PDA

View Full Version : Corona

Troutin Man
01-30-2013, 11:39 PM
Went to Corona today. Was out on the water and fishing there had the smell of skunk.

Hit the following areas: Cove behind snack shop, drifted the lake, hit the other side of lake from boat docks, trolled the middle from south to north, shoreline area near the stocking area, the dam, trolled north to south, back to the boat docks

Use the following: mice tails, trout worms, night crawler, meal worm, PB with Bite On, PB with BiteON and Hatchery Dust, rooster tails, jigging white worm, jigging, drop shot, carolina rig, split shot, bait under float, drift fishing

Did not use flies and slip bobbers.

Gave it a try. Just had one big bite and it was peeling my line. Got to anxious, lost patience which lost the fish. Damn it!

However, it was still nice to be out there. The water was refreshed, but still looks brown.

vegas fish slayer
01-31-2013, 07:02 PM
I think fishing from a boat at corona is hard. I know that might sound dumb. We fished from a boat a few times before the wife and I got tubes we always caught fish but nothing like we do in the tube. I think the shore fishing is better than fishing in the boat too. In the boats you have to be super quiet and that's hard to do in those tin cans. Lol honestly trout is the only fish that we float tube for. We own a super nice boat so it's not like I don't have the means for comparison. What I found that was real consistent fishing from a boat a corona was to dead stick mice tails. I always fished 2 rods so I would dead stick one and slow roll the other one. I also used the smallest Carolina sinkers I had. Other than that the only thing I always use is scent and lots of it. Stick with a spot and time it if you don't get bit in 30 min move. Hope this helps and don't give up you will figure out what consistently works for you and you will go there every time and smash them.