PDA

View Full Version : izorline XXX Super Co-Polymer... good or bad?

fishmounter
01-27-2013, 12:25 PM
I recently bought some izorline XXX Super Co-Polymer in 2 lb test because of a recommendation by a guy at Bass Pro Shops. I have since heard it is not a good line because of terrible knot strength. Has or does anyone use this line, and if so, what do you think about it?

fish'n fool
01-27-2013, 12:36 PM
I use the clear 2# Izorline XXX all the time. I fish local and the Sierras. Caught a 10.5 # rainbow with it. Never had a problem with the line.

bassfishing24/7
01-27-2013, 01:03 PM
Im currently using the xxx 10 lb test on my bass rod. im not really satisfied with it.ive been losing countless hooks & stuff due to snaggs.i will be trying something different like pline cxx or maxima....

HookedUptuber
01-27-2013, 01:16 PM
I use it on all my trout set ups I have not had one fish break off yet this year. Nor any knot problems either

Thisfool
01-27-2013, 01:26 PM
I recently bought some izorline XXX Super Co-Polymer in 2 lb test because of a recommendation by a guy at Bass Pro Shops. I have since heard it is not a good line because of terrible knot strength. Has or does anyone use this line, and if so, what do you think about it?

I love izorline xxx im not sure if im using the super co-polymer but every reel i own for every typ of fishing i do is spooled up with izorline.

4lb on my trout rods never had a knot brake except for when i get snagged on bottom, i catch several fish on one knot i never retie and i never have a problem.

last summer i took my float tube to los almitos bay and i landed a 15lb bat ray on 4lb izorline xxx.

fishmounter
01-27-2013, 01:35 PM
Well, it's sounding better and better..

billy b
01-27-2013, 01:50 PM
I use the clear 2# Izorline XXX all the time. I fish local and the Sierras. Caught a 10.5 # rainbow with it. Never had a problem with the line.

thanks mucho

Jig-Guy
01-27-2013, 03:08 PM
I love the Izoreline XXX. I use it for trout at 2 pound test and up to 40 pound test for offshore. I use the San Diego Jam Knot and the Double San Diego Jam Knot offshore & never had any problems. The line is great.
Remeber to take care of any mono! No hot garages, no car trunks take good care of your line no matter what brand. I keep my line in the dark of my closet in my air conditioned home.

formosa
01-27-2013, 06:10 PM
I love the Izoreline XXX. I use it for trout at 2 pound test and up to 40 pound test for offshore. I use the San Diego Jam Knot and the Double San Diego Jam Knot offshore & never had any problems. The line is great.
Remeber to take care of any mono! No hot garages, no car trunks take good care of your line no matter what brand. I keep my line in the dark of my closet in my air conditioned home.

very well said, i fish xxx for my salt, fresh water. and i use SD Jam Knot. it's great line.

fish'n fool
01-28-2013, 10:38 AM
thanks mucho

I buy my XXX at Sav-On Tackle in Santa Fe Springs or at the Fred Hall Show.

Prowler_Tuber
01-28-2013, 12:55 PM
It works ask Bebop and the guys from SARL its very strong, they catch DD's on it all the time. I use it on my trolling rods (#4).

5150fishn
01-28-2013, 01:14 PM
I switched to this line last year and am completly sold on it. I use #4 on all of my trolling rods for trout and it holds up great. Only line I use fresh and salt.

Hometown
01-28-2013, 04:28 PM
Very good line it is what I use.

Cartman
01-28-2013, 04:56 PM
I use it, and I'd say it probably tests more like 4 pound than 2 pound line. I bought a 6000 yd spool this year and keep my reels fresh for each outing. I have complete confidence in this line. Any knot in 2# line needs to be right on, imho.

Slims
02-03-2013, 09:26 AM
I started using xxx years ago when it first came out. It used to be called xxx super mono. Dont know why the named changed. Anyway, I have been using it for years. I have landed a 13 lb lightning trout, 15lb rainbow, 6 lb largemouth, and a 20 lb carp all on the 2 lb test. Using it in salt, I have landed a ray that had to have gone 75-100 lbs. Couldn't weigh it but it was a beast, got that sucker on 20lb test.

Trust me, its awesome.

fishmounter
02-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Thanks Slims. Maybe the reviewer that had such a bad problem with his knots breaking was tying terrible knots!

Ifishtoolittle
02-03-2013, 08:18 PM
That's the only line I fish with. I've dragged in a 15lb log with frayed 10lb xxx before. So, it is rather strong.

gamekiller
02-04-2013, 02:58 AM
Izor XXX is top shelf...If your knots are failing than you're doing something wrong

TUNAVIC
02-04-2013, 08:32 AM
I use the xxx 2lb,haven't had any problems.

Cya TunaVic

jerryG
02-09-2013, 11:41 AM
I've been using Izorine as long as they have been making it. It was actually highly recommended to me by the late Russ Izor. He told me it was the strongest/ best line available and he was right. Not only is it a high quality product but when you consider the amount of line you get from a spool Izorine and how much it costs you will find that it is also an amazing value. You could spend a lot more for a lot less buying an inferior product.

JerryG

billy b
02-09-2013, 02:37 PM
so ... many of you are doing just fine without using fluoro ???