PDA

View Full Version : SARL 1/31 short report

the dude
01-31-2013, 05:14 PM
Got to the lake at 9:30 went right to my spot and on my first cast I hook up a nice 1 1/2 pounder I think what great day this is gonna be a huge section of bank all to myself and the fish are bitting. Well I was right about the nice day but that was all she wrote for me as far as the fish were bitting.I only was able to fish for 4 hrs today but there are some bruisers cruising the big lake I saw one fish in a cooler by the tackle shop and it was the biggest trout I've ever seen I overheard the staff say it was over 16 lbs. What worked for me was a 14 inch leader carolina rigged 25 ft from shore with p/b I didn't get any tugs on my artificial rod. I saw alot of birds bringing up big trout by their gills the fish all got away and they were 20-30ft off the shore. not a bad day considering a late start,and the bright moon last night hope this helps

Kingfisher2
01-31-2013, 05:27 PM
Got to the lake at 9:30 went right to my spot and on my first cast I hook up a nice 1 1/2 pounder I think what great day this is gonna be a huge section of bank all to myself and the fish are bitting. Well I was right about the nice day but that was all she wrote for me as far as the fish were bitting.I only was able to fish for 4 hrs today but there are some bruisers cruising the big lake I saw one fish in a cooler by the tackle shop and it was the biggest trout I've ever seen I overheard the staff say it was over 16 lbs. What worked for me was a 14 inch leader carolina rigged 25 ft from shore with p/b I didn't get any tugs on my artificial rod. I saw alot of birds bringing up big trout by their gills the fish all got away and they were 20-30ft off the shore. not a bad day considering a late start,and the bright moon last night hope this helps

Well, hopefully they stocked today and although it usually takes a day or two before newly stocked trout will start biting, maybe the bite will be better tomorrow. They did stock today, right?

etucker1959
01-31-2013, 06:32 PM
Well, hopefully they stocked today and although it usually takes a day or two before newly stocked trout will start biting, maybe the bite will be better tomorrow. They did stock today, right?

Just got off the phone from my main trout fishing man who fished SARL today. Great fishing today from a boat!!! He will post his report later.

the dude
01-31-2013, 06:39 PM
Yes they stocked today

TaperSteve
01-31-2013, 06:53 PM
Congrats on the good outting!

FishingLakes has def been putting in some nice fish this year!

TS

allanon
01-31-2013, 08:37 PM
Yeah, the ones I caught from around the boat dock area were caught when I was sitting in 43 feet of water, and I'll bet the fish weren't biting near the bubble hole until later in the day...