PDA

View Full Version : Corona Lake 1-23-13

lightning trout
01-24-2013, 12:54 PM
Hit up Corona Lake again this Wednesday for some awesome action. We even fished crappie for a bit due to the trout biting so well. I hooked one around 15 pounds and had it at the net three times but it just was not meant to be and it was lost ; (. I did land a 6, 5 1/2, 5, and a 4 lbr though : ) all caught on a White Pee Wee worm dead sticked ( which means fish it just like you would powerbait with a small hook and small split shot) My buddy got a 12 lbr on the same rig as well. Was a fun day and cant wait to get back : ).

JAG107
01-24-2013, 03:12 PM
Wow way to kill em man! I was just out there today and it was also a great bite, but all fish were 1- 1.5lbs. Today was all about chartreuse in the AM, then after noon it switched to orange w/white head. Did not get any love on white worms although one guy was out there getting good action on white power worms. Nice toads! Sorry to hear about the big one snapping off, it happened to me too about 3 yrs ago.

aftahour
01-24-2013, 11:40 PM
nice going guys. i was the one in the green tube. saw that monster you lost. that sucked. u guys killed em.