PDA

View Full Version : Surf Report 1/31/2013

FishinElectrician
01-31-2013, 01:11 PM
I decided to hit the surf today, seeing as I had some free time. So I hastily gathered my stuff and made my way to the beach at which I had been successful the time before. I got there at around 7:30 AM, and noticed that there was a couple guys fishin the same stretch of beach. I made my way between a couple of the folks, and immediately caught 4 Perch on my favorite grub. None being of a size worthy of photos, so I would toss em back in the drink, and keep fishin. The bite was very slow compared to my prior visit to the beach, but I kept at it. I finally reached an outflow pipe, that Ive never fished next to, and leaned my casting rod rigged with an Owner Ripn Minnow, up against the concrete structure surrounding the pipe, and began casting. (All the while, the tide is rising pretty fast) I cast right against the pipe and began retreiving, when the grub gets hammered. I instantly knew it wasnt a Perch, so I began to get a little excited. When I get the fish to shore, I see its some sort of Croaker. (If you guys can help me ID it, Id be very grateful.) At that point, Im happy with my fish count, so I start to take my spinning rod apart to go home, and I notice that my casting rig is GONE. I guess at some point, the water rose high enough to take it into the drink, and pull it into the deep. I was so freakin pi**ed off, I began yelling to myself, while people were walkin by lookin at me like Im nuts. I guess the ocean wanted to claim a weapon that has claimed many of its denizens. Next time I wont be so careless, and I wont forget my 3rd Grip at home! Not too productive of a day, (especially considering Im out a $250 casting rod and reel!!! LOL) but I kept the stinky black and white away!!!

Thanks for reading!

Cadillyak
01-31-2013, 01:19 PM
Yellowfin croaker. That sucks about your lost setup. An untimely sacrifice to Posideon.

connordoyle
01-31-2013, 02:07 PM
Nice job on the YFC! Sorry about your set up though, was this in samo? I've been dying to catch some sort of croaker. I'm like 150 BSP deep this year, haha.

Lightline
01-31-2013, 02:25 PM
Loosing a rod and reel in any fashion hurts.

thanks for the report

FishinElectrician
01-31-2013, 03:49 PM
Yellowfin croaker. That sucks about your lost setup. An untimely sacrifice to Posideon.Ahhh! A YFC! Nice! That makes 2 species out of the surf, for me!

And yes, it hurt losin one of my favorite rod n reels, but I feel its a small sacrifice to Poseidon, for the bounty of creatures Ive harvested from his ocean kingdom! LOL!

Nice job on the YFC! Sorry about your set up though, was this in samo? I've been dying to catch some sort of croaker. I'm like 150 BSP deep this year, haha.Thanks, bro. This beach is south of samo.

Loosing a rod and reel in any fashion hurts.

thanks for the reportYeah, it definitely sucked losing it. I loved that rod n reel. Its my fault though. Thats the worst part.

murrieta angler
01-31-2013, 06:08 PM
OUCH!!!
Sorry to hear the news Bro, " He giveth and He taketh away ".
Thanks for the report,
Robert
<><

SP Dan
01-31-2013, 08:32 PM
Hi ya FishinElectrician,

Another fallen soldier! :Crying: Sorry to hear about your loss!
Congrat's on beaching that fat YFC for the skunk buster!

Thanx for the fish report with pic! :Thumbs Up:

SP Dan <"))><

dlmoo312
01-31-2013, 08:46 PM
Congrats on the new species!
Sorry for the lost gear.. I respect your positive outlook on it though:Smile:
I hope you land plenty of more new species from the surf in return!
Thanks for the report!

-Daniel

FishinElectrician
01-31-2013, 10:07 PM
OUCH!!!
Sorry to hear the news Bro, " He giveth and He taketh away ".
Thanks for the report,
Robert
<><Oh yeah. The ocean could keep it. I figure, its given me so much throughout my life... Plus, its best not to argue with nature!!! LOL

Hi ya FishinElectrician,

Another fallen soldier! :Crying: Sorry to hear about your loss!
Congrat's on beaching that fat YFC for the skunk buster!

Thanx for the fish report with pic! :Thumbs Up:

SP Dan <"))><Thanks SP Dan! I actually had a couple small Perch before that Croaker, but, still, it was the highlight of my day!

Congrats on the new species!
Sorry for the lost gear.. I respect your positive outlook on it though:Smile:
I hope you land plenty of more new species from the surf in return!
Thanks for the report!

-DanielThank you very very much, sir!!!

bachiboy
01-31-2013, 11:40 PM
Awww man, that sux! Glad you able to score some fish but that was a tough outing. Just consider it an offering to Poseidon and I'd say he owes you big in an upcoming session. :Wink:

Thanks for the read...
Don

smokehound
02-01-2013, 04:32 AM
YFC are aggressive!

They'll attack some huge lures.

DockRat
02-01-2013, 06:09 AM
Too bad on the rod, go back at low tide.
DR

Wingnut
02-01-2013, 11:04 AM
I feel your pain about the loss of your set-up... been there, done that... more than once. :mad:
Things can always be replaced. :Wink:

FishinElectrician
02-01-2013, 01:41 PM
YFC are aggressive!

They'll attack some huge lures.I wish his relatives were aggressive too!!!

Too bad on the rod, go back at low tide.
DRI went back today. Nothin!

I feel your pain about the loss of your set-up... been there, done that... more than once. :mad:
Things can always be replaced. :Wink:Yessir!!!

Luckily, my wife is is an incredible woman, and as such, has took it upon herself to replace my entire combo, for Valentines Day!!!