PDA

View Full Version : Wifes amputation

HBAR
01-28-2013, 11:23 AM
For everyone who's gotten to know us and the stuff we've been going through theres more to it now. Melissa's going to be admitted today they have to go back into her leg and see whats going on and clean out whatever is in there. Doctor said she has septic bursides they are going to do an MRI and surgery tomorrow.

TaperSteve
01-28-2013, 11:33 AM
Good luck with everything brother....

TS

Poxy Boggards
01-28-2013, 11:42 AM
Good luck, prayers and good vibes sent your wifes way!

cutbait
01-28-2013, 11:53 AM
Hope it all goes as best as it can.

Hometown
01-28-2013, 04:35 PM
Good luck and a speedy recovery

Cartman
01-28-2013, 04:52 PM
For everyone who's gotten to know us and the stuff we've been going through theres more to it now. Melissa's going to be admitted today they have to go back into her leg and see whats going on and clean out whatever is in there. Doctor said she has septic bursides they are going to do an MRI and surgery tomorrow.

It seems to just keep lingering on. How does she keep it from getting her down? When's it going to be over?

5150fishn
01-28-2013, 04:59 PM
Sorry to hear the news that this is still a problem. Hopefully everything gets fixed properly tomorrow. Wishing Melissa a speedy recovery!

old pudd fisher
01-28-2013, 05:26 PM
Hope it gets better soon, let us know how it went.

DEVOREFLYER
01-28-2013, 05:43 PM
Prayers to your wife and family.

murrieta angler
01-28-2013, 05:46 PM
Hey HBAR,
Sorry to hear.
My Prayers go out to you and your family.
Robert
<><

HBAR
01-28-2013, 06:08 PM
We are currently sitting and waiting at cedars sinai ER room and it looks like were gonna be here a really long time before she even gets called into a room. She says thank you all Team 57 for the thoughts and prayers.

TUNAVIC
01-28-2013, 07:01 PM
Very,very sorry,I will keep a good thought for her,hope she endures and all turns out well.

Cya TunaVic

smokehound
01-28-2013, 07:18 PM
damn bursitis?

That sucks.. Shell pull through.

Best wishes, man.

bones
01-28-2013, 08:04 PM
Hang in there brotha........Our prayers are with you and your family.

Be STRONG !

HBAR
01-28-2013, 09:18 PM
Its now been 4 1/2 hours since we checked into the ER at cedars sinai and they still havent called her in. One of the nurses told us some beds were opening up and we would be next, then she told another patient the same thing. Well 25 mins ago they took that patient and here we still sit.
I will keep updating on here like I did last year when the accident happened. She likes all the comments and thanks everyone, as she said Justins (aka mini hbar) "extended uncles and aunts"

DockRat
01-29-2013, 05:39 AM
You'll get her all fixed up.
Might be slow admission but is a great hospital.
DR

HBAR
01-29-2013, 01:14 PM
Just got word surgery is tomorrow at 12pm

olfishergal
01-29-2013, 01:31 PM
Sometimes recovery is a slow road with bumps along the way. Positive attitude helps alot and she will be fine. In the ER, remember the squeeky wheel gets greased first.....Best wishes, OFG

HBAR
01-29-2013, 02:52 PM
Sometimes recovery is a slow road with bumps along the way. Positive attitude helps alot and she will be fine. In the ER, remember the squeeky wheel gets greased first.....Best wishes, OFG

OFG she fell a year ago christmas broke both legs, after surgery the first time the left leg got infected 3 more times, this surgery tomorrow make's #10 in just over a year. We've been hitting bumps all along as there are other "issues" at hand as well.

kaneo
01-29-2013, 05:11 PM
so sorry to hear this hbar... prayers and blessing sent your way... with a good husband like you, your wife will be in good hands.. cedars is one of the best hospitals around !! godspeed my friend !!

orton1990
01-29-2013, 05:28 PM
My brother married a woman who ia a paraplegic. He never knew her when she walked. She is so full of life and about what she can do that she is such a blessing. There are things that are difficult but love conquers all.
Still have faith and look for the other side of the situation you and our wife have.

troutdog
01-29-2013, 10:01 PM
Hope things are as well as can be, sending positive thoughts and prayers to the H-Bar family.

TD

Hunter Of Fish
01-30-2013, 03:12 AM
Sorry to hear about this. I know first hand what she is going through . I went through two years of surgeries on my legs
after a hit in run driver ran in to me on my motorcycle. Hang in there both of ya. Like others have said, U are at a great hospital . I will keep a good thought for your lady as well as you and the boy . I know it a tough thing for a family to face
I hope it all goes well . Take care and be well.....all of you!

