PDA

View Full Version : 1-24-13 Stocking THOUSANDS of Sierra Bows & some HUGE SUUUUPER TROUT - SARL & Corona

fishinglakes.com
01-25-2013, 12:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCTBHaGZMiY&feature=youtu.be

WE ALSO HAVE 24 HOUR FAMILY FISHING & OVERNIGHT CAMPING SPECIAL - THIS WEEKEND - FRIDAY 1/25 & SATURDAY 1/26

fishinglakes.com
01-25-2013, 12:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyKZ34BJGL4

Phil Friedman Outdoor Show 1/23/13 - Santa Ana River Lakes & Corona Lake

the dude
01-25-2013, 06:15 AM
I've heard nothing but good things about SARL this season I'm seriously going to have to get out there before all the fun is over!

vegas fish slayer
01-25-2013, 02:22 PM
I fished SARL for the 1st time this weekend. The fishing was super good and the tournament was super fun. I brought a friend of mine that has never been to any of the lakes before or even been in a float tube before. After getting there and getting things set up we signed up for the tournament and waited for the night raffle that Eddie told us about. I won a float tube launch voucher, how convienent. While we were setting up our boats we meet up with some other fellow FNN members (sorry i forgot your names) and we hung out swapping fish stories about days past and talked strategy for the upcoming day. They let us in super early and we fished our butts off. The atmosphere there is different than Corona but im sure that if i went there more often it would be different. The guys at the fishing lakes for sure know how to plug a lake with some SUPER nice fish. Even the small ones fight like giants. Thanks guys for another great weekend of fishing see yall next weekend. You might as well write my name on the 1st place envelope now cuz its mine!!!!

vegas fish slayer
01-25-2013, 02:35 PM
As far as the lake itself...The water is ridiculus clear. It is also super deep. We smashed the fish but i didnt get any hogs. We got them on the dropshot white worm and the trout king white and green jig. The bite was good all day no complaint there. The lake seems stuffed with fish. We fished down by the bubble hole near the road that goes into the lake. The fish were stacked on both sides of that road and it was pretty easy pickens. The best part is it pretty much snag free. I didnt lose a single hook all day to a snag. I lost one from not retying after catching one but that was my own fault. If you decide to do the tournaments just a piece of advise make sure you are at the awards on time cuz even if your on your way and they call you you get no grace period. Oh well