PDA

View Full Version : 1-19-13 sarl!!

blakeb
01-22-2013, 05:35 PM
Headed out to the lake around 12am with my nephew who is 10. Had a great time we ended up with both limits filled. Biggest fish were around 2-3 pounds nothing to qualify for the tournament. The weather was kind of a drag the wind was blowing again this weekend so there was a little current. 5 fish on rainbow PB three on fire tiger z spoon lip ripperz I always have luck with that color and two on a split shot with a white worm. My nephew had a blast so it was a great day for me by the time I had my first fish he had 3 so it was definitely a great time out there.

Was a great event thanks Craig!

Hoping to be out there soon maybe at the end of the month anyone have any questions ask away thanks for reading!

-mike
01-24-2013, 06:20 PM
Nice! Your little nephew's got some skills. I fished sarl the next day (the 20th) and the bite was still hot! I caught most of my fish on the dropshot between 25-35 ft deep

Those 2 fish you caught on the split shot, did you catch them off the bottom or were you fishing higher up in the water column? I'm curious because the split shot technique is one that I haven't tried much. On your retrieve do you want your split shot to be bouncing on the bottom or is your rig suspended higher up in the water column? What size split shot were you using? I don't mean to annoy you with a bunch of questions but since nobody else has any I thought I'd take the opportunity to ask some lol