PDA

View Full Version : S.W.A.T. Port Hueneme Naval Base 1/31/13

murrieta angler
01-31-2013, 05:16 PM
Real quick.....
I have a project on the base, hit up a small stretch of beach, 7 or 8 casts in, BOOM!
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps00e636f1.jpg
44 inches...:Smile:
Took me 10 minutes, released it, cast out again and they booted me off the beach.
BUT, while I was reeling in, a small halibut was following my swimmie...:Neutral:

Summary, 15 minutes on the beach, 1 shovelnose and best part of it all,
I GET TO HIT UP PT. MAGU WHILE I'M WORKING UP THERE...:Big Grin:
Take Care All,
Robert
<><

fishshep
01-31-2013, 05:48 PM
:Cool: Never thought of the other bases ,being a ex-military fishin friend and
I just have been fishing Seal Beach Base !!! Now that you mentioned it,
got to look into those other bases !!!! :Big Grin:

Which Way Out
01-31-2013, 07:34 PM
Nice going Bromigo...

See any Bait at that location?

I got some intel today that the flap jacks were seen exiting the surface locally....:Razz:

WWO

dlmoo312
01-31-2013, 08:41 PM
Nice catch for a short session.
I'd think that area would hold a lot of fish since there's not much fishing pressure..
Unfortunately I was booted off too before I could find out :Smile:
Goodluck on your Mugu outing. I've always been curious about that area and i'd love to hear about how your session goes.
Thanks for the report!

-Daniel

SP Dan
01-31-2013, 08:49 PM
Hola Pistola!

"Good Golly Miz Molley"!

Roberto....you're all over the grid Brotha!
Your all over the southern region and next your covering and reporting from the Northern region! :Envious: WTG!
A 44" SNGF and a grin from ear-to-ear for ten full minutes! Nice!
I'll be looking forward to your fish count and reports from Mugu!

Thanx for the fish report! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

bachiboy
01-31-2013, 10:54 PM
Dang Robert, that is quite the haul out there for you. You'd think the MP's coulda cut you a little more slack and given you a couple more casts to get the shorty for tailgatin'! :Wink: Glad you were able to get in a few casts and nail Mr. Wiggles.

Take care...
Don

DockRat
02-01-2013, 06:13 AM
WTG SNGF !

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c64/patti2112/mrmagoo-02.jpg

Wingnut
02-01-2013, 11:08 AM
Roberto, when you Ninja a beach... wear camo. :LOL:
Nice SNGF, even if it's a flat fish of the wrong kind. :Wink:
Have a great Super Bowl weekend and I'll see you later this month at the gathering. :Big Grin:

FishinElectrician
02-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Nice one!

In your experience, where are those Shovelnose most prevalent? Same spots as Perch, Halibut, etc???

connordoyle
02-01-2013, 07:29 PM
dang! 15 minutes, good job.

bones
02-01-2013, 07:56 PM
Sorry for the late response Robert but I've been so busy I couldn't think about the salt for a while.I bet you thought you were on a flatfish of the right kind by the way your swimmy is stuck to Mr Wiggles:ROFL:
Just enough to get the ticker pumping for sure brotha!
I've fished both perimeter's of that base just peering past the fenclines and wonderd what it's like. Hueneme unlike Mugu doesn't have all of the runoff from the farmland draining into it. I bet if you had more time and unrestrained freedom to explore the area you would kill it there at the right time of the year.
I fished the south perimeter to Hueneme Pier about 2 months ago for a few perch but there was a lot of life in the area and it looked like it had a lot of potential for sure.
Keep up the good footwork on the sand dude and I'll see ya soon at our gathering up north!

saltman
02-02-2013, 07:30 AM
Rebert

Great job hooking that shovelnose bro! see you up north Also are the big female biteing down south?

Ramiro..

bones
02-03-2013, 05:23 AM
Rebert

Great job hooking that shovelnose bro! see you up north Also are the big female biteing down south?

