PDA

View Full Version : Hesperia Lake

Des the trout killa
01-29-2013, 02:39 PM
My dad and I are going to Hesperia lake. Can you give me tips on what bait or combos or trout worms. Also I want to know what is the best # test should I use and what good pole can I get for under $100:Smile:

Frequent Flyer
01-29-2013, 03:14 PM
Black or nightcrawlers. I always use 2 lb. test but 4 is in close second if you don't feel confident fishing with 2.

Are you looking for a rod and reel combo? Or just a rod?
If just a rod, i'd reccomend the american spirit rods from turners, or the fenwick trout rods

DangerFishin
01-30-2013, 12:30 PM
My dad and I are going to Hesperia lake. Can you give me tips on what bait or combos or trout worms. Also I want to know what is the best # test should I use and what good pole can I get for under $100:Smile:

Me, my grampa, and gf have gone there a few times this year/ end of last year, The water is really murky, low visibility, Bait fishing has seemed to work best for us, You can actually run #6 test main line on your reel388853888438883388823888138880 and run #2 test leader and it works just fine for trout, There are a ton of fish in the lake and big ones to, We go to "the finger" and cast out towards the island and have the best luck, we run about 3 foot double treble leaders using variety of baits, we have caught trout there on every color pb so there is no "omg use yellow its the only thing that works" we have caught with yellow corn pb, blue red white rainbow, purple nymph pb, green, orange, just about every color/ combo, also non inflated nightcrawler with a marshmellow right above has produced, Try Velveeta to, its always a good shot. we usually start out with corn yellow and velveeta sprayed with bang garlic scent and then rotate different colors/ scents from there. There are alot of baitfish in the lake and you will get really light bites and lose your bait, we check our bait every 45 minutes or sooner if we get small hits and then nothing, so buy extra pb and bring it, the lake eats bait like no other. We do best if we watch our poles closely, because aside from the light baitfish bites, the trout alot of times bite light and you have to set the hook quick, otherwise they spit it out and are gone, Also, we have yet to find "hard fighting trout" at that lake, they fight like babies, ive caught 1 lbers at jackson lake and other various lake that fight harder then the 5+ lbers we have caught there. Keep your line tight and dont be surprised when it feels like youv lost the fish, they just walk right in to the shore 90% of the time.

As for lure fishing, i have seen very few fish caught on lures there, The best seems to be small shad imitations swam real slow and powerworms drug really slow, rooster tails, spinners, etc etc are very hard there.

Black is a good color in the murky water,

Good Luck.

Des the trout killa
02-05-2013, 06:50 AM
Qtvregg
Me, my grampa, and gf have gone there a few times this year/ end of last year, The water is really murky, low visibility, Bait fishing has seemed to work best for us, You can actually run #6 test main line on your reel388853888438883388823888138880 and run #2 test leader and it works just fine for trout, There are a ton of fish in the lake and big ones to, We go to "the finger" and cast out towards the island and have the best luck, we run about 3 foot double treble leaders using variety of baits, we have caught trout there on every color pb so there is no "omg use yellow its the only thing that works" we have caught with yellow corn pb, blue red white rainbow, purple nymph pb, green, orange, just about every color/ combo, also non inflated nightcrawler with a marshmellow right above has produced, Try Velveeta to, its always a good shot. we usually start out with corn yellow and velveeta sprayed with bang garlic scent and then rotate different colors/ scents from there. There are alot of baitfish in the lake and you will get really light bites and lose your bait, we check our bait every 45 minutes or sooner if we get small hits and then nothing, so buy extra pb and bring it, the lake eats bait like no other. We do best if we watch our poles closely, because aside from the light baitfish bites, the trout alot of times bite light and you have to set the hook quick, otherwise they spit it out and are gone, Also, we have yet to find "hard fighting trout" at that lake, they fight like babies, ive caught 1 lbers at jackson lake and other various lake that fight harder then the 5+ lbers we have caught there. Keep your line tight and dont be surprised when it feels like youv lost the fish, they just walk right in to the shore 90% of the time.

As for lure fishing, i have seen very few fish caught on lures there, The best seems to be small shad imitations swam real slow and powerworms drug really slow, rooster tails, spinners, etc etc are very hard there.

Black is a good color in the murky water,

Good Luck.

Cool I seen people catching them left and right on the finger but in the little cove on the opposite side of the finger

DangerFishin
02-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Qtvregg

Cool I seen people catching them left and right on the finger but in the little cove on the opposite side of the finger

how did you do???

Des the trout killa
02-06-2013, 02:35 PM
how did you do???

Nothing but got but hard! But just couldn't set the hook. All together I had a good day.

DangerFishin
02-07-2013, 02:04 PM
Nothing but got but hard! But just couldn't set the hook. All together I had a good day.

The trout in that lake do that. they are really strange. sometimes we catch a couple that act and fight like real trout, other days we get hard hits, cant set the hook, or we get hit hard and can set the hook but then we start bringin in the fish and all of a sudden they are off, we get the bait almost all the way to the bank and bam fish is on again and fighting somewhat hard, all in all they dont fight like hard fighting trout, like i said before, ive fought 1 lb trout out of other lakes that fought and acted more agressive then the 5+ lbers ive caught from hesperia, i love the place, but the trout are WEIRD!!

Des the trout killa
02-07-2013, 03:52 PM

Yeah what is a good powerbait rig trout worm rig and jig rig