PDA

View Full Version : Balboa Pier 9/4/07

CoffeaRobusta
09-06-2007, 01:08 PM
Took my girlfriend to Balboa Pier on Tuesday evening to celebrate her new job. We had never been there before so wanted to check it out. Cute community down there, beachy but not too touristy. The pier isn't very long but there weren't the hodes of fishermen like at other piers. Course it was a Tuesday after the holiday weekend. Lot's of bait cutting stations and very clean. Not like a SB where you don't want to put your hands on the rail or sit down on the benches. GF actually fished this time; she found it more fun than just sitting there watching me. I threw out my kastmaster but only snagged a smelt. GF was using squid on the bottom and caught a staghorn sculpin. I switched her over to a sibiki sweetened with squid and she started bringing in small macks after she got the feel for what she was doing. She really had fun. I think I may have hooked her on fishing. I was trying to fish squid on the bottom for whatever else was out there but no luck. All evenening though we could see bat rays and swimming crabs going by, occasionally some bigger fish swimming by near the surface. So she blew me away on this trip.

GF:
Sculpin.
Lots of macks.

Me:
1 snagged smelt.

Troutman65
09-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Nice report.

8) G/F is having a good time with you fishing,

TM65

spiceguy
09-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Wtg man. Glad you like our little town and also wtg on gettin' the g/f out fishin'. :thumb: