PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 1/27 float tube report

-mike
01-27-2013, 06:48 PM
On the water: 8am
Off the water: 1pm
Water temp: 53 degrees in the morning
Water visibility: 6ft

It was cloudy and windy all morning which made for nice fishing!

I metered a lot of suspended fish in the upper half of the water column. Lots of marks on the fishfinder between 10-15 ft. The two setups I used today were a split shot rig with a berkley mouse tail and on the other rod I had an inflated half-crawler also on a split shot rig. I kicked from the launch ramp to trout island and that's where I got my first fish on the mouse tail. A nice little cookie cutter trout.

Then I proceeded towards the west shore and that's where I spent most of the day. Near the yellow buoy is where I caught most of my fish. It's in front of the 3rd point on the west shore. It was a very consistent bite all morning and mid-day. All but two of my fish were on the pink head/white body mouse tail. The other two were on the inflated half-crawler. When I was heading in to the launch ramp to call it a day I tied on a crankbait to try throwing it in the shallow water near the launch ramp. I managed to nail 3 on the crankbait! The last one jumped in the air and came unbuttoned but whatever. I say that fish counts too :Big Grin:

here's the setup i used for the mouse tail rod: 2lb test, #5 split shot 2ft above a #10 owner mosquito hook with a pink head/white body berkley mouse tail

troutsniffer
01-27-2013, 06:54 PM
Why is it that 1/2 the people post reports but never say where? wth!

It's like: I caught 3 rainbows today in the center on night crawlers! Why even post!

dixoncider
01-27-2013, 07:09 PM
Why is it that people ***** about a report? (troutsniffer) Its a report.. and it seems to me that there is plenty of info also TIme, water temp, Vis, place where he caught fish, what bait used, and even the pound test line and how it was rigged.. DUDE... What do you need the numbers on the yellow buoy? its a small lake ok...
-mike..THanks for the report ..

Rot8
01-27-2013, 07:26 PM

It's like: I caught 3 rainbows today in the center on night crawlers! Why even post!

Strange comment troutsniffer. He is prettly explicit. He tells you from the launch ramp to trout island and takes you to the West Shore and the exact buoy. I hope he doesn't have to tell you Irvine Lake, since that would be too obvious. Anyways, I don't understand your reponse.

vdubfiend
01-27-2013, 07:30 PM
Haha
I was thinking the exact opposite....
I know exactly where he is referring to
Thanks for the report!
I wanted to make it out there today but couldn't get out there..

ALandsford
01-27-2013, 08:06 PM
Irvine Lake ..as the thread title says

troutsniffer
01-27-2013, 08:30 PM
Irvine Lake ..as the thread title says

Damn Didn't see that it was in the Irvine Thread. It never says that when you see the post pop up in the home section. my bad! Awesome report =)

Troutin Man
01-27-2013, 10:19 PM
Hey Mike! This was a great report. I have never fished Irvine Lake and your description helped me picture location and all...and I've never been there. Very specific man. One of the best reports I've seen for the Vine. Maybe I will hit up the Vine just cuz of you! Be like Mike! :UDaMan:

I think this just goes to show what a great report can do...it can convince others to try something new, to take time off work, and spend a day on a new adventure! Way to go Mike!

Tight lines!

allanon
01-27-2013, 10:38 PM
Thanks Mike, great report. Just itchin to go fishin' now!

OC ANGLER
01-27-2013, 11:44 PM
Great report!

Shewillbemine
01-28-2013, 02:49 AM
Great report! I'll be there tomorrow. I love weekday fishing; no crowds.

5150fishn
01-28-2013, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the report. Sounds like another great day at the Vine!