HBAR
01-30-2013, 11:31 AM
They just took Melissa into surgery right now. Walked with her as far as they would let me and now sitting in the waiting area, will post when shes out and give an update. Thanks everyone for the prayers and well wishes.

5150fishn
01-30-2013, 11:49 AM
Sending you all positive vibes. Melissa is in good hands! Hang in there bro.

Rooster
01-30-2013, 11:53 AM
My thoughts & Prayers are with you and Melissa bro. Keep us updated

fishinone
01-30-2013, 01:18 PM
I'm keeping you and Melissa and your doctors as well, in my prayers.

HBAR
01-30-2013, 01:23 PM
Doc just came in said they are still getting surgery room ready, MRI shows infection reached the bone so when they go in they will have to amputate a little bit more of the bone.

Update: surgery is done the MRI decived the docs the infection did not get to the bone, he cleaned up the infection checked around for any other areas that might have been affected. Waiting for her in recovery now

HBAR
01-30-2013, 07:18 PM
Melissa is back in her room now, surgery went well the infection did not get to the bone as the doctors thought due to MRI results. Doc cleaned up the area remove infectious whatever.
Hopefully she'll be out there with us soon tossing a line, thanks everyone for prayers and well wishes.

DEVOREFLYER
01-30-2013, 07:32 PM
Great great news and hope for a speedy recovery for your wife and a well earned rest and relief for you. Tight lines for both of you in the future.

bruce watson
01-30-2013, 08:22 PM
It's good that everything is working out to the good. Now get some sleep so the stress doesn't get to you.

Carptain_Bao
01-30-2013, 08:54 PM
Glad to hear the surgery went well. Hope she will get a speedy recovery! Hope you and the families feel better!

old pudd fisher
01-30-2013, 09:17 PM
Glad to hear the good news.....SEMPER FI......!

TUNAVIC
01-31-2013, 07:10 AM
I've been thinking you guys and the situation,so glad to hear some good news!

Cya TunaVic

Big Daddy
01-31-2013, 07:44 AM
Hey Mike, I haven't been on here in awhile great news for Melissa, you and family brother. Glad all thing worked out. Maybe it wasn't the fact that the MRI fooled them maybe it is the fact that so many were praying, that God did the (Miracules) in this situation on your familys behalf.

You and your family is constantly in our prayers
we'll see you soon

BD

trollmiester
01-31-2013, 09:44 AM
great news,god bless your family always.

5150fishn
01-31-2013, 10:34 AM
Glad to here the infection did not get to the bone. Now for a speedy recovery and then hopefully she will be back to fishing soon. Thanks for the update Mike.

Poxy Boggards
01-31-2013, 03:12 PM
Great news, wishing your wife a speedy recovery!

Marley
01-31-2013, 08:46 PM
Hey Mike, I just saw the thread. So sorry to hear. I'm glad she didn't lose more bone. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

HBAR
02-01-2013, 12:34 PM
Hey FNNer's we are waiting on word from the doctor as to if she comes home today or not. Saw the doctor on our way out last night and he said everything is looking good, so keeping our fingers crossed no extended hospital stay for her this year.

DarkShadow
02-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Hey FNNer's we are waiting on word from the doctor as to if she comes home today or not. Saw the doctor on our way out last night and he said everything is looking good, so keeping our fingers crossed no extended hospital stay for her this year.

HBAR,

You're gonna be slaying fish before you know it. Hang in there and it's obvious she has a great support structure around her.

Your next post will be of you slaying some fish.

HBAR
02-01-2013, 05:27 PM
HBAR,

You're gonna be slaying fish before you know it. Hang in there and it's obvious she has a great support structure around her.

Your next post will be of you slaying some fish.

Hehe thanks for making me chuckle, sorry to say me and mini hbar arent heading to any of the lakes right now as I'm sitting next to her at the hospital.

PONTOON
02-01-2013, 09:30 PM
HBAR,

My prayers have been with Your wife, You and your Family. I'm glad to hear there was good news and I'm sure she will be on the shore fishing with you soon.

HBAR
02-01-2013, 09:37 PM
Well we sat around most of the day waiting on word from Melissa to come pick her up or not, finally around 230 she txt, COME GET ME!!!
So she is back home and resting in a "comfortable" bed, again I want to thank the FNN/Team 57 family for all their thoughts and prayers, I should have recorded Justin's reaction when he saw his mom being wheeled out into the front lobby.
Hopefully she'll be out there with us fishing as best as she can or at least sitting in the chair with the group having fun, enjoying the joking around and the antics that go on. In Dana's words, family, fishing, food, fun.

Mike, Melissa, Brianna, and Justin.