PDA

View Full Version : lakers suck

jnitrobass
01-23-2013, 07:12 PM
fire the coach and find a coach that can use defense.every game is a joke.kobycould coach better bring back phil

Skyler
01-23-2013, 08:43 PM
You were almost there...The sports subforum. The one right below this one, lol.

DockRat
01-24-2013, 06:57 AM
They really fell apart after they got rid of Bynum ? LMAO

FishinElectrician
01-24-2013, 10:07 AM
Im glad this is happening. If the Lakers have done one good thing so far this season, its weeding out the phony fans and sending them to the clippers bandwagon...

DarkShadow
01-24-2013, 04:13 PM
Im glad this is happening. If the Lakers have done one good thing so far this season, its weeding out the phony fans and sending them to the clippers bandwagon...

So you don't mind the team getting embarrassed night in and night out as long as it weeds out the phony fans?

All you need to do is lose 3 games straight to weed out the phone Laker fans, honestly. Don't need to tank the entire season to achieve that goal.

fishinarteest
01-24-2013, 05:30 PM
this has given me the chance to root for my second favorite team in the nba. The okc thunder. they currently have the best record in the league. and they are the best offensive team in the league. Kevin durant, russell westbrook, kevin martin, kendrick perkins, and serge ibaka. Thats an unstopable force right there. And they have embarresed the clippers and the laker sellout bandwagon clipper fans.

casting call
01-24-2013, 06:16 PM
this has given me the chance to root for my second favorite team in the nba. The okc thunder. they currently have the best record in the league. and they are the best offensive team in the league. Kevin durant, russell westbrook, kevin martin, kendrick perkins, and serge ibaka. Thats an unstopable force right there. And they have embarresed the clippers and the laker sellout bandwagon clipper fans.

OKC is a great team, no doubt, but they werent exactly unstoppable last night to the Warriors! The W's are the only team who has beaten OKC, Miami and the Clips (3x) this year!

fishinarteest
01-24-2013, 08:19 PM
OKC is a great team, no doubt, but they werent exactly unstoppable last night to the Warriors! The W's are the only team who has beaten OKC, Miami and the Clips (3x) this year!

yea im really liking gsw this year, i think they are having a well deserved good year. And im glad that they have beat big teams such as miami and the clippers. That guy stephen curry is a beast.

FishinElectrician
01-25-2013, 08:54 AM
So you don't mind the team getting embarrassed night in and night out as long as it weeds out the phony fans?

All you need to do is lose 3 games straight to weed out the phone Laker fans, honestly. Don't need to tank the entire season to achieve that goal.What are you talkin about??? Cmon bro. Use common sense. Of course I mind that theyre gettin tossed up every game, and that they look worse than the pathetic usc basketball team. But since I have no control over when the Lakers lose or win, I try and look at any bright side I can...

DarkShadow
01-25-2013, 09:53 AM
What are you talkin about??? Cmon bro. Use common sense. Of course I mind that theyre gettin tossed up every game, and that they look worse than the pathetic usc basketball team. But since I have no control over when the Lakers lose or win, I try and look at any bright side I can...

If you did have control, what do you think would need to be done to get the ship from out of the bottom of the ocean and sailing again?

Is it a coaching problem? Personnel problem?

It's just shocking to see that type of talent they have on the court and the record that it has translated to.

Trading deadline is February 21st.....Who will be sent packing?

FishinElectrician
01-25-2013, 11:05 AM
Well, its hard to say. Its obvious the Lakers are not goin out there as a cohesive unit, and it seems they are resenting bein on the floor together. I dont think theres any fixing that. And I suppose D' Antoni's style of coaching isnt working all that well with these guys (I dont understand why these guys cant get the pick n roll right!!!), but the coaches are only part of the problem. The players have to want to step out onto the floor want to play with each other, but that doesnt look like its happenin.

I think Howard might be gone by the deadline. Whatever Kobe wants, Kobe gets...

DarkShadow
01-25-2013, 12:57 PM
Whatever Kobe wants, Kobe gets...

Ouch.

And with that, we take it back to the studio with Chick and Stu.

casting call
01-25-2013, 04:54 PM
I think Howard might be gone by the deadline. Whatever Kobe wants, Kobe gets...

He wants to take most of the shot, and so he takes most of the shots. Honestly, I think kobe is shooting himself out of having any team mates that want to play with him. Didnt howard make a comment to the effect that he doesnt get enough shots? Also Coach D making a statement that sometimes the ball gets sticky on offense? lol

FishinElectrician
01-25-2013, 05:45 PM
Well, as soft as Howard has been looking out there, I take whatever he says with a grain of salt. I dont understand how anyone referred to that guy as "superman", because hes been soft as a twinkie with the Lakers.

This team more than likely wont make it to the playoffs. And who knows if even a blockbuster trade will make the difference. It hasnt so far!

HawgStalker
01-25-2013, 07:35 PM

Some of us are from Dago and have always liked the Clippers but Sterling would always sabotage the team after one winning season!!! BTW... F*@# the Lakers and that's how I've ALWAYS felt! :Big Grin:

FishinElectrician
01-25-2013, 10:03 PM
Some of us are from Dago and have always liked the Clippers but Sterling would always sabotage the team after one winning season!!! BTW... F*@# the Lakers and that's how I've ALWAYS felt! :Big Grin:What a coincidence!!! Ive always felt like FU*K the clippers!!!

