PDA

View Full Version : bass bait question

Thisfool
01-30-2013, 08:00 AM
ok i know were a few months out from good bass fishing but i want to start my home work now and start geting ready.

if tried bass fishing in the past but never stuck to it long enough to figuar anything out.

so here is my question.

in spring and summer with all the salad growth weddles rigs are a must and carolina and texas rigs seem to be the standard and seem like a good place to start so with that said!!

What do you guys like to toss on those rigs, brush hog, creature bait, lizards, curly tail worms, crawfish or what ever els?

Socalbassmaster
01-30-2013, 09:41 AM
Since your just starting out on bass fishing T-rigging is a good place to start, the rig is pretty snag proof and a proven fish catcher. Always try to use the smallest weight and hook as possible when fishing the Texas rig thats the secret to consany getting bit and hooked up with the rig and avoiding snags. For the most part 1/6 -1/8 size bullet weight is perfect fishing 1-10ft of water 1/4-1/2 for water 15-30ft. Keep your retrieve slow but vary ur pattern in which ur moving it sometimes a consant shake works, other times a few small hops and pauses and somtimes just dragging it works u have to experiment. As far as baits go pick a bait that works best in the cover you fishing senko type baits and or fluke type baits work great around grass or weed lines or pockets, Big straight tails or ribbon tails work great offshore and craws and creatures and grubs work great around docks , wood and rocks. Keep ur colors simple for the most part, greens and browns in clear water on sunny days , pinks and purples on clear water overcast days; stained water or muddy water use Blacks with differnt flecks in it , Blues and and oranges also work.

Thisfool
01-30-2013, 06:30 PM
Since your just starting out on bass fishing T-rigging is a good place to start, the rig is pretty snag proof and a proven fish catcher. Always try to use the smallest weight and hook as possible when fishing the Texas rig thats the secret to consany getting bit and hooked up with the rig and avoiding snags. For the most part 1/6 -1/8 size bullet weight is perfect fishing 1-10ft of water 1/4-1/2 for water 15-30ft. Keep your retrieve slow but vary ur pattern in which ur moving it sometimes a consant shake works, other times a few small hops and pauses and somtimes just dragging it works u have to experiment. As far as baits go pick a bait that works best in the cover you fishing senko type baits and or fluke type baits work great around grass or weed lines or pockets, Big straight tails or ribbon tails work great offshore and craws and creatures and grubs work great around docks , wood and rocks. Keep ur colors simple for the most part, greens and browns in clear water on sunny days , pinks and purples on clear water overcast days; stained water or muddy water use Blacks with differnt flecks in it , Blues and and oranges also work.

wow much much more info then i asked for thank you very much

hope every one takes note this is how people should treat there fellow anglers.

Circuit
01-30-2013, 07:17 PM
and if you you have access to a golf course pond start there. it'll help you get your techniques down and It's much more rewarding than a regular lake.

apb079
01-31-2013, 08:43 AM
The fish are biting now. Its a lot harder. But if you can catch bass now, you will definitely get them into the spawn. Just get out there are throw something. Learn your lake. Where the fish stay. What their patterns are. Just work it slow and you will get bites. It might be few and far in between right now. But once you do, its much more rewarding.

bassfishing24/7
01-31-2013, 09:22 AM
Texas rig plastics been my go to baits,PATIENCE is key working ur baits slow on the bottom.