PDA

View Full Version : can anybody give me directions to good surf fishing spots in newport and balboa

youngfisherman
01-23-2013, 10:01 AM
i gone surf fishing 2 times with my friend and his dad he took me to a good spot but i dont know were it is, what im asking for any good spots in newport and balboa beach

skunked4life
01-23-2013, 10:44 AM
I will pm you. In general, it depends on what you want to fish for. I have been in NPB and Balboa about 3 times a week for the last month and have had mild success. The perch are not biting as much as they were in November. The tide has been ultra low and flat lately. Dunno if this has anything to do with the fishies. If you just want a fun time, anywhere in NPB and Balboa is good.

one long cast
01-23-2013, 01:07 PM
Area on both sides of the santa ana river

Homefish
01-23-2013, 09:17 PM
pm sent(i think). Good Luck.

Nipple Twister
01-27-2013, 03:12 PM
I have had positive results along the beach anywhere from the Balboa Pier to the jetty at the Wedge, right where the rocks meet the beach on an 3 footish outgoing tide has been a nice trench.
Also Little Corona Del Mar cove has lots of structure but you have to get around the harbor to get there.......the small beach at lower tides under the Lido Island bridge from Newport Bd

Good Luck and Happy Hunting............bountiful reports are in your near future.......

smokehound
01-29-2013, 12:00 AM
I have had positive results along the beach anywhere from the Balboa Pier to the jetty at the Wedge, right where the rocks meet the beach on an 3 footish outgoing tide has been a nice trench.
Also Little Corona Del Mar cove has lots of structure but you have to get around the harbor to get there.......the small beach at lower tides under the Lido Island bridge from Newport Bd

Good Luck and Happy Hunting............bountiful reports are in your near future.......That can be an excellent spot. Ive caught alot of legal calicos there.