Hey

Great job on your catch of perchs! Yes Mr. our beachs are being loaded with big female perch.
Thanks for your report.

Saltman..

FishinElectrician
02-03-2013, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the kind words, guys!

I was gonna go back yesterday, but I dont function too well hung over :LOL:!!!

Im thinkin about headin out again on Monday or Tuesday???