PDA

View Full Version : The pudd today 1/29/2013

old pudd fisher
01-29-2013, 09:06 PM
Was there today with the wife just to get out of the house for a bit, no pics or fishing just hiking and a picnic for us. Very few fisher people out there and the ones we talked to had no luck, kind of slow but the Osprey birds were having thier way with the stocker trout, wish I took my camera. I must have seen about four trout get snatched out by them, pretty cool to watch.

the pudd

DarkShadow
01-29-2013, 09:38 PM
OPD,

Hey, sometimes you just gotta get out and leave the rods at home. Sometimes people miss the forest for the trees, I say.

The Osprey birds were having thier way with the stocker trout, wish I took my camera. I must have seen about four trout get snatched out by them, pretty cool to watch.

1 more and they have their limit.

Socalbassmaster
01-29-2013, 10:35 PM
I get the whole lake to myself everyday now that people think there is no fish in there and that they arent bitting. :-) Makes it that much better of a lake .

Kingfish Addict
01-30-2013, 09:41 AM
I get the whole lake to myself everyday now that people think there is no fish in there and that they arent bitting. :-) Makes it that much better of a lake .

Ya I love that also, ever since the oxygen issue I haven't seen too many people out there and it's a good thing! The osprey WERE going crazy yesterday, we saw that also. Anyways my buddy and I were there yesterday fishing for trout and posted up near sailboat cove at the docks, my buddy caught a better than average stocker. Bite turned off. So we moved to another spot (spot not disclosed because I'm heading back there today and don't want anyone jackin the spot) and it was bite on for the next hour and a half. My buddy got 3, I got 1 and we lost a bunch also. Good times! Only two complaints:

1. If you see someone fishing, PLEASE don't slide in 5 feet from them and start casting away when you have the whole shore open. This dude yesterday had the entire shore to choose from and he decides to come RIGHT NEXT TO US and fish. Give your fellow fishermen some elbow room.

2. Pick up your freakin trash when you fish!!!! There's trash cans everywhere, use them.

Stringer from yesterday:

http://i1336.photobucket.com/albums/o652/chrismfike/1359561015302.jpg

TUNAVIC
01-30-2013, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the info,I did the same thing with my wife last week,went to Laguna Lake and left my gear in the suburban and just walked the lake with wifey,worked out great ,saw a friend "John D" and he was sporting a skunk,so I wasn't missing out on a bite,if their biting he's catching,and made points with the wife,all good! Can't wait for those crappie at the Pudd to wake up!

Cya TunaVic

Bass Boy 14
02-02-2013, 01:06 PM
Ya I love that also, ever since the oxygen issue I haven't seen too many people out there and it's a good thing! The osprey WERE going crazy yesterday, we saw that also. Anyways my buddy and I were there yesterday fishing for trout and posted up near sailboat cove at the docks, my buddy caught a better than average stocker. Bite turned off. So we moved to another spot (spot not disclosed because I'm heading back there today and don't want anyone jackin the spot) and it was bite on for the next hour and a half. My buddy got 3, I got 1 and we lost a bunch also. Good times! Only two complaints:

1. If you see someone fishing, PLEASE don't slide in 5 feet from them and start casting away when you have the whole shore open. This dude yesterday had the entire shore to choose from and he decides to come RIGHT NEXT TO US and fish. Give your fellow fishermen some elbow room.

2. Pick up your freakin trash when you fish!!!! There's trash cans everywhere, use them.

Stringer from yesterday:

http://i1336.photobucket.com/albums/o652/chrismfike/1359561015302.jpg

Good job out there! The pudd bite has been slow lately. Glad to see the trout are back. How long did it take you to catch those four after you moved spots?

Kingfish Addict
02-02-2013, 03:06 PM
Good job out there! The pudd bite has been slow lately. Glad to see the trout are back. How long did it take you to catch those four after you moved spots?

We started getting bites almost immediately after changing spots. Just a matter of fishing different spots until you find them. We went back to the same spot yesterday for about 3 hours and caught 10 or 11, we lost count. We kept 4 (bbq'd them last night) and safely released 6 or 7. They were hitting everything: Pink/white mice tails, powerbait, turbo dough, hatchery nuggets, and we got multiple hits on a kastmaster. I actually snagged one through the lower fin on the retrieve and reeled him in, it still counts because I landed him!! Good times!

Bass Boy 14
02-02-2013, 03:59 PM
We started getting bites almost immediately after changing spots. Just a matter of fishing different spots until you find them. We went back to the same spot yesterday for about 3 hours and caught 10 or 11, we lost count. We kept 4 (bbq'd them last night) and safely released 6 or 7. They were hitting everything: Pink/white mice tails, powerbait, turbo dough, hatchery nuggets, and we got multiple hits on a kastmaster. I actually snagged one through the lower fin on the retrieve and reeled him in, it still counts because I landed him!! Good times!

Awesome! I'm heading there tomorrow to see if I can get in on the action. Haven't been there since the die off.

Tight lines - BB

Riverdale
03-05-2013, 08:43 PM
Walked the Pudd today,dragging a lizard around .Empty, water looked like crap,saw a nice dead crappie floatin around,One guy in a Hobie Mirage said he had been round the whole lake and nuttin but Skunks!!He was seeing fish all over on the finder he said as well but no bites.Even looked like he had a bobber and worm ,Yet Nada!!!!...Cheers!!P.S. Saw no fish from the bank !Even at the cove.....