PDA

View Full Version : 14' MonArk aluminum boat for sale.

bassgrabber1
01-28-2013, 05:23 PM
Selling the boat! This is at Perris almost every week. Its a 1961 14' MonArk with a 5hp air cooled motor, 45lbs thrust MinnKota Edge, Garmin 150 fishfinder, anchor , life vests and more. she runs great ! Please PM me or email me at Grabbershelby@gmail.com. You can see pics of it on my FaceBook page http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.415996205152176.97759.208092412609224&type=1 . Please let me know if you have any questions.....asking $1300. This boat is legal for all SoCal Lakes.

fishmounter
01-30-2013, 06:43 PM
Well no one replied publicly, so I'll say something. This boat has seen a crap load of bass put aboard it for it's short time it has been owned by bassgrabber1, and several of those fish have been real giants! James did some pretty cool stuff to this little boat and it really paid off for him and his fishing passengers. That's all-

bassgrabber1
01-31-2013, 11:52 AM
Well no one replied publicly, so I'll say something. This boat has seen a crap load of bass put aboard it for it's short time it has been owned by bassgrabber1, and several of those fish have been real giants! James did some pretty cool stuff to this little boat and it really paid off for him and his fishing passengers. That's all-

Thanx Jeff. It already sold !!! Some pretty cool guys saw it and bought it without question. That little boat was equipped for any lake.,....loved it!

fishmounter
01-31-2013, 06:28 PM
I wonder.. Is it still going to be a regularly seen vessel at LP?

bassgrabber1
01-31-2013, 11:31 PM
I wonder.. Is it still going to be a regularly seen vessel at LP?
I dont think so.....the guy that bought it will be using it to trout fish. He might do Perris though. I believe he said that Skinner was one of his lakes. He lives in Temecula.

P.A.W.
02-02-2013, 02:26 PM
I'll let you know if it haunts Skinner. I used to have a 14' tinny with a Briggs on it. Unmistakable sound.

bassgrabber1
02-05-2013, 05:06 AM
I'll let you know if it haunts Skinner. I used to have a 14' tinny with a Briggs on it. Unmistakable sound.

hahaha.....thats true . I saw you a few years ago then at Skinner when we camped there. I was on the lake and heard the same sound.

Stalker Of Fish
02-07-2013, 10:57 AM

Paw I have the same motor on a 14 foot boat so you WILL hear mine also . I have a flat bottom boat though .

P.A.W.
02-09-2013, 07:09 AM
Those Briggs motors are tough. I bought mine back in '04 when 4 strokes were pretty new and kind of expensive. I needed to get on the water and $800 for a brand new motor sounded good for me. I recently talked to the guy who bought it from me and it's still chugging along. Not very elegant, but it gets the job done.

Stalker Of Fish
02-09-2013, 10:29 AM
Those Briggs motors are tough. I bought mine back in '04 when 4 strokes were pretty new and kind of expensive. I needed to get on the water and $800 for a brand new motor sounded good for me. I recently talked to the guy who bought it from me and it's still chugging along. Not very elegant, but it gets the job done.

Mine shifts hard It does not seem to Idle slow enough without killing the motor . I am going to adjust the idle and carb settings
to try and fix that . I am also looking into making or adding a better exhaust Briggs does offer more quiet versions .My biggest complaint is it's loud as U know!
It does start easily and I like I can run it out of the water to warm it up as I prep my boat . But you are right it is a very
course engine . I will eventually get something nicer when I can .

bassgrabber1
02-16-2013, 08:20 AM
Mine shifts hard It does not seem to Idle slow enough without killing the motor . I am going to adjust the idle and carb settings
to try and fix that . I am also looking into making or adding a better exhaust Briggs does offer more quiet versions .My biggest complaint is it's loud as U know!
It does start easily and I like I can run it out of the water to warm it up as I prep my boat . But you are right it is a very
course engine . I will eventually get something nicer when I can .
They do shift hard at times .....you have to change the gear oil. I would change mine every 10 trips just to keep it clean. I took mine to a lawn mower shop to have it serviced and they adjusted the carb and idle ....still kinda idled high for me . That motor was a trooper though and got the job done.

Stalker Of Fish
02-17-2013, 05:01 PM
They do shift hard at times .....you have to change the gear oil. I would change mine every 10 trips just to keep it clean. I took mine to a lawn mower shop to have it serviced and they adjusted the carb and idle ....still kinda idled high for me . That motor was a trooper though and got the job done.

I have since spent some time making some adjustments it's much better turned out the idle stop adjustment screw was gone when i bought it I put another
screw and spring on with loctite dialed it in then set air/fuel mix It's so much better when i shifted before it would go WHAP/CRASH I know if i kept on
running it without doing something it was going grenade . You have a well set boat I am surprised it's here still maybe spring spawn people will be thinking
boats and Bass . good luck I hope It sell quickly for ya!

bassgrabber1
02-18-2013, 12:28 PM
It sold the next day!