PDA

View Full Version : Boating SARL or Irvine lakes

Kingfisher2
01-26-2013, 02:36 PM
Thinking of taking my boat to either SARL or Irvine lake. I've heard the water level at Irvine was pretty low for a while but still launchable and as far as SARL, I haven't heard of anybody taking their boat there. Anybody have any thoughts or experience on this lately? Thanks!

Hotbite909
01-26-2013, 06:56 PM
Kingfisher, I usually fish both lakes and each lake can be equally good. SARL seems to have less boat traffic and more tubers then Corona. SARL has good areas around the water intake and is deeper water. I always fish SARL in a specific area. Corona is shallow and seems to be good near the areas that are stocked and the dam area. From my experience Corona has more area to fish.

Kingfisher2
01-26-2013, 10:02 PM
Thank you Hotbite, how is the boat launch at SARL? Is it a pretty easy launch ramp and is there room to park my truck and boat trailer? I may give that a try if its a fairly easy place to launch and recover from.
what do you think.

allanon
01-27-2013, 09:07 AM
I have fished from my buddies boat at SARL a few times now. Easy launch ramp and plenty of parking. Nice thing about SARL is not a lot of boaters so water is rarely crowded.

plumber2001
01-27-2013, 09:38 AM
I have fished from my buddies boat at SARL a few times now. Easy launch ramp and plenty of parking. Nice thing about SARL is not a lot of boaters so water is rarely crowded.

check there website.

plumber2001
01-27-2013, 09:41 AM
check there website.

sorry ,i guess since 11-28 12 you can bring a clean dry private boat to sarl.nowing that i might give it a shot myself

Kingfisher2
01-27-2013, 10:04 AM
Thanks guys! I think I'll give it a shot one of these days. I've never fished there at all so maybe I will go and fish from shore sometime this week and check it out. Next time you guys are there Look for an older, brown, 16', split windshild Crestliner and say hi.

Thanks again!