Ramiro..

Shame on you Ram! Don't talk about Rebert's wife that way:ROFL:

Hey....The "e" and the "o" are not even close neighbors on the keyboard....... eeeeiiiiii ........eeeeeeiiiiiiiiii ........O ! :ROFL:

Nipple Twister
02-03-2013, 10:50 AM

Hey....The "e" and the "o" are not even close neighbors on the keyboard....... eeeeiiiiii ........eeeeeeiiiiiiiiii ........O ! :ROFL:

Fellas I think we're losin him..........salt water STAT! :ROFL:

skunked4life
02-04-2013, 07:19 AM
Was this on a mini-hammer? Must have been one helluva fight! Very nice short session!

bloox8
02-04-2013, 12:04 PM
Nice Robert!
I've been trying to get my friends to take me out fishing on those bases for a while, but they have been too busy. I bet there's a lot of life in those undisturbed areas with a lot of shallow action. Hopefully I'll get to check them out soon. Possibly Mugu base. I'll let you know how it goes :Smile:

Thien

blackwater
02-08-2013, 11:04 AM
Brother Robert, did they politely ask you to leave or ran you off with machine guns and guard dogs?!? :LOL:
Nice job on the flat fish of the wrong kind. Hopefully I'll finally see all of you guys in a couple of weeks at the SWAT gathering. :Wink:

smokehound
02-08-2013, 07:41 PM
its funny when you foul hook a butterfly on the tip of the wing, and it feels and looks like a halibut.

murrieta angler
02-09-2013, 10:01 AM
:Cool: Never thought of the other bases ,being a ex-military fishin friend and
I just have been fishing Seal Beach Base !!! Now that you mentioned it,
got to look into those other bases !!!! :Big Grin:

Shoot Daniel,
If I were you I would be all over the ocean bases around So Cal.
Robert
<><

Nice going Bromigo...

See any Bait at that location?

I got some intel today that the flap jacks were seen exiting the surface locally....:Razz:

WWO

Howdy Bill,
As a matter of fact there was bait, quite a bit hugging the shore.
I hooked the SN 3 feet from the shore.
See you soon Bro,
Robert
<><

Nice catch for a short session.
I'd think that area would hold a lot of fish since there's not much fishing pressure..
Unfortunately I was booted off too before I could find out :Smile:
Goodluck on your Mugu outing. I've always been curious about that area and i'd love to hear about how your session goes.
Thanks for the report!

-Daniel

Hey Daniel,
I hope I can hit Magu, someone just informed me that my pass might only be good for Port Nueneme...:Sad:
See you on the 24th,
Robert
<><

Hola Pistola!

"Good Golly Miz Molley"!

Roberto....you're all over the grid Brotha!
Your all over the southern region and next your covering and reporting from the Northern region! :Envious: WTG!
A 44" SNGF and a grin from ear-to-ear for ten full minutes! Nice!
I'll be looking forward to your fish count and reports from Mugu!

Thanx for the fish report! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

Brother Dan,
Hope all is well at home and I look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks...:Smile:
Robert
<><

Dang Robert, that is quite the haul out there for you. You'd think the MP's coulda cut you a little more slack and given you a couple more casts to get the shorty for tailgatin'! :Wink: Glad you were able to get in a few casts and nail Mr. Wiggles.

Take care...
Don

Hi Don,
Actually it was someone on a loud speaker who told me to leave.
I was tlaking to someone after that and they said to go to the security office and ask if it is opk to fish there.
After all, they would be the ones to respond to a disturbance...:Twisted:
See you soon Bro,
Robert
<><

WTG SNGF !

