PDA

View Full Version : 1/24 Bako duct striper after work

bakersneck
01-25-2013, 05:10 PM
Fished one spot for about 45 min. Caught 1 and had 1 bump. Seemed like they didn't want to commit, the fish I caught was hooked in the head with a 1/2 jig and fluke on a slow retrieve. I'll take it, this was only the 3rd striper I caught from the duct so far, and it's been awhile. I've learned a lot from reading other posts and look forward to putting that knowledge to use and catching more.

dk4885
01-25-2013, 05:29 PM
nice first post, pic and you caught fish. keep them coming..... slay them stripers.

CL SmooV
01-25-2013, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the post........keep em comin. Way to to get on fish.

cutbait
01-25-2013, 06:02 PM
Cadet road?

Keep at it. Its the slow season now.

Mark my words.. depending on the weather but March on is going to be sick

You going to enter in the competition?

bakersneck
01-25-2013, 08:18 PM
Yes on Cadet. I just started trying different spots this weekend, Cadet was one of them. Any advise on dirt road access to the duct. I was thinking of checking out between Lerdo and Lost Hills

I would like to enter the competition.

dk4885
01-25-2013, 08:39 PM
your in just update the leader board with your catches. good luck. be careful you might get the fever. i no i got it and the only cure is another hookup.....

cutbait
01-25-2013, 09:01 PM
Yes on Cadet. I just started trying different spots this weekend, Cadet was one of them. Any advise on dirt road access to the duct. I was thinking of checking out between Lerdo and Lost Hills

I would like to enter the competition.

I'm all for exploring and you do need to do some.

But with the rain and the bite conditions. Hedge your bets and wait it out a few weeks.

I could tell you the roads but wouldn't matter as you'd get stuck in the mud within 100 ft.

I posted on someones thread all the back roads. I think it was one of Fw/dave threads