Theres no team thats more overrated in the NBA. But dont take my word for it. Just wait till the second round of the playoffs, where you wont see them...

fishinarteest
01-26-2013, 12:02 AM
Just wait till the second round of the playoffs, where you wont see them...

haha just like last year for the clippers. In all seriousness the clippers have a pretty decent team, with chris paul, matt barnes, and eric bledsoe, being there best players. Screw blake griffin most people jumped on the the clippers bandwagon last year because they were really jumping on the blake griffin bandwagon. I say there gonna loose in the first round of the play offs. Speaking of which who do you guys think are going to play offs. I say, thunder, clippers, warriors, and spurs. then for the east coast, knicks, bulls, heat, and nets maybe, if not the nets then pacers.

HawgStalker
01-26-2013, 06:53 AM
What a coincidence!!! Ive always felt like FU*K the clippers!!!

Theres no team thats more overrated in the NBA. But dont take my word for it. Just wait till the second round of the playoffs, where you wont see them...
Lol... We'll see, thats why they play the games right?! One things for sure, at this rate, we definitely won't see the Lakers in the 1st round!!! Hahaha!!! Enjoy the post season!

FishinElectrician
01-26-2013, 08:06 AM
Lol... We'll see, thats why they play the games right?! One things for sure, at this rate, we definitely won't see the Lakers in the 1st round!!! Hahaha!!! Enjoy the post season!Its all good. Its not like the Lakers can win a ring every year, right? Oh and by the way, hows that NBA championship trophy case lookin for the clippers???

Thats right, dusty and EMPTY...

casting call
01-26-2013, 08:22 AM
I hate the lakers, but its funny to see all the bandwagon clips fans this year...lol. Ill give props to the laker fans this year for sticking with their team
Im a GSW fan, have been sine the days of Otis Thorpe and JB Caroll so I know how much it sucks to root for a team that was bad year after year.

EL JEFE
01-26-2013, 08:51 AM
OK.....I was a Laker fan back in the 70's-80's. Used to go to games at the forum. I was loving the Three-Peat Riles invented. But after they got rid of Riles, one of the best coaches and basketball minds ever, and later J.West, I said the hell with them. You let go of two former Lakers, with a shitload of basketball insight, and have mediocre talent running the team (with the exception of Jackson) for the past twenty years, this is what you get. They are lost right now. And will be until they rebuild after Kobe. New management is needed, on and off the floor.

I have been a follower of Riles since he left LA and went to NY. Now, in Miami for the last 17 years or so, he has risen to the top of NBA. IMO, Miami has a few championships in them. With a few changes Riles will make (and we all know he is a master of trades), they are being built for several championships. When an owner gives a coach pretty much an open checkbook, for the last 17 years, they are pretty confident that there will be return on investment.

Lakers had a chance to bring back Riles and they didn't. Riles is and always will be a Laker. It is the Lakers who lost out, not Riles.

IMO, had LA kept Riles and West, there would be more banners hanging at Staples and they would not be in the position they are in right now.

FishinElectrician
01-26-2013, 09:01 AM
You mean Pat Riley? LOL

Basically all i read you say was youre a bandwagon fan...

casting call
01-26-2013, 09:12 AM
OK.....I was a Laker fan back in the 70's-80's. Used to go to games at the forum. I was loving the Three-Peat Riles invented. But after they got rid of Riles, one of the best coaches and basketball minds ever, and later J.West, I said the hell with them. You let go of two former Lakers, with a shitload of basketball insight, and have mediocre talent running the team (with the exception of Jackson) for the past twenty years, this is what you get. They are lost right now. And will be until they rebuild after Kobe. New management is needed, on and off the floor.

I have been a follower of Riles since he left LA and went to NY. Now, in Miami for the last 17 years or so, he has risen to the top of NBA. IMO, Miami has a few championships in them. With a few changes Riles will make (and we all know he is a master of trades), they are being built for several championships. When an owner gives a coach pretty much an open checkbook, for the last 17 years, they are pretty confident that there will be return on investment.

Lakers had a chance to bring back Riles and they didn't. Riles is and always will be a Laker. It is the Lakers who lost out, not Riles.

IMO, had LA kept Riles and West, there would be more banners hanging at Staples and they would not be in the position they are in right now.

I dont think its entirely on the coach. I think they were successful with Phil Jackson, only because he was the only one who was able to get his teams to play as a team.

Pat Riley is a hall of fame coach, but comon, you have Dwight Howard, Nash, Kobe, and ill even throw in WorldPeace, and they cant even play .500 ball? Yeah, Nash is old, but he still has a high basketball IQ. Everyones bashing Dwight Howard this year, but dont you think hes "soft" this year because he doesnt want to be on the court with a certain individual? I just think nobody on the Lakers likes playing with Kobe. You can put any coach to run that team right now, even Riley, and youll still have the same result. Until they trade Kobe or until he retires, lakers will continue to suck. Which is fine by me...lol
BTW, did you know that the GSW hired Jerry West as a special consultant this year? Probably the best acquisition theyve made in 25 years!

EL JEFE
01-26-2013, 10:08 AM
You mean Pat Riley? LOL

Basically all i read you say was youre a bandwagon fan...

FYI....Pat Riley is commonly referred to as "Riles." OLD school Laker's fans know this

And NO, I am NOT a fan of LAL!!!!

EL JEFE
01-26-2013, 10:10 AM
BTW, did you know that the GSW hired Jerry West as a special consultant this year? Probably the best acquisition theyve made in 25 years!

My point......HIGH basketball IQ!!

FishinElectrician
01-26-2013, 10:16 AM
FYI....Pat Riley is commonly referred to as "Riles." OLD school Laker's fans know this

And NO, I am NOT a fan of LAL!!!!Ummm, thats funny, cuz Ive been a fan since he was in L.A., and i dont remember him bein referred to as "riles", nor do any of the 8 people Ive asked so far, who have been Lakers fans since the 70's. Must be a pet name, I suppose.

FishinElectrician
01-26-2013, 10:31 AM
I take that back. One of my cousins just told me that was a name for him since the very early 80's. I stand corrected!