PDA

View Full Version : Brite Lake, Tehachapi

DangerFishin
01-30-2013, 02:50 PM
Anyone been up there and done any good lately? ive been up there the last 3 times they stocked/ 3 times in between stocking and ive only caught 3 fish, all on a rooster tail trolling. have tried all kinds of baits and different lures cant get any hits, havent seen anyone else catch anything either, Please help if you know whats up!!!

i run south bend trout rigs 2 lb test line for bait and wait, and 2lb test for lure fishing, have tried powerworms, creme trout lures, all kinds of spinners, some old guy told me " YOU HAVE TO USE LIPRIPPERZ" well, ive tried just about all there products at brites and cant get jack, so i'm lost. Catching all kinds of trout everywhere else, just cant seem to crack the code here.

fishinarteest
02-01-2013, 11:52 AM
that place seems better to fish in the spring and summer. ive tried it in the fall and winter and get screwed everytime. I only bait and wait there though, so what i use is rainbow and chartreuse powerbait, then i buy glitter to put in my power bait because, come on, glitter power bait is expensive. And sometimes i use nightcrawlers with powerbait. or just plain nightcrawler, sometimes those fish are into flash, sometimes there into substance.

DangerFishin
02-09-2013, 11:23 AM
that place seems better to fish in the spring and summer. ive tried it in the fall and winter and get screwed everytime. I only bait and wait there though, so what i use is rainbow and chartreuse powerbait, then i buy glitter to put in my power bait because, come on, glitter power bait is expensive. And sometimes i use nightcrawlers with powerbait. or just plain nightcrawler, sometimes those fish are into flash, sometimes there into substance.

this seems to be true, have made 7 trips there in the winter/fall and have only caught 3 fish. 1 one day 2 another day, and they were caught trolling with a rooster tail from a boat, trolling the whole lake all day. Its probably hard to believe but one was a 3 lb brown trout.... didnt get a picture because of lazyness, but i asked the camp host how many hes seen caught there and he said hes never even seen or heard about a brown trout being caught lol

But as for bait fishing, shore fishing, havent gotten jack, not even any bites, nor have i seen anybody getting them, guess i will wait till summer..that or ill get angry about it and go up determined to FIND A WAY!!!

also, my fishfinder was telling me that the lake is JAM PACKED with fish, all kinds of fish, in all depths of water all the way throughout the lake. But none like tooo eat the bait. haha. im thinking maybe some type of natural food source keeping them full right now and maybe when they get through with it the bite will open up, ive heard about this in other places.

Thanks for the info man.

DEVOREFLYER
02-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Next time you catch one open her up and see what it's been feeding on, then try to match it. It's an old trick that no one does anymore but it works, or buy on of those little stomach pumps at a fly fishing shop and use it.

fishinarteest
02-09-2013, 11:07 PM
this seems to be true, have made 7 trips there in the winter/fall and have only caught 3 fish. 1 one day 2 another day, and they were caught trolling with a rooster tail from a boat, trolling the whole lake all day. Its probably hard to believe but one was a 3 lb brown trout.... didnt get a picture because of lazyness, but i asked the camp host how many hes seen caught there and he said hes never even seen or heard about a brown trout being caught lol

But as for bait fishing, shore fishing, havent gotten jack, not even any bites, nor have i seen anybody getting them, guess i will wait till summer..that or ill get angry about it and go up determined to FIND A WAY!!!

also, my fishfinder was telling me that the lake is JAM PACKED with fish, all kinds of fish, in all depths of water all the way throughout the lake. But none like tooo eat the bait. haha. im thinking maybe some type of natural food source keeping them full right now and maybe when they get through with it the bite will open up, ive heard about this in other places.

Thanks for the info man.

There are all kinds of fish in there, I fish that place twice a year every year and have been doing so since I was little. I've seen rainbows, lake trout, cutthroat trout, cutthroat rainbow hybrids, largemouth, brown trout, bullhead cats, and channel cats. My uncle hooked a behemoth cat that are rumored to live in that lake but couldn't catch him, on account that he was fishing for trout and had 4lb test and the cat was at least 20lbs...