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c64/patti2112/mrmagoo-02.jpg

Thanks DR!
Robert
<><

Roberto, when you Ninja a beach... wear camo. :LOL:
Nice SNGF, even if it's a flat fish of the wrong kind. :Wink:
Have a great Super Bowl weekend and I'll see you later this month at the gathering. :Big Grin:

Who do you think I am....you in your younger years...:ROFL:

HEY, BLAME BINH....:Big Smile:
See you soon Brotha,
Robert
<><

Nice one!

In your experience, where are those Shovelnose most prevalent? Same spots as Perch, Halibut, etc???

I see them everywhere Bro.
Robert
<><

dang! 15 minutes, good job.

Thank You Connor..:Smile:
Robert
<><

Sorry for the late response Robert but I've been so busy I couldn't think about the salt for a while.I bet you thought you were on a flatfish of the right kind by the way your swimmy is stuck to Mr Wiggles:ROFL:
Just enough to get the ticker pumping for sure brotha!
I've fished both perimeter's of that base just peering past the fenclines and wonderd what it's like. Hueneme unlike Mugu doesn't have all of the runoff from the farmland draining into it. I bet if you had more time and unrestrained freedom to explore the area you would kill it there at the right time of the year.
I fished the south perimeter to Hueneme Pier about 2 months ago for a few perch but there was a lot of life in the area and it looked like it had a lot of potential for sure.
Keep up the good footwork on the sand dude and I'll see ya soon at our gathering up north!

Thanks Mike,
....and I'll ignore the wife comment....:Horns:
Soo you soon Bro,
Robert
<><

Rebert

Ramiro..

Ramiro!!!
Not so much down here Bro. But I also do not target them.
I did hook up to a solid 12"er my last time out though.
See you soon,
Robert
<><

Fellas I think we're losin him..........salt water STAT! :ROFL:

Was this on a mini-hammer? Must have been one helluva fight! Very nice short session!

Howdy S4L,
Actually I had bit the 4" swiimie in half cause it was worn down.
Robert
<><

Nice Robert!
I've been trying to get my friends to take me out fishing on those bases for a while, but they have been too busy. I bet there's a lot of life in those undisturbed areas with a lot of shallow action. Hopefully I'll get to check them out soon. Possibly Mugu base. I'll let you know how it goes :Smile:

Thien

Get out there if you can Thien,
I hope to hit it up this week during the day.
Depends on how fast the guys work...:Rolls Eyes:
If they hustle, I fish...If they lag, then I stay and crack the whip...:Beat Stick:
C-Ya on the 24th,
Robert
<><

Brother Robert, did they politely ask you to leave or ran you off with machine guns and guard dogs?!? :LOL:
Nice job on the flat fish of the wrong kind. Hopefully I'll finally see all of you guys in a couple of weeks at the SWAT gathering. :Wink:

Hey Phuong,
Hope all is well.
I wish they woulda brought the lightning cause then I would brought the "THUNDER"!! :Death2Above:
Hope to see you as well Brotha,
Robert
<><

its funny when you foul hook a butterfly on the tip of the wing, and it feels and looks like a halibut.

I hate that Smoke!
But I kinda knew it was a SN a second later when it went parallel to the beach...:Sad:
Take care,
Robert
<><

keepemlo
02-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Yeah you would thnk they wouldnt mind you being out there,,,oh well your time will come,,i had a friend make a soup outta one of those babys,,not bad,not bad,i give it 7 out of 10' nice one robert

Prowler_Tuber
02-11-2013, 12:49 PM
Real quick.....
I have a project on the base, hit up a small stretch of beach, 7 or 8 casts in, BOOM!
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps00e636f1.jpg
44 inches...:Smile:
Took me 10 minutes, released it, cast out again and they booted me off the beach.
BUT, while I was reeling in, a small halibut was following my swimmie...:Neutral:

Summary, 15 minutes on the beach, 1 shovelnose and best part of it all,
I GET TO HIT UP PT. MAGU WHILE I'M WORKING UP THERE...:Big Grin:
Take Care All,
Robert
<><

Let me know when you want to go and Ill sponsor